Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 8, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #6,151 of 75,710
  Try CHord Mojo + any mobile, you can njoy Tidal/spotify etc on the go :)

In fact this is very good tip. @Tayyab Pirzada - if you want to use your iTunes libery or Apple Music you just need this cable Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and iDevice that supports USB host to output to external DAC/amp. Read more here in Apple section http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=838 If you use external DAC it is not that important what DAP you use. When you buy external DAC just make sure it can send "self power" info to your iDevice.

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #6,152 of 75,710
  In fact this is very good tip. @Tayyab Pirzada - if you want to use your iTunes libery or Apple Music you just need this cable Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and iDevice that supports USB host to output to external DAC/amp. Read more here in Apple section http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=838 If you use external DAC it is not that important what DAP you use. When you buy external DAC just make sure it can send "self power" info to your iDevice.

Chord Mojo seems really expensive. Last I checked it was 800USD

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #6,154 of 75,710
  Yes, it is expensive, I just think you can skip DAP and focus more on DAC/amp that can work with your iDevice if access to iTunes / Apple Music is important for you. There are many DACs that will work for this kind of audio setup and are cheaper.

To be honest I value portability as well. I don't want to be carrying a DAC everywhere, and still want high-quality sound. Which is why I ended up getting AK Jr.

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #6,156 of 75,710

Chord Mojo seems really expensive. Last I checked it was 800USD

That's probably because of its Dynamic Range.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #6,157 of 75,710

It's the earbud I sent you a message about. Haven't had the time to compare it to Red Demun yet, I'll try to get to that soon.

wow "the crow" already in US?

it is a great mod monk earbud

Yep, it arrived on Wednesday. Mine appears to have a different jack than yours as mine uses a viablue jack, but I might be seeing it incorrectly in the picture.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #6,158 of 75,710
It's the earbud I sent you a message about. Haven't had the time to compare it to Red Demun yet, I'll try to get to that soon.
Yep, it arrived on Wednesday. Mine appears to have a different jack than yours as mine uses a viablue jack, but I might be seeing it incorrectly in the picture.

owh its viablue jack for prototype i think.. yes it is different, mine using mps jack.. its by request.. thats why only cost approx 45usd

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #6,159 of 75,710
@elmoel On mine, they covered up the L/R markings with silver paint, so I'm kind of guessing which side is which as there are no other indicators.  Cable choice is quite lovely, although it is a little microphonic.  It doesn't have the stiffness the Red Demun has, which I'm happy about.  I actually had to change to a rubber ring tip to keep the Demun in my ears.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #6,160 of 75,710
To be honest I value portability as well. I don't want to be carrying a DAC everywhere, and still want high-quality sound. Which is why I ended up getting AK Jr.

I never heard the AK but i aways read a lot of complain about it's sluggish ui and not so good bang for the buck factor. Have you considered some research on the likes of Cayin N5, Shanling M2/M3 (shanlings are on sale now at LMUER), iBasso DX80, Luxury & Precision L3? Also there is the new Hifiman Supermini being released soon, it seems really good!

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #6,161 of 75,710
Actually, Penon has the Supermini in stock.  Hmm...  I should read up on that one as I"m really considering a balanced Dap.

And for something a bit more on topic:  The Ritmix RT-500 & Rose Mojito pairing works out quite nicely.  The inexpensive dap, which based on initial impressions feels like a worthy successor to the Kogan, has a decent handle on detail-oriented listening, and is very inexpensive.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #6,163 of 75,710
I never heard the AK but i aways read a lot of complain about it's sluggish ui and not so good bang for the buck factor. Have you considered some research on the likes of Cayin N5, Shanling M2/M3 (shanlings are on sale now at LMUER), iBasso DX80, Luxury & Precision L3? Also there is the new Hifiman Supermini being released soon, it seems really good!

I did actually, and I liked the AK best even with the sluggish UI. It's the most portable with still high-end sound.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #6,164 of 75,710

I'm waiting my Faaeal 64 ohm version to arrive. how would you describe the sound?

Did a bit of testing against the TY Hi-Z and Tomahawk. It's warmer than both of them, more bass, slightly recessed voices (but nothing like the SeaHf). Missing out on the airiness of the Tomahawk. Still smooth and enjoyable - more so for electronic music than vocals. This is all with full foam on all of them. Something tells me the Faaeal could benefit from donuts or the Monk+ thin foam (naked seem slightly too bright for me). Take all I say with a huge pinch of salt though, not very experienced at describing sound. Only thing I can say for sure is that I enjoy them : )

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #6,165 of 75,710
I have never ever heard of a faked MX980 or MX985. As I understand it, these models was too limited to be of interest for those who make counterfaits...

From searching this thread:

Page 65:
Be very worry about MX985 / 980 from China, or any close proximity of China. Do note that it is one of the most counterfeited models in Sennheiser line-up after IE8/80/800 in China.

Page 66:
But as of right now, you can't buy the MX985 anymore, only fake ones on Amazon and Ebay.  So it's already too late now if you're looking for the MX985.
I don't see anywhere else that still selling a legit MX985 anymore.

It appears all sellers on Amazon are from South Korea. Slightly strange which is why I didn't purchase. It makes sense that these would be counterfeited since the margin on these is pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back