DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 27, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #13,591 of 14,084
What files are on the SD card, for a log time now, will play.  It is only a little over 1/2 full.  What files were added since I got a new computer will not read, will not play.
I have scanned the files and it says nothing is wrong  with them.  When I try to add them again,  nothing doing,   They will not be read.
Any suggestions?
Do I need to reformat the SD card, it was working great?
Do I need SDXC formatter?
Thanks for any help, 
God Bless, Wayne

May 27, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #13,592 of 14,084
Did you try Rescan Library in Settings?
If that doesn't work, try Factory Reset, then Rescan Library.

Edit: Just saw your multiple earlier attempts. Sorry.
Perhaps delete the .audio_data file? It will force the dx90 to re make a new one. Also, what SD Card are you using?

Cheers.

May 27, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #13,593 of 14,084
Thanks Atoniolin,
I have a Scandisk 128.  It has been working great.  They have been working great, as I have 2.
The only files I have trouble with are those I have added recently since my laptop crashed and I replaced it with a Pipo, small TV computer which runs on a SD card itself.

May 27, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #13,594 of 14,084
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with fixing it!

There has been a lot of talk about the Chord Mojo lately. Has anyone tried it? I have the DX 90 and wonder if Mojo would be an upgrade or unnecessary? Consider that I usually listen to the latest pop music which is at 16-bit/44.1kHz, and not much DNR.

I plan to use them with Ety ER4S or AK T8IE.
Cheers, Shu.

May 27, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #13,595 of 14,084
  Sorry to hear that. Good luck with fixing it!

There has been a lot of talk about the Chord Mojo lately. Has anyone tried it? I have the DX 90 and wonder if Mojo would be an upgrade or unnecessary? Consider that I usually listen to the latest pop music which is at 16-bit/44.1kHz, and not much DNR.

I plan to use them with Ety ER4S or AK T8IE.
Cheers, Shu.

depends on your IEM
for mine, Fidue A83 and Noble Savant.
straight from DX90, the A83 sounds better than Savant, but from Mojo the savant shows why it cost $599.
A83 with mojo is a no go, too harsh if i could say
savant with dx90 sounds like everything is dampen and veiled. it makes savant sounds like a $100 IEM In my opinion

for ER4S which sounds like Noble 4 (analytical with little bass)CMIIW
mojo will make it shine, but the treble maybe will become harsh

May 30, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #13,596 of 14,084
All.

I have been trying several different types of SD cards. (I have not tried a 200GB, but that's going to happen soon).
I also have not tried the new Lexar 1800x cards, but based on what's happened with this one, I may not...

I was running into some odd errors lately... like random play just stopping. It goes to the next song, and immediately shows it being fully played on the time bar... then just stops. I resume play, but it does it again after 5 or 6 songs.

So I thought I'd get a really fast card to see if that helped.

This card is amazing in the computers. Writes up to 60MB/s and the Read actually exceeds the 150MB/s claim... to nearly 160 at times (USB3 w/ included Lexar adapter). Used, formatted and used again in the computer with no issues (yes, it gets very hot).

But in the DX-90 it won't scan (crashes) and won't play. Starts a song and then crashes. I'll look in the directory and it will be blank... no songs! I reboot, and the songs are back, but will not play.

I've done a factory reset twice, with and without the card in it... have tried all kinds of things, and no-go. It will not work.

Anyone else have this issue, or have some thoughts about it?

Thanks

May 30, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #13,597 of 14,084

This card is amazing in the computers. Writes up to 60MB/s and the Read actually exceeds the 150MB/s claim... to nearly 160 at times (USB3 w/ included Lexar adapter). Used, formatted and used again in the computer with no issues (yes, it gets very hot).

dude this is a freaking SERIOUS micro sd card!!! It's 200 dollars on Amazon ...

May 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #13,599 of 14,084
  All.

I have been trying several different types of SD cards. (I have not tried a 200GB, but that's going to happen soon).
I also have not tried the new Lexar 1800x cards, but based on what's happened with this one, I may not...

I was running into some odd errors lately... like random play just stopping. It goes to the next song, and immediately shows it being fully played on the time bar... then just stops. I resume play, but it does it again after 5 or 6 songs.

But in the DX-90 it won't scan (crashes) and won't play. Starts a song and then crashes. I'll look in the directory and it will be blank... no songs! I reboot, and the songs are back, but will not play.

I've done a factory reset twice, with and without the card in it... have tried all kinds of things, and no-go. It will not work.

Anyone else have this issue, or have some thoughts about it?

Thanks

Out of curiosity, have you tried to format the card to FAT? 

May 30, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #13,601 of 14,084
  Out of curiosity, have you tried to format the card to FAT? 

Well, Sir...

I formatted it to exfat, but always a quick format. So, since everything else seemed to fail, I decided to take the time (a loooong time), and do a full format... also in exfat.

That did the trick!! It scans the card fully (about 7 mins) and plays flawlessly.

Whew!!

When the price is halved, looks like I'll buy one of the 1800x cards.

cheers!

May 31, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #13,602 of 14,084
  it would be nice to have this cleanup version for older fw, like for example for 2.1.5 maybe? 
wink.gif

You've asked, and I've found some time to make it. All in all, 2.1.5L2&L3 have the most downloads from all the DX90 firmware mods. Here they are with the ultimate cleanup:
I wonder how many fans of 2.1.5 are still over there!

May 31, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #13,604 of 14,084

Well, Sir...

I formatted it to exfat, but always a quick format. So, since everything else seemed to fail, I decided to take the time (a loooong time), and do a full format... also in exfat.

That did the trick!! It scans the card fully (about 7 mins) and plays flawlessly.

Whew!!

When the price is halved, looks like I'll buy one of the 1800x cards.

cheers!

I am glad to read that you got it to work. A full format was required. I will pass this on to our software team. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back