Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #6,182 of 75,464

RA2 uses two 9V batteries, it is the RAplus that uses one 9V battery.

thanks for the clarification.

i guess i would have to compare to a RA plus

unless bMac makes a 2x 9v design with more output power @irgunawan
biggrin.gif

btw, my $2 Blackberry earbuds sound almost as good (identical sound signature) to my friends Cygnus.... What?
maybe i need to recable one of these...

What cable do you guys get for IEM/earbud cabling, those of you who do, btw?

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #6,183 of 75,464

:D

btw, my $2 Blackberry earbuds sound almost as good (identical sound signature) to my friends Cygnus.... What?

3.5mm Silver plated high quality DIY weave Headphone cable Earphone audio cable repair upgrade wire Without MIC
http://s.aliexpress.com/7JzyMzYn
(from AliExpress Android)

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #6,185 of 75,464

biggrin.gif

@vapman on the next generations bMac amps, of course i will. It so interesting to built.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #6,186 of 75,464

Did a bit of testing against the TY Hi-Z and Tomahawk. It's warmer than both of them, more bass, slightly recessed voices (but nothing like the SeaHf). Missing out on the airiness of the Tomahawk. Still smooth and enjoyable - more so for electronic music than vocals. This is all with full foam on all of them. Something tells me the Faaeal could benefit from donuts or the Monk+ thin foam (naked seem slightly too bright for me). Take all I say with a huge pinch of salt though, not very experienced at describing sound. Only thing I can say for sure is that I enjoy them : )

thyanks. appreciated. mine will be here on Monday, can't wait to test them out :)

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #6,188 of 75,464
  @vapman on the next generations bMac amps, of course i will. It so interesting to built.

I can not wait omg
I will be first customer.
I love bMAc 3CH MK2 more than C5, polaris,  iFi ican, any other amp i have.
It's magical.

Thank you for convincing me to get these.

edit:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VJJB-Original-C1S-Earphone-with-Mic-Remote-Control-Earbuds-Headset-for-iPhone-Samsung-Sony-LG-Mobile/32508678928.html?s=p

These look like E100...?

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #6,189 of 75,464
You could keep a look at Ebay Germany or UK. I recently bought a pair of OMX980 (earhook version) from Ebay UK for only around £75 with shipping. According to the seller they were returns. A few years ago I bought a pair of MX980 for around €80 on Ebay Germany after my pair that I bought in Sweden broke and I got the money back after returning them. Had no doubts of any of them being fake. But perhaps you should think twice before buying from Asia...

Thanks for this. I'll have a look. I really do want to see how these sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back