Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 7, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #13,546 of 75,718
I think those who have Shozy BK(Stardust) and TY650 both. They don't need to buy any other earbuds :D
I am very happy these two, now i have no curiosity about K500/ Masya also. I think i can live with these two earbuds only...
Let see how long i stick to above comments :D

Posted 35 minutes ago. It must true love for you, @music4mhell, not look another earbud in such a long time.
:)

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #13,547 of 75,718
  I think those who have Shozy BK(Stardust) and TY650 both. They don't need to buy any other earbuds :D
I am very happy these two, now i have no curiosity about K500/ Masya also. I think i can live with these two earbuds only...

It will change within one week.  :wink:

I could say the same about Blox TM7 and Cypherus QFred. They work great together: the full and lush sound of TM7 and the first class soundstage and instrument separation of QFred.

The last few years I've been looking for something that can beat Blox TM7. With QFred I have found an equal that is almost as good and just different (TM7 wins because it works better with my favorite genre metal - QFred works great with more atmospheric music such as pop and classical).

Still I'll spend $450 on Cypherus QFred and CAX black edition this coming week. On my purchase list after that is TY HiZ HP650, K's 500 ohm, Shozy Stardust, Ostry KC08. Then VE Nirvana when it comes out. And the new Blox flagship if it's relased in the spring (I hope...). I might be leaving something out. There's just too many earbuds now and too little time and money. It's a drug that never lets you go...

Edit: I forgot Rose Masya. After selling Mojito I might check Masya out instead...

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #13,548 of 75,718

It will change within one week.  :wink:

I could say the same about Blox TM7 and Cypherus QFred. They work great together: the full and lush sound of TM7 and the first class soundstage and instrument separation of QFred.

The last few years I've been looking for something that can beat Blox TM7. With QFred I have found an equal that is almost as good and just different (TM7 wins because it works better with my favorite genre metal - QFred works great with more atmospheric music such as pop and classical).

Still I'll spend $450 on Cypherus QFred and CAX black edition this coming week. On my purchase list after that is TY HiZ HP650, K's 500 ohm, Shozy Stardust, Ostry KC08. Then VE Nirvana when it comes out. And the new Blox flagship if it's relased in the spring (I hope...). I might be leaving something out. There's just too many earbuds now and too little time and money. It's a drug that never lets you go...

Edit: I forgot Rose Masya. After selling Mojito I might check Masya out instead...

Thanks for your input. Right now i am happy with Shozy Stardust and TY650. So, may be i won't buy Qfred and Campfred for now. (May be next year)

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #13,549 of 75,718

Posted 35 minutes ago. It must true love for you, @music4mhell, not look another earbud in such a long time.
:)

After a long time i am happy with these earbuds. May be i am tuned to the sound signature of these... Forward intimate voals with nice touch of Lows and Highs and with good separation :)

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #13,550 of 75,718
  After a long time i am happy with these earbuds. May be i am tuned to the sound signature of these... Forward intimate voals with nice touch of Lows and Highs and with good separation :)

Can you write a brief description of these earbuds sound signature?
I am very interested in K's 500 and HP650, but don't know if it's worth to invest more for Masya/ Shozy BK

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #13,551 of 75,718

Can you write a brief description of these earbuds sound signature?
I am very interested in K's 500 and HP650, but don't know if it's worth to invest more for Masya/ Shozy BK

K500 & Masya will reach in few days.. then i will compare all 4, also Stardust and TY650 is still in burning phase. So i will take some more time.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #13,552 of 75,718
  Thanks for your input. Right now i am happy with Shozy Stardust and TY650. So, may be i won't buy Qfred and Campfred for now. (May be next year)

Sure. Remember that they are super limited. Probably less than 100 pairs of each were made (I think I read that each batch was around 20 pairs) and perhaps 3-4 batches were released). CampFred is already discontinued but Herry of cypherus has got a few drivers left and can custom make them if someone wants to buy a pair.
The only thing that keeps them from selling out is the high price and the lack of reviews in English. To me, QFred is the biggest earbud discovery in 4 years (since Blox TM7 in 2012).

CAX black edition is his top end earbud but it was never up for sale. Apparently it uses a cardas cable. Herry just wanted to make as good sounding an earbud as he could. He now has 3 pairs and will hold on to one for me (I have not dared to mention CAX black edition before since there are ony 3 pairs but since I'll order them later this week I guess it's okay now).

Cypherus might release a new earbud next year to replace QFred so that might be worth to check out.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #13,553 of 75,718

Sure. Remember that they are super limited. Probably less than 100 pairs. CampFred is already discontinued but Herry of cypherus has got a few drivers left and can custom make them if someone wants to buy a pair.
The only thing that keeps them from selling out is the high price and the lack of reviews in English. To me, QFred is the biggest earbud discovery in 4 years (since Blox TM7 in 2012).

CAX black edition is his top end earbud but it was never up for sale. Apparently it uses a cardas cable. Herry just wanted ot make as good sounding an earbud as he could. He now has 3 pairs and will hold on to one for me (I have not dared to mention CAX black editon before since there are ony 3 pairs but since I'll order them later this week I guess it's okay now).

Cypherus might release a new earbud next year to replace QFred so that might be worth to check out.

Yes, thanks. Also right now so many high end earbuds lying there. Let me enjoy each... :D
May be once you get TY650/Stardut, you will share your comparison with Qfred.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #13,555 of 75,718
I really really do not have the money, but $76 for TY HP650 on 11.11 is just to good to pass...

That's a great price. Wish i had gotten it for that much....

What other buds do you know that are similar in sound to QFred? I am really interested to try one but am hesitant to spend that much! The CAX sounds too good but I'd have a hard time going for a one-in-three model.

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #13,556 of 75,718
Guys, this might be somewhat out of topic, but how does one set their shipping address on AE? I just signed up for AE and I cant seem to find the option to set my shipping address.

And is paypal accepted? Or only debit and credit cards?

Thank-you 

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #13,557 of 75,718
  Guys, this might be somewhat out of topic, but how does one set their shipping address on AE? I just signed up for AE and I cant seem to find the option to set my shipping address.

And is paypal accepted? Or only debit and credit cards?

Thank-you 

Paypal is not accepted. You can set the adress right before paying. Alternatively you can alter or input it here (desktop ver) - https://ilogisticsaddress.aliexpress.com/addressList.htm 

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #13,558 of 75,718
1) I guess there are some K's 64 owners here?
How good is it? I have some cheapo-options already and wonder if is worth buying it. (TP16, QIAN 39, RX-1, Tomahawk, SHE3800, ATH-C770, Monk+)

2) Any news regarding Rose Technology 64ohm? 
Sound sig, price, availability, anything? :wink:

3) PT15 owners - are you here?
How's it?

4) Anyone has info on this manufacturer/DIYer? - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-LaoZe-DIY-3-5mm-In-Ear-Flat-Head-Plug-Earphone-Earplug-Bass-HIFI-Earphone/32756525581.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.MYIvDZ 

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #13,559 of 75,718
That's a great price. Wish i had gotten it for that much....

What other buds do you know that are similar in sound to QFred? I am really interested to try one but am hesitant to spend that much! The CAX sounds too good but I'd have a hard time going for a one-in-three model.

I made a promise to not buy anything for a while since I will spend so much on CampFred and CAX black editon. Well, I am selling a lot of stuff to finace that. Just sold my pair of Rose Mojito to @springbay

But I really liked your review of HP650 and the sale price is just too good.

The thing about QFred is that I have never heard anything in earbuds that is similar to them. Perhaps AKG K319 can be a very distant, but still relatively close comparison? A thinner sort of sound. Great depth in the soundstage. First class instrument separation. It doesn't work well with more "meaty" music such as metal. Such music requires more "oomph" in the bass department and an overall more beefy sound. Bass is not bad on QFred, it's just that it's more quality than quantity.
If you listen to well produced Jpop QFred might fit like hand in glove. For bassy dance music it might not work at all (I have not tried that sort of music though). CampFred might work better with metal and more bassy dance music than QFred. I'll see when I have bought that...

Overall I prefer generalist or jack of all trades earbuds such as Blox TM7 or Sennheiser MX980/985. QFred is very special, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back