DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 24, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #13,172 of 14,084
Are you absolutely sure the card is original? I have a Samsung evo 64 and followed Lurker0 tips. Fade in disappeared.

Yes, It cost around 55-60USD when bought it from my local store. I just formatted to Fat32, the clipping is gone. But the fade in and out appear at around first 2 min of usage time. Otherwise is ok. Weird that format is the issue here...

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #13,175 of 14,084
Oct 24, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #13,177 of 14,084
Oct 25, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #13,178 of 14,084
Hello,

Long story short, I own a Fiio X3ii and I love its UI. It has a well thought out navigation and shortcuts. For example, one long press of a button from anywhere in the device takes the user back to the Now Playing screen, and pressing the Back button on the Now Playing screen takes the user back to the folder from which the track is being played. These 2 navigations and shortcuts are my favorite and I have become very much accustomed to it. 

That said, Fiio's scroll wheel is its weakest link, leading to possible malfunctions in a few months is what I have gathered (not all devices but there definitely is a risk). Because of the reliability issues in the Fiio player, I started looking for option outside Fiio and DX90 caught my eye. 2 major complaints I have heard about the DX90 are the battery life and the UI. Battery life is not a deal breaker for me and based on what I have read here, Rockbox really takes DX90 to another level with respect to UI. 

I do not have have the option to try the device nor am I able to find any video demos of the rockboxed DX90 nor any demo of the stock Mango OS. And so my only option is to ask about how it works with regards to my 2 favorite navigations:

1. Is it easy to get back to the Now Playing screen no matter where I am in the device?

2. Is there a back button in the Now Playing screen that would take me back to the folder from which the track is being played?

If the stock firmware offers these 2 shortcuts, I wouldn't want the rockbox even. One click would be the best, but I can manage with 2 or 3 clicks as long as it is easy and quick.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if any part of my question needs clarification.

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #13,179 of 14,084

1. Is it easy to get back to the Now Playing screen no matter where I am in the device?

2. Is there a back button in the Now Playing screen that would take me back to the folder from which the track is being played?

If the stock firmware offers these 2 shortcuts, I wouldn't want the rockbox even. One click would be the best, but I can manage with 2 or 3 clicks as long as it is easy and quick.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if any part of my question needs clarification.

I'll help you out with some pictures of DX90 in use to give you an idea.

See the back arrow and home icon in the upper left/right of each corner? They're the answers to question 1 and 2. The back icon reverses out to your folder list, track list etc and the home icon always takes you to the now playing screen.

When you're at the now playing screen you press the "my music" icon which takes you back to the tracks in that folder, from that screen the back icon will be present (as above).

If you back out of your cards root menu the choice of internal, external and USB OTG storage will be shown.

And back out one more time.

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #13,180 of 14,084
Just wondering if I'm going to pair my DX90 with an amp. Is the Cmoy amp an upgrade to the DX90 amp? Or is it the DX90 amp much better than it? 
confused.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #13,181 of 14,084
The O2 sounds great with DX90 but not really portable, however the best amp
I have heard and bought is the Lehmann Traveller, not cheap but worth it.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #13,182 of 14,084
Personally, I don't own anything that requires additional amplification with DX90. To be honest, I quite like the house sound as is from DX90's internal amp.

This isn't to say I've done my fair share of amping IEMs as such to flavour the sound in the past.

Generally, carrying stacks on the go bring two issues

More bulk
Two devices which need charging

But if its your (or someone's) preference to do so, that's fine.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #13,183 of 14,084
  Personally, I don't own anything that requires additional amplification with DX90. To be honest, I quite like the house sound as is from DX90's internal amp.

This isn't to say I've done my fair share of amping IEMs as such to flavour the sound in the past.

Generally, carrying stacks on the go bring two issues

More bulk
Two devices which need charging

But if its your (or someone's) preference to do so, that's fine.

Well actually not, Thought it would be an improvement over the internal amp so getting an amp for indoor listening or pair with my UD120. Thanks for the advice though! 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #13,184 of 14,084

I'll help you out with some pictures of DX90 in use to give you an idea.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking you time to post those pictures to explain. I think I will be placing an order soon. I really appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back