DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 22, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #13,577 of 14,084
So on grado 325is slow roll off would in theory be better? I just really can't hear the difference up that high on the scale

would depend on the freq. response of the headphones and your ears ability to track the high frequencies. but all in all the higher attenuation filter should get the highs tamed a bit then the other one, though its a different story if you could perceive the change as its a few dB at 15-18k range. i do feel the difference and i prefer the slow roll off

May 22, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #13,578 of 14,084
would depend on the freq. response of the headphones and your ears ability to track the high frequencies. but all in all the higher attenuation filter should get the highs tamed a bit then the other one, though its a different story if you could perceive the change as its a few dB at 15-18k range. i do feel the difference and i prefer the slow roll off
I feel like this is splitting hairs a bit lol, 15-18k range? What music are you even listening to bro???

May 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #13,579 of 14,084
I feel like this is splitting hairs a bit lol, 15-18k range? What music are you even listening to bro???

Batman listening to bat music 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #13,580 of 14,084
Batman listening to bat music :D
Haha. Lol.

I guess my point was the graph does show a substancial atteneuation in the mid to high spectrum. So to hear a change is pretty much undeniable.

May 24, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #13,581 of 14,084
Help please.
I just upgraded to Lurker FW2.4.0-L2
It seems to be an improvement, at least the fonts are.
BUT now, when I try to rescan the directory, I get a scan of the internal memory, but I can only get about halfway through scanning the SD card.  Some music plays but a LOT will not. When I try to play some music, it immediately goes to scan, but only for a second, then I get the iBasso logo page, then I get a screen that says READY and nothing will happen after that.
Any and all help will be really appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

May 24, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #13,582 of 14,084
Help please.
I just upgraded to Lurker FW2.4.0-L2
It seems to be an improvement, at least the fonts are.
BUT now, when I try to rescan the directory, I get a scan of the internal memory, but I can only get about halfway through scanning the SD card.  Some music plays but a LOT will not. When I try to play some music, it immediately goes to scan, but only for a second, then I get the iBasso logo page, then I get a screen that says READY and nothing will happen after that.
Any and all help will be really appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Did you do a factory reset after the firmware upgrade? If not, perform a factory reset and rescan the library again.

May 24, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #13,583 of 14,084
Thanks a LOT regit!!!!
No,I didn't.  So I did a factory reset now, rescanned and still have the same problem.  Do I need to re-install the FW again?

You guys are so very helpful, thanks a lot!!!
God Bless, 
Wayne
P.S. I continue to really enjoy the DX90, works great for me.

May 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #13,584 of 14,084
Thanks a LOT regit!!!!
No,I didn't.  So I did a factory reset now, rescanned and still have the same problem.  Do I need to re-install the FW again?

You guys are so very helpful, thanks a lot!!!
God Bless, 
Wayne
P.S. I continue to really enjoy the DX90, works great for me.

Since reinstalling the firmware is easy, may as well give that a try. Also, see if you can try a different sdcard just to make sure it is not the sdcard giving problems.

May 24, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #13,585 of 14,084
Well regit,
I went back and installed Lurker's L.1 instead.  updated it.  Did a factory reset.
Re-scanned the SD card (which I cannot imagine all of a sudden got a problem just by updating my FW).  Well, anything can happen.
Same problem.
When it scans the orange line only goes over around 3/4 of the way to the right, then says it is ready.  And when I look at the files
on the DX90, it does have an album.img for the internal mem.  But NO audio files database for the SD card.
It always did before.
And it can play a lot of the albums, but not all.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, God 
Bless, Wayne

May 24, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #13,587 of 14,084
I believe you have to check your sd card by fdisk, or chkdisk, if that wouldn't help just try to backup your music and then make a format of sdcard by SDXC formatter, from sdxc site. It's helped me previously, hope it will help you too.

Does anyone hear difference between rock ox and mango? Why this difference appears? Isn't rockbox working for DX90 bit-to-bit perfect like mango does?

May 24, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #13,588 of 14,084
I don't know if this might help but I had something very similar, my dx90 was scanning the sd card but that orange line kept stopping at the same place, I tried everything from factory reset to changing firmware but it turned out it was a particular flac file it didn't like, I'm not sure if it was a corrupt file or something wrong with the ID tag. Once the media scanner got to this particular file it just stopped and failed to also ready everything else after it, once I deleted the file everthing was fine.
What I did was delete all the files that I added onto the sd card since the problems started and rescanned it and then add the files, rescanning after each album until it failed to scan, a bit tedious but it solved the problem for me.
Good luck, I hope this is some help to you, 
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #13,590 of 14,084
Ok, 
I did check disk on the SD card, it said nothing needed to be fixed.  But it might of helped.
I kept deleting the flac albums that would not play, deleted around 6-8 and scanned each time one or two were removed.  FINALLY it was able to scan the whole card and create a ".audio_data"  file for the first time since I updated the FW.
So now it will play everything on the SD.  I am now gonna go back and try album by album to put them back and see if it will scan and work.
Thanks guys, progress has been made with your kind help.
God Bless,
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back