Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #11,671 of 75,470
Well, both the TP16 & Hi-Z 32 can handle a bit of bass boost, although I personally never try to take it as far as @vapman aims for, so I can't say just how far they can go.  I'll leave that up to the true basshead among us.  The TP16 at the point I boosted to retained the more detailed presentation of the two, where the Hi-Z 32 pushed the bass harder and had the more fun presentation.  I'd say from initial impressions for just having had them a day or so, the two would compliment each other decently, but if I had to pick one, the TP16 so far feels more talented with vocals & instrumental/orchestral plus handles the bass boost well enough that it can be decent with bass-centric music.  Either way, they're both really solid for the price so far.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #11,672 of 75,470

There was originally another option to request for custom termination. It isn't there anymore.

somewhere I've seen the third option, but it was greyed out. Hopefully only currently sold out.

and still wondering what "欢迎热爱音乐的朋友加入 高阻耳机群 16758178(进群有优惠)" means (I've Google Translated it, but I mean the what it really means - which group?)

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #11,673 of 75,470
  somewhere I've seen the third option, but it was greyed out. Hopefully only currently sold out.

and still wondering what "欢迎热爱音乐的朋友加入 高阻耳机群 16758178(进群有优惠)" means (I've Google Translated it, but I mean the what it really means - which group?)

It means a discussion group hosted on QQ (*Chinese largest messaging service).

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #11,674 of 75,470
does anyone else have the feeling that the iphone 6s can't drive monk+ by itself?

last night at home, (quiet environment) was listening to my iphone with cygnus and tried monk+ with a song, although they (monk+) didn't seem to have less volume, it did seem like something was missing, maybe it lacked power, since the monk plus is 64ohm

or maybe this is the real difference between them?

it almost seems like the cygus sound better with the iphone 6s than my pc/amp combo, but its probably because of the lower impedance of the cygnus

edit* just saw @ClieOS
 got the mx375's

for a while wanted to know how they are (especially after buying and liking the mx170)

I have an iPhone 6S as well and I while I liked the Monk Plus out of that device, I too felt like something was missing. I got a 1st gen iPod Shuffle a few months ago and while I don't know the power rating of that device, it seemed to drive the Monk Plus much better... Like the sound opened up a bit where it felt congested.

Yesterday at RMAF we got to listen to Candy Monk. I plugged my Dad's Dragonfly Black to my iPhone 6S via CCK and gave the Candies a listen and it was phenomenal. My Dad mentioned that he never remembered the Monk Plus sounding like THAT, as if it was a completely different driver. Whether the sonic difference was due to the Candy's cable, the power of the DF Black, or both I don't know. But I am on the train that Monk Plus needs more than iPhone 6S can provide.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #11,675 of 75,470
does anyone else have the feeling that the iphone 6s can't drive monk+ by itself?

last night at home, (quiet environment) was listening to my iphone with cygnus and tried monk+ with a song, although they (monk+) didn't seem to have less volume, it did seem like something was missing, maybe it lacked power, since the monk plus is 64ohm

or maybe this is the real difference between them?

it almost seems like the cygus sound better with the iphone 6s than my pc/amp combo, but its probably because of the lower impedance of the cygnus

edit* just saw @ClieOS
 got the mx375's

for a while wanted to know how they are (especially after buying and liking the mx170)

I have an iPhone 6S as well and I while I liked the Monk Plus out of that device, I too felt like something was missing. I got a 1st gen iPod Shuffle a few months ago and while I don't know the power rating of that device, it seemed to drive the Monk Plus much better... Like the sound opened up a bit where it felt congested.

Yesterday at RMAF we got to listen to Candy Monk. I plugged my Dad's Dragonfly Black to my iPhone 6S via CCK and gave the Candies a listen and it was phenomenal. My Dad mentioned that he never remembered the Monk Plus sounding like THAT, as if it was a completely different driver. Whether the sonic difference was due to the Candy's cable, the power of the DF Black, or both I don't know. But I am on the train that Monk Plus needs more than iPhone 6S can provide.
wow such a great family..

what's ur gear and whats ur dad's ?

m asking just out of curiosity...

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #11,676 of 75,470
wow such a great family..

what's ur gear and whats ur dad's ?

m asking just out of curiosity...

My Dad and I both have original Monk, Monk Plus (he has Darth Monk), and I just got two Candies, one for me and one for him during the last sale. We both have 1st gen shuffles too lol. He has Koss Portapro and I have KSC75 on a headband. The DF Black is his. He's a big 2 channel home stereo guy and we've each got our own setups there haha.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #11,677 of 75,470
@ClieOS I forgot to ask, who did the recabling on your Sony HPM 62? Like I said I've had three or four lying in a drawer for months, I will do one or two recables by myself but I'm interested to know as I'd like to get one done by someone more experienced in that department to compare to my own work.

I also thought to send one to De"Mun but need to hear back from them on where to send it
wink.gif
and i'd want to get another set to leave with mr kandela...

BTW I didn't know the fancy case was limited to the first 50 TY 650's. Nice to know - it really is a nice case - so I'm sorry for all the buyers after that who will get the plain white box!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #11,678 of 75,470
I have to say TY 400s (warmish) and Chord Hugo (analytical) are a match made in heaven 
basshead.gif

As a dap, Lotoo Paw Gold can drive it very well on high gain, almost at max volume.

At last but not least, TY 32 2.0 pairs very well straight to the new Sony Walkman WM1Z 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It shines!

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #11,679 of 75,470
Originally Posted by Fabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At last but not least, TY 32 2.0 pairs very well straight to the new Sony Walkman WM1Z 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It shines!

Those TY 32s are much bigger than mine!
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #11,681 of 75,470
  I have to say TY 400s (warmish) and Chord Hugo (analytical) are a match made in heaven 
basshead.gif

As a dap, Lotoo Paw Gold can drive it very well on high gain, almost at max volume.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It shines!

What is the Amp and headphones just out of curiosity?

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #11,682 of 75,470
I received the SHE3800 from Fastech - "Neckstrap Verison." 
I can't get a good connection using with my LG V10 and also tried with an LG G4 - same result. Once inserted it plays from the phone's speaker until I jiggle it, then sound goes in and out. One of my MP's had a problem -bad connection at jack but as someone suggested here, I wiped it down the MP's 3.5mm jack and it works 100%. 

It works using the Y splitter (use for a-b testing earbuds). This is the SH3800 with the MP:

I have literally 2 dozen IEMs, earbuds, headphones in total, and only a problem is with SHE3800 and a random KZ that had a bad connection at times. As mentioned with the splitter above it's fine. I think this is a good excuse to try recabling at some point!

The sound is good - not as good as the MP. The high end has less clarity, bass less tight, but need to test some more. I'm not a believer in burn in, but I will burn this in. 
Other than that the cable is much nicer on the MP in comparision. I only bought a single SHE3800 so not sure if I got a bad one.
Anyone else have an issue with SHE3800 and smart phone?

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #11,684 of 75,470
  I can't get a good connection using with my LG V10 and also tried with an LG G4 - same result. Once inserted it plays from the phone's speaker until I jiggle it, then sound goes in and out. One of my MP's had a problem -bad connection at jack but as someone suggested here, I wiped it down the MP's 3.5mm jack and it works 100%. 

Spray a bit of contact cleaner into the jack. That should help.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #11,685 of 75,470
I received the SHE3800 from Fastech - "Neckstrap Verison." 

It works using the Y splitter (use for a-b testing earbuds). This is the SH3800 with the MP:

I have literally 2 dozen IEMs, earbuds, headphones in total, and only a problem is with SHE3800 and a random KZ that had a bad connection at times. As mentioned with the splitter above it's fine. I think this is a good excuse to try recabling at some point!

The sound is good - not as good as the MP. The high end has less clarity, bass less tight, but need to test some more. I'm not a believer in burn in, but I will burn this in. 
Other than that the cable is much nicer on the MP in comparision. I only bought a single SHE3800 so not sure if I got a bad one.

Burn in will help them. I wasn't impressed out of the box but after 11-12 hours continuous burn in they sounded more clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back