Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #18,481 of 75,424
I'll vouch for them, they have a really good service. Fast and easy. I received my first order in about 2 1/2 weeks, just made a second order a day ago.

Reason I chose taobaoring in the first place was because mistertao wouldn't allow to search for items related to sennheiser, sony, philips, etc.

Hmmm I wonder how much their claimed reason has valdity? wouldnt other taobao proxies be closing shop if there was a law outlawing that kind of export?

who knows. i could see no other taobao proxy saying they will shut down

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #18,484 of 75,424
  From mistertao.com

Dear valued customers:
We regret to announce that, due to new Chinese government policies on international trade, MisterTao will cease to operate on March 31st.
This sounds ominous!

This sounds really weird and terrible... I wonder what this will do to the Chifi market around the world? Is MisterTao doing some bad things?

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #18,485 of 75,424
Hah, my Philips she3800 arrived!

So it's been said thousand times already so I just confirmed this again:

- Monk+: bright, clean, airy, exceptional with vocal 

- Philips SHE3800: significantly more bassy, warm, and but somewhat congested IMO (maybe because it fits my ears better, kindf of reminding me of the feeling I have wearing my Panasonic RP-HJE120)

Overall, great purchase, thanks guys so much for recommending :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #18,486 of 75,424
  Hah, my Philips she3800 arrived!

So it's been said thousand times already so I just confirmed this again:

- Monk+: bright, clean, airy, exceptional with vocal 

- Philips SHE3800: significantly more bassy, warm, and but somewhat congested IMO (maybe because it fits my ears better, kindf of reminding me of the feeling I have wearing my Panasonic RP-HJE120)

Overall, great purchase, thanks guys so much for recommending :)

Man... im confused how people find the monk+ bright and clean. Ears are crazy things thats for sure :)

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #18,487 of 75,424
Man... im confused how people find the monk+ bright and clean. Ears are crazy things thats for sure :)

to me the monk plus is mid centric, soft treble, and thin bass (unless pushed deep in ears and hold it there). but it has good staging, and for reverb

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #18,489 of 75,424
to me the monk plus is mid centric, soft treble, and thin bass (unless pushed deep in ears and hold it there). but it has good staging, and for reverb

Clean? I'm not sure. But bright, yes. I also find the overall sound of monk+ to be thin in every aspect, not only bass. But that what gives monk+ kind of airy feel and feel less congested than, say h180 or she3800, i guess.

I didnt find it clean at all really.. quite a dark sound. Mid centric, rolled off highs and a boring type of one note bass thump. Your right about pushing them in... i used to have to force them in quite a lot to sound reasonable.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #18,490 of 75,424
Clean? I'm not sure. But bright, yes. I also find the overall sound of monk+ to be thin in every aspect, not only bass. But that what gives monk+ kind of airy feel and feel less congested than, say h180 or she3800, i guess.

Sorry, for my peasant ears haven't heard anything "cleaner" than Monk+...

Well, except for my mid-fi IEM, but obviously we can't do comparison like that.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #18,491 of 75,424

Hows the cable? and The Sound Stage Compare to the Monk+ ?

Thanks

I'd definitely like your impressions as well :) I have been waiting to get my first nice pair of earbuds in the ~70$ range, so I have been curious about the b320 vs de'muns or edimun.

Short answer, if you are shopping in the $70 range, you should get B320, unless
  • You have a weak power source (I have enough power)
  • You don't like eerie vocal presentation in the ghostly spine-tingling kind of way (I am cool with it)

It's sensitive enough at 108 dB / mW but you will find that with very weak sources there is kind of a channel imbalance. It can be solved by turning up the volume on very weak sources. Would not get this for a DAP with a sub 200mW @32ohms amp, at least. It EQ's very well too. Actually, it's a little too bright for me on Walnut without EQ. With EQ, it is excellent. Detail is Mojito level but the presentation is unusual so once you acclimate to it, the de'muns or edimun simply cannot compete.

All you need is a powerful enough source. No amp. I have found it actually doesn't really react to amp at all. It was better directly off my phone or any of my DAP. Adding an amp just made it sound less defined, surprisingly. One of the rare buds that sounds better off my sound card's headphone out than line out into an amp.

In comparison to B320, Edimun sounds too exaggerated V shaped to be able to enjoy, and Red Demun is still good but sounds very flat and restricted on frequency range in the same way the RX-1 is.

I am kind of treble sensitive so i have to EQ down the high treble, but once I do, the sound is pretty killer. The detail is spooky how good it is. To get an idea of the tuning, read about STAX Lambda Pro. There's no competition to Monk+, Monk+ sounds like it belongs in its price range compared to this... :wink:

B320 cable is very nice. I may reterminate mine with a nicer 3.5mm plug, we'll see.

If you have asura 2.0, B320 is the opposite of it, B320 seems to have no bass and all the missing mids/highs presence in comparison.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #18,492 of 75,424
Hi, I'm a long time lurker and I've just joined today.

And firstly I want to say thank you to all you guys here really useful informations and reviews.

I'm ex-IEMs lover but due to this thread now I'm addicted to earbuds here are the list of some earbuds in my collection.

Rose Mojito
Rose Masya (original)
Rose Masya (new version)
MM Ting all metal
MM Tomahawk
MM TP16
VE MP
VE Zen 2
And many other

Just got Rose Masya yesterday and already fall in love with it especially after equip with Hiegi foam.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #18,494 of 75,424
But I really want to warn all of those who interesting in Rose Masya.

Now it come in 2 different version old one and latest one and it have a different sound signature and quality.

URL=http://imgbox.com/BjiZa5oo]
BjiZa5oo.jpg
[/URL]

Today I just have a chance to AB testing them here are my quick impression.

New version seem a bit more refine in term of physical appearance.

In term of overall build quality new version look more solid and more refined cosmetically, newer one look more like final product while the original one look more like phototype.

When come down to sound quality you can tell the difference immediately right after you put them in your ears.

After spend many hours AB testing them I found the new version sound more bright and really focus on treble/higer mid with noticeable lack mid/low sound lack of body compare to the original.

I found it doesn't sound like original Masya anymore it's like something between Masya / Mojito (in term of tonality not quality-wise).

Something like if the Mojito is for instruments, soundstage and clinical accuracy sound. And original Masya is for Vocal the new one is stand in the middle but not excel in any.

Final conclusion: I like older version much more than the newer one.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #18,495 of 75,424
Hey, how would you compare your earbuds to iem's generally speaking?

When I'm not out I can say most of my earbuds give me better music experience.

Not that they're sound better than an IEM's technically (actually high-end earbuds do not sound as accurate as high-end IEM's IMO) but I love how relax/airly feeling they give me as well as the way they sound(hard to explain).

In generally in my opinion and accord to my taste.

High-end IEM's: Deadly accurate sound and too perfect sounding make me hard to enjoy them since it's like I'm a musicians themselves make me stressed.

High-end earbuds: kinda high accurate but still not sound too perfect and give me feeling of an audience instead of musicians give me some kind of relax and enjoyable music experience.

Right now I'm only use my IEM's while I'm in noisy places only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back