Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #6,211 of 75,671
Hey everyone,

For what it's worth, I just created a petition for Astell & Kern to make a new firmware update ASAP for the AK Jr. to once and for all solve the lag issue. Please sign it and share it. It's better than doing nothing I guess.

https://www.change.org/p/astell-kern-astell-kern-provide-ak-jr-with-firmware-update-asap?recruiter=10944278&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

P.S. I also tweeted the link to the petition directly to their company's Twitter account, so they will have seen it hopefully

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #6,212 of 75,671
Hey everyone,

For what it's worth, I just created a petition for Astell & Kern to make a new firmware update ASAP for the AK Jr. to once and for all solve the lag issue. Please sign it and share it. It's better than doing nothing I guess.

https://www.change.org/p/astell-kern-astell-kern-provide-ak-jr-with-firmware-update-asap?recruiter=10944278&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

P.S. I also tweeted the link to the petition directly to their company's Twitter account, so they will have seen it hopefully
you contacted with Alex An?

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #6,214 of 75,671
yuin pk3 is on massdrop

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yuin-pk3

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #6,218 of 75,671
is difficult to answer unequivocally, they have a different signature sound, the size of the driver and the resistance, maybe better buy Cygnus, and even better Edimun. IMHO

beerchug.gif

thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #6,219 of 75,671
Cygnus and Edimun are both good. I just can't stand the Edifier housing for my ears. They hurt with long listening sessions. So I returned my Edifiers and am not sure that I will get Edimun due to this reason. Cygnus is however the most comfortable bud I've ever listened to. I love it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #6,220 of 75,671
Assuming price is not a factor, what are considered the best earbuds for use WITHOUT an amplifier? I intend to use these at work, plugged into my phone (Galaxy S6).

I currently have a Cygnus and MrZ Ting on order.

I've read through much of this thread, but I know some of these earbuds are hard to find now and/or need amplification. Thanks in advance.

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6,221 of 75,671
Assuming price is not a factor, what are considered the best earbuds for use WITHOUT an amplifier? I intend to use these at work, plugged into my phone (Galaxy S6).

I've read through much of this thread, but I know some of these earbuds are hard to find now and/or need amplification. Thanks in advance.
Edimun 32 Ohm, very nice without amp, IMHO :relieved:

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6,222 of 75,671

Best earbuds without an amplifier means you would have to look for earbuds that are low-impedence and can be driven without use of an amp.

"Best" depends on your preferred sound signature. I don't know myself since I still have to test many that I have ordered, but based on what I've heard, the best warm low-impedence earbuds would probably be Sennheiser MX985 while the best cold low-impedence earbuds would probably be the Rose Technology Mojito. And the "warmest" (but not "best warm") earbuds with most sub-bass that are low-impedence (although earbuds in general lack sub-bass compared to IEM's) would probably to my knowledge be the Ostry KC08. The "coldest" low-impedence earbud I am not sure. 

Everything is relative of course, and based on subjective preference though.

The above reccomendations are assuming price is not a factor, since I have listed some really pricey buds...

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #6,224 of 75,671
Best earbuds without an amplifier means you would have to look for earbuds that are low-impedence and can be driven without use of an amp.

"Best" depends on your preferred sound signature. I don't know myself since I still have to test many that I have ordered, but based on what I've heard, the best warm low-impedence earbuds would probably be Sennheiser MX985 while the best cold low-impedence earbuds would probably be the Rose Technology Mojito. And the "warmest" (but not "best warm") earbuds with most sub-bass that are low-impedence (although earbuds in general lack sub-bass compared to IEM's) would probably to my knowledge be the Ostry KC08. The "coldest" low-impedence earbud I am not sure. 

Everything is relative of course, and based on subjective preference though.

The above reccomendations are assuming price is not a factor, since I have listed some really pricey buds...

Thanks for the recommendations. I tend to like a sound signature that's slightly North of neutral (touch of warmth). This is for my 2 channel, non-earphone setup, but I'm assuming the same would apply for earbuds.

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #6,225 of 75,671
Thanks for the recommendations. I tend to like a sound signature that's slightly North of neutral (touch of warmth). This is for my 2 channel, non-earphone setup, but I'm assuming the same would apply for earbuds.

Then you will probably love the Rose Mojito, although it is quite expensive, if you're into neutral sound. If touch of warmth is what you're after, Edimun or Sennheiser MX985 are great. I personally am not into the housing of the Edimun though (it hurts my ears after a while), but to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back