Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 6, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #13,518 of 75,470

Paypal (not eBay) protection is separate and good for up to 180 days. Give it a try. 180 days is like half the year. If the item you got is signifcnatly not as described, or never showed up, you can use the 180 days resolution center on Paypal's site. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll give it a try. 180 days protection is really good.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #13,519 of 75,470
OK guys, so in the light of all the headache and angrer Aliexpress has caused me with their dishonest sellers, I'm thinking it's time to start using MisterTao for all my buying needs.

Either that or when I do order from Aliexpress I only buy from sellers I've personally chewed out for taking forever to ship and make them ship within a couple days...

(Not all Aliexpress stores are bad. Just seems to be the main headphone selling ones. When I bought my 5 pack of KZ cables from a normal electronics store they shipped next day. Rarely HCK has shipped quickly but both AK and the recently- renamed bad seller are all more or less a nightmare to deal with unless you don't mind waiting several weeks for your stuff to make it to the post office. And you'd think on an escrow system they'd be more motivated to get the stuff shipped?)

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #13,520 of 75,470
  OK guys, so in the light of all the headache and angrer Aliexpress has caused me with their dishonest sellers, I'm thinking it's time to start using MisterTao for all my buying needs.

Either that or when I do order from Aliexpress I only buy from sellers I've personally chewed out for taking forever to ship and make them ship within a couple days...

(Not all Aliexpress stores are bad. Just seems to be the main headphone selling ones. When I bought my 5 pack of KZ cables from a normal electronics store they shipped next day. Rarely HCK has shipped quickly but both AK and the recently- renamed bad seller are all more or less a nightmare to deal with unless you don't mind waiting several weeks for your stuff to make it to the post office. And you'd think on an escrow system they'd be more motivated to get the stuff shipped?)

I was also angered once, but got over it soon. Look at my post on reddit several month ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/4m0t9o/fake_tracking_number/

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #13,522 of 75,470

I was also angered once, but got over it soon. Look at my post on reddit several month ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/4m0t9o/fake_tracking_number/

While I totally hear you - sure i'd begrudgingly accept it if this was like my first or second order with a value of maybe $10 or $20 tops.
But with the exception of Penon, who the first time I bought from them had it on its way to me within 24 hours, no seller will ever admit to me the tracking  # posted is fake.
and these are guys I've ordered DOZENS of times from and some more expensive orders too.
I simply made it clear I'm fed up with it and won't be giving them more business if it keeps up.
I plan to give HCK another shot once he replies to my long angry list of messages. If it happens one more again, goodbye Aliexpress headphone sellers, you should all know why you're not getting my business anymore.... because I told them exactly why!

What's more is these sellers not only know I've bought from them over and over again, and had to be like "so, you sent it yet?" after almost 2 weeks, and same thing happens every time. They know I write reviews and people here read them. So why they can't just bring my box to the PO without being asked, is beyond me, and frankly puts me off from buying more Ali buds ever.

That's not to say I never will again because of course I'll buy from Ali again. It's just this time all these sellers know I'm not screwing around and won't hesitate to leave some nasty feedback if I get this treatment again. That isn't too much to ask, is it, to have my stuff shipped before I ask them politely to 2 weeks after getting a fake number? (which isn't so much "fake" as it is "not scanned into the postal system yet". No matter what story any Ali seller has for you, when the package says "accepted", that's when they're standing inside the post office and physically handing over your box..

Phew..... end rant.

lel, no wonder that the TY 650 is cheaper on a certain seller

speaking of bad practices...

I thought the retail box was free for the first 50 purchasers. IMO i would mention none of the other 50 first buyers had to pay extra for their box. And if you're past #50, may you're getting someone else's box they chose not to pay extra for...

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #13,524 of 75,470
Is that common practice? I actually kind of like it, if it means I can save $5 and some material waste lol... Amazon has that "hassle free packaging" option where everything is in a plastic bag, but it doesn't reduce the price and it's unclear if they are just discarding the packaging to minimize shpment cost or if it's actually supplied to them without the packaging.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #13,525 of 75,470
  US $104.21 / piece Free Shipping
Orders (0)
SALE : US $78.16

doubt it

That order count won't count the Penon and other Ali sellers' sales. Last I checked there are at least 5 bought from Penon on Ali, and a few photographed in the wild in Asia - and then of course penon audio's website which isn't linked to Aliexpress... that said, it's still possible the first 50 aren't sold yet.

Then again that seller you linked has a 96.6% feedback rating, zero TY 650's sold, and other Ali sellers with higher ratings have actual units sold,  I've personally never heard or bought from Beteran hifi on Ali

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #13,526 of 75,470

That order count won't count the Penon and other Ali sellers' sales. Last I checked there are at least 5 bought from Penon on Ali, and a few photographed in the wild in Asia - and then of course penon audio's website which isn't linked to Aliexpress... that said, it's still possible the first 50 aren't sold yet.

Then again that seller you linked has a 96.6% feedback rating, zero TY 650's sold, and other Ali sellers with higher ratings have actual units sold,  I've personally never heard or bought from Beteran hifi on Ali

Oh, you meant 50 worldwide... I thought that it was 50 per seller.

regarding the seller, as long as I receive the products it's all fine by me. If I don't receive it/the product is damaged, I will just open a dispute

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #13,527 of 75,470
I asked HCK once after more than a month long shipment that is it possible to ship my next order via epacket as it way faster than ali Standard shipping & China post and he told me epacket can not ship to Australia. Since then I never order anything from him again as know it totally bullsh*t and I've received so many orders from VE and Penonaudio via epacket.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #13,528 of 75,470
I just ordered a bit ago from HCK both items via epacket. Tracking has gone live on USPS so the number seems real. Hopefully I'm good :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #13,529 of 75,470
@vapman

I had the same run around with the banned seller on the PT15, even tried cancelling it (as I paid $29) but to no avail. I just gave up in the end and hope that PT15 is worth the aggravation.

OTOH, in the same time period, I was having quite good delivery experiences with taobao sellers via my taobao agent. If it wasn't for the waiting for products from different sellers to combine into 1 parcel, I reckon each item should average less than 3 weeks in total delivery time. About 1 to 1.5 weeks to taobao agent's warehouse in Shanghai and another 1 to 1.5 weeks from Shanghai to my local collection point. For some reason, the taobao sellers do appear to work more efficiently locally than Ali sellers internationally, or perhaps agents get VIP treatments for being such big purchasers of everything on taobao. You should give it a try.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #13,530 of 75,470
  @vapman

I had the same run around with the banned seller on the PT15, even tried cancelling it (as I paid $29) but to no avail. I just gave up in the end and hope that PT15 is worth the aggravation.

OTOH, in the same time period, I was having quite good delivery experiences with taobao sellers via my taobao agent. If it wasn't for the waiting for products from different sellers to combine into 1 parcel, I reckon each item should average less than 3 weeks in total delivery time. About 1 to 1.5 weeks to taobao agent's warehouse in Shanghai and another 1 to 1.5 weeks from Shanghai to my local collection point. For some reason, the taobao sellers do appear to work more efficiently locally than Ali sellers internationally, or perhaps agents get VIP treatments for being such big purchasers of everything on taobao. You should give it a try.

Who do you use as agent? MisterTao?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back