DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 31, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #13,606 of 14,084

I am glad to read that you got it to work. A full format was required. I will pass this on to our software team. Thank you.

Paul.
Lurker0's post inspired me to look and see what FW I am using. 2.4.0
Not sure that makes any difference to the SW team, but there it is.

Cheers

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #13,607 of 14,084
When I bought a new 128go micro sd card, I had fade-out/cut-off/fade-in issues during playback. Never had any issues before.

I guess I found my way not to have these issues on my dap.
Before that I have tried rkbatchtools, factory reset, formatting card, etc. No success.

Now after each firmware update or media update, I do a manual wiping data by turning on the device in recovery mode (hold vol + and Power buttons).
Then I insert the micro sd to rescan library in settings and play!
I have 1 or 2 cut-offs on the firsts tracks played and then no more issues.
But now every time I turn the dap on, I have to insert the card and rescan library before playing music.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #13,608 of 14,084
It will be another new FW from ibasso that supports iso file coming out..
I'm pretty happy with Lurker 2.2, flawless, never do any update!
Reading posts reporting on bugs even on latest 2.4 make me holding back on moving ahead, though I would be really glad that its support of dff, and now ISO....

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #13,609 of 14,084
It will be another new FW from ibasso that supports iso file coming out.

Have you got this information directly from iBasso? SACD ISO is what I really miss with DX80...

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #13,610 of 14,084
  When I bought a new 128go micro sd card, I had fade-out/cut-off/fade-in issues during playback. Never had any issues before.

I guess I found my way not to have these issues on my dap.
Before that I have tried rkbatchtools, factory reset, formatting card, etc. No success.

Now after each firmware update or media update, I do a manual wiping data by turning on the device in recovery mode (hold vol + and Power buttons).
Then I insert the micro sd to rescan library in settings and play!
I have 1 or 2 cut-offs on the firsts tracks played and then no more issues.
But now every time I turn the dap on, I have to insert the card and rescan library before playing music.

Have you checked the card? Also did you do a full format of the card not the quick format? Some have found this to help.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #13,611 of 14,084

Have you checked the card? Also did you do a full format of the card not the quick format? Some have found this to help.

When I received the card, I did a verification test of the card that took a couple of hours. No problem found.
I tried the card with Xduoo X3, no problem.

Only issues with DX90. I did a full format in Fat32 and also in Exfat, still cut-off issues with my dap.
Well, it doesn't matter now because I can enjoy the player like before. 
wink_face.gif

It's just that I have to rescan library during 5 mins before playing and do a manual wiping data when updating firmware or media.
Maybe the issue is my card with the DX90, I don't know. I won't buy another card to try.

To be precise, I had fade-out/cut-off/fade-in issues during playback, sometimes 3 or 4 or more during one song played. 
eek.gif

After doing this trick, I have now 1 or 2 cut-offs at the beginning and then no issues. It has improved hahaha.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #13,612 of 14,084
Have you got this information directly from iBasso? SACD ISO is what I really miss with DX80...
It's ibasso's announcement at their baidu tieba, on an upcoming dx90 fw update. But no details on if it will play it like dsf,dff at pcm 24/88.2.
BTW Lurker, its the new fw (2.4) stable, still with bugs? I don't want to mess up with my already very happy LO2.2.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #13,613 of 14,084
It's ibasso's announcement at their baidu tieba, on an upcoming dx90 fw update. But no details on if it will play it like dsf,dff at pcm 24/88.2.
BTW Lurker, its the new fw (2.4) stable, still with bugs? I don't want to mess up with my already very happy LO2.2.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think dsf and dff is already supported. Not sure from which version on though, and playback is painful and choppy.

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #13,615 of 14,084
After a couple of months of inactivity,i listened to dx90 again with the 2.4 fw and this is by far the best sound i heard from the dap.The soundstage is noticeably more expanded and 3d,the tonality is just right,still neutral but more engaging than before,the treble is fantastic with none of the glariness of earlier fws and now a very good match with the se846.I say that because i could not stand the synergy of dx90 and se846 with none of the fw before it sounded thin and unengaging not so anymore.The treble is more thick and natural but the soundstage and imaging,i had a wow moment and i'm coming from daps with noticeably bigger soundstage than dx90.

Big thumps up to ibasso team for making the best value mid dap out there and keep improving.Some bugs are still present though like sometimes when i exit and go back to the song  it displays  the initial play time when it is at 3/4 or ending in real time.Hopefully it will be a good match with mojo which i ordered and the supplied coax cable is compatible without the need of additional cables.Cheers 
smile.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #13,616 of 14,084
  After a couple of months of inactivity,i listened to dx90 again with the 2.4 fw and this is by far the best sound i heard from the dap.The soundstage is noticeably more expanded and 3d,the tonality is just right,still neutral but more engaging than before,the treble is fantastic with none of the glariness of earlier fws and now a very good match with the se846.I say that because i could not stand the synergy of dx90 and se846 with none of the fw before it sounded thin and unengaging not so anymore.The treble is more thick and natural but the soundstage and imaging,i had a wow moment and i'm coming from daps with noticeably bigger soundstage than dx90.

Big thumps up to ibasso team for making the best value mid dap out there and keep improving.Some bugs are still present though like sometimes when i exit and go back to the song  it displays  the initial play time when it is at 3/4 or ending in real time.Hopefully it will be a good match with mojo which i ordered and the supplied coax cable is compatible without the need of additional cables.Cheers 
smile.gif

Hmmm...I wish I had tried that 2.4 fw before I sold my DX90 last week...
Now I'm getting curious all over again
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #13,617 of 14,084
  Hopefully it will be a good match with mojo which i ordered and the supplied coax cable is compatible without the need of additional cables.Cheers 
smile.gif

I think you will need an adopter because the supplied cable is 3,5mm + RCA male, not 2 x 3,5mm. but getting that adopter (RCA female with 3,5mm mono jack) is pretty easy and its cheap.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #13,618 of 14,084
Hmmm...I wish I had tried that 2.4 fw before I sold my DX90 last week...
Now I'm getting curious all over again :wink:

It's a shame.. You should have tried Lurker's 2.4.0L1 firmware with ultimate cleanup :laughing:
Btw, I have to try his 2.1.5L4 firmware.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #13,619 of 14,084
Hopefully it will be a good match with mojo which i ordered and the supplied coax cable is compatible without the need of additional cables.Cheers :smile:

Well, if you're using mojo, you won't be using the dx90 dac.
Anyway I used the stock coax cable with adapter to connect dx90 and mojo, works great. I also used a custom 3.5mm to 3.5mm which also works great (similar sound with stockcable) but some people said it would cause some effect that I haven't experience.
But I used traluscent's 3.5mm cable it sounds different. To put it simply the bass amount was decreased. Not sure why

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #13,620 of 14,084
Small wish to iBasso.

Please, add some logic into volume control between headphones output and line-out (like from FiiO X daps).
For example. On the street I listen earphones from headphone output with 150 volume. At home/work I connect an amplifier to line-out for big headphones with 255 volume.
And every time I should increase/decrease volume level for each output. Btw it's slow operation. And one day I may forget it and start listening earphones on max volume.

Could you add some smart control or another features for subj?

_
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back