Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 8, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #6,167 of 75,671
How does the Monk+ compare to MX985?

It will be like comparing a Toyota Prius to a Ferrari 488 Spider - both are really good for what they are designed for, but otherwise not actually comparable besides the fact that they are both cars.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #6,168 of 75,671
It appears all sellers on Amazon are from South Korea. Slightly strange which is why I didn't purchase. It makes sense that these would be counterfeited since the margin on these is pretty high.

I've got my pair of MX985 from South Korean eBay - Gmarket for 175 USD. It arrived with guarantee card filled up as can be seen on the attached pictures. If this is "replica" then this is a bloody good "replica". I just hope it plays better then original :)

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #6,169 of 75,671

I've got my pair of MX985 from South Korean eBay - Gmarket for 175 USD. It arrived with guarantee card filled up as can be seen on the attached pictures. If this is "replica" then this is a bloody good "replica". I just hope it plays better then original :)

Looks legit. But I seen some Hermes bags that look identical to real ones. You never know this days. It just too good for $200 bucks to be a fake...

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #6,170 of 75,671
These must be made in the same factory that made the originals. The housings are customized and not easy to imitate. I've never seen any info on faked MX980/985 except here on Head fi. However I have found info on faked IE8xx IEMs.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #6,171 of 75,671

The box looks like my second hand pair bought in Sweden (where the guy selling them had bought them in a legitimate Swedish physical store a few years earlier).

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #6,172 of 75,671
These must be made in the same factory that made the originals. The housings are customized and not easy to imitate. I've never seen any info on faked MX980/985 except here on Head fi. However I have found info on faked IE8xx IEMs.

Interesting.  Not entirely sure why a few people have posted about there being MX980/985 fakes.  Has anyone out there actually seen a fake one in person?

I really am tempted to purchase here, but not sure about the seller: they have no feedback and say they have 17 in stock.... could that really be??

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #6,175 of 75,671

Interesting.  Not entirely sure why a few people have posted about there being MX980/985 fakes.  Has anyone out there actually seen a fake one in person?

I really am tempted to purchase here, but not sure about the seller: they have no feedback and say they have 17 in stock.... could that really be??

I think they are fakes. I looked from time to time and the number of earbuds they had varied widely.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #6,176 of 75,671

You could keep a look at Ebay Germany or UK. I recently bought a pair of OMX980 (earhook version) from Ebay UK for only around £75 with shipping. According to the seller they were returns. A few years ago I bought a pair of MX980 for around €80 on Ebay Germany after my pair that I bought in Sweden broke and I got the money back after returning them. Had no doubts of any of them being fake. But perhaps you should think twice before buying from Asia...

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #6,177 of 75,671
From searching this thread:

Page 65:
Page 66:
It appears all sellers on Amazon are from South Korea. Slightly strange which is why I didn't purchase. It makes sense that these would be counterfeited since the margin on these is pretty high.

If it helps, it says "100% Genuine and Original Packing" by the seller and they have really good rating

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #6,179 of 75,671
Thinking of selling my o2 and getting the Run About+ to drive my Zen 2.0. Anyone here got opinions on the RA+ with the Zen? 

RA 2.0 here. Must have been made for the Zen. KK (guy who builds them) must be genius. I have told Lee to give him a raise or atleast let him out in the sun once in a while...

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #6,180 of 75,671

RA 2.0 here. Must have been made for the Zen. KK (guy who builds them) must be genius. I have told Lee to give him a raise or atleast let him out in the sun once in a while...

I abasolutely have to know how this compares to the Bengkel Macro bMac

Both 9v rechargable or DC powered, both rollable opamps, same size...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back