Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #11,656 of 75,472
Well I have O2 amp. Hope it match well. I love my ty 32 too.

I mostly use my IEMs/earbuds with smartphones, so I have kept their power requirement quite low. Have Hidizs AP60 arriving soon, which should have a slightly better output than smartphones, so am thinking of going up to a beefier earbud. TY150 should be fine with AP60, and maybe even smartphones.

Let me know about TY320M, if that is usable with what I have (probably with AP60 but not smartphones) I might go for HP320M/HP320 instead of TY150.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #11,658 of 75,472
  Yup seems like @haiku found a gem. No balanced players, anyone knows if non-balanced K's 500 is as good? I guess that'll have to happen when I buy stuff from Taobao next. though I could just use a VE balanced -> unbalanced adapter.
... I am happy to see Edimun V3 is a contender, and I am REALLY curious to hear what @ClieOS thinks of the recabled Sony Ericsson HPM 62! I bought three of them a few months ago and I have been too lazy to recable them...

My source (or amp, if I use them) are more than powerful enough to handle K's 500ohm, balanced or not. Besides, balanced driven or not doesn't really change it much, if at all. The word 'balanced' in the list is more to denote how the earbuds is terminated rather than how the earbuds is driven.

I can sort of understand how a cellphone user of old time will find HPM-62 to be quite a good sounding headset - because it is, especially if you compared to headset of its era. But as far as comparing it to today's earbuds, I won't go nearly as far to say it is the only earbud you will ever need.

It´s understandable that he chose the balanced version, because make no mistake, unbalanced the K´s are a difficult load to drive. That was one of the reasons why I´ve decided to go from my X7/AM2 to AK300 Dap/380 Amp. Even with this combo I have to use the high gain mode to get them rocking....

I didn't pick up the balanced version of K's 500ohm because I thought it will be difficult to drive, since my source is more than enough to handle even full sized high impedance headphone in single ended configuration. I only pick up the balanced version because I know if I pick up the unbalanced version, I'll always wonder if there is a difference (vs. balanced) or not. But if I picked the balanced version, I can use it with a balanced-to-unbalanced adapter and compare the two.

edit* just saw @ClieOS got the mx375's

for a while wanted to know how they are (especially after buying and liking the mx170)

First impression on MX375 is a big thumb up..

Wow. Another limited earbud? Seen the picture, more interesting :

HP-650 is not a limited edition - but the first 50 who ordered get a limited edition hard case.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #11,659 of 75,472
Just getting my initial listening in with the TP16, seems like it's quite talented at instrumental/orchestral music so far.  Vocals are decent, but not stellar, and by no means lacking.  Bass feels neutral, so I won't try any Trip Hop with these, at least not without trying it on a bass-centric setup.  I was kind of hoping for the green foams shown in the Penon picture, but alas no green for me.  I will say I tend to prefer more musical/fun presentations, but I can really appreciated a talented detailed earbud like the Mojito, so no concerns with me writing the TP16 off just because of my taste.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #11,660 of 75,472
Just getting my initial listening in with the TP16, seems like it's quite talented at instrumental/orchestral music so far.  Vocals are decent, but not stellar, and by no means lacking.  Bass feels neutral, so I won't try any Trip Hop with these, at least not without trying it on a bass-centric setup.  I was kind of hoping for the green foams shown in the Penon picture, but alas no green for me.  I will say I tend to prefer more musical/fun presentations, but I can really appreciated a talented detailed earbud like the Mojito, so no concerns with me writing the TP16 off just because of my taste.
Are you listening to it foamless?

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #11,663 of 75,472
Is the balanced K's 500 ohm bud version currently sold out? I can only see the regular version

..and in the description there is a "group" mentioned and a "group discount". Does anyone have more infos?

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #11,667 of 75,472
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #11,670 of 75,472
  Is the balanced K's 500 ohm bud version currently sold out? I can only see the regular version

..and in the description there is a "group" mentioned and a "group discount". Does anyone have more infos?

There was originally another option to request for custom termination. It isn't there anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back