Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #11,701 of 75,716

Awesome stuff. Really excited to hear your thoughts on it. Might inspire me to finally do mine up
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, since you did it already, is the left or right solder point on the drivers the + side?

On the driver itself, the soldering point with the red dot is hot, the other one is ground.

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #11,703 of 75,716
About 40-50 hours of constant playback at medium to medium loud volumes on my TY 650. It continues to open up more and more. Going to recommend all who own it listen to it right away, but don't make any final judgements until probably closer to 100ish hours! I'm listening to songs I listened to first day with these buds and it just sounds 10 times better in every way. Really is opening up a lot, soundstage and imaging getting massively improved. Definitely needs a decent volume for the burn in to work best as I suspect these drivers are rather stiff OOTB and do enjoy getting the workout of about a hundred hours' use to loosen up.

Anyway, will hold off on actual reviews until I have about 160 hours on it, will still be happy to answer questions about it.

P.S. starting work on my HPM 62 thanks to mr ClieOS!!!

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #11,704 of 75,716
  About 40-50 hours of constant playback at medium to medium loud volumes on my TY 650. It continues to open up more and more. Going to recommend all who own it listen to it right away, but don't make any final judgements until probably closer to 100ish hours! I'm listening to songs I listened to first day with these buds and it just sounds 10 times better in every way.
Anyway, will hold off on actual reviews until I have about 160 hours on it, will still be happy to answer questions about it.

If it's like TY32, the biggest changes occurred between 50 hours to 100 for my TY32. It was still changing from 100 to 150 hours, but by smaller amounts. After that, I just started using it.

IMO, I think by end of day 3 (70 to 80hours), it should sound good enough to start using, even though it will still be changing. That's for TY32, not sure if it will be the same for TY650.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #11,705 of 75,716
If it's like TY32, the biggest changes occurred between 50 hours to 100 for my TY32. It was still changing from 100 to 150 hours, but by smaller amounts. After that, I just started using it.

IMO, I think by end of day 3 (70 to 80hours), it should sound good enough to start using, even though it will still be changing. That's for TY32, not sure if it will be the same for TY650.

I would honestly consider them to be equal amounts of burn in time!

I have to stress how weird i think it is that so many people agree these are burn in dependent and change so much over time. I cant possibly count how many of all kinds of headphones I have owned and i can count the ones that have changed significantly with burn in on one hand.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #11,706 of 75,716

Currently listening to them, as now i find its more relaxing with no rubber ring / foam / double combo foam

waiting for the nx3 and i wont buy any equipment until next 4 months , 

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #11,707 of 75,716
Not only earbuds or headphones but IEMs like PFE112 does burn in even though some people say BAs don't burn in. :wink: I'm huge believer of burn in after I received my SHE3800. They greatly improved after 20 hours of burn in period and still changing.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #11,708 of 75,716
Not only earbuds or headphones but IEMs like PFE112 does burn in even though some people say BAs don't burn in.
wink.gif
I'm huge believer of burn in after I received my SHE3800. They greatly improved after 20 hours of burn in period and still changing.

I think generally earbuds stabilze at around 2 full days of burn-in. But less-capable earbuds can get to their best in minutes/hours. TY Hi-Z 32 was my first earbud that needed such long burn-in. I hate burning-in earphones, always gets me worried whenever it sounds like crap in the beginning.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #11,710 of 75,716
  Sorry for asking, are you referring to ear bud to be settle down in the ear or the ear bud itself needs burn in. I believe IEM or headphones needs burn in and also amps.

I was referring to earbuds needed burning in.
As for burning-in of anything else that has no moving parts; I prefer to stay out of that discussion.

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #11,715 of 75,716
No worries.

Hey! Another old member with little post count, like myself.
Old headfier never die, we just don't type much
:)

Yeah, I'm one of them too, and these Sony buds are as old as my subscription and still my favorite, V- shaped rockers with great bass.
Monk+ are great for extracting detail at low listening levels when situational awareness is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back