DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 19, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #13,156 of 14,084
Can the dx90 display album art which is embedded in alac files or does it require a separate album art file for each album / each folder? I think in my iTunes media folder, which I just copy to the micro sd card there are almost no separate album art files, they mostly seem to be embedded.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #13,157 of 14,084
"Stick it in my pocket"... But without good m3u playlist support and no next folder play option, I have to get it out after every album to select a new one to play...maybe I should try the rockbox fw. But does rockbox have the same sound signature as 2.3 fw?

I just shuffle the 2500 songs i have loaded on it and if I want to I will skip to the next song as the buttons are big enough to feel.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #13,158 of 14,084
Can the dx90 display album art which is embedded in alac files or does it require a separate album art file for each album / each folder? I think in my iTunes media folder, which I just copy to the micro sd card there are almost no separate album art files, they mostly seem to be embedded.
They should display just fine embedded. Tried ALAC files withmy DX90 once.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #13,159 of 14,084

Ok, it's apparently Apples fault not ibasso's: with iTunes 7 Apple changed the way artwork is stored. I know have some albums with embedded artwork and others where the artwork is stored in a cryptic way in some Apple folders :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #13,160 of 14,084
I just shuffle the 2500 songs i have loaded on it and if I want to I will skip to the next song as the buttons are big enough to feel.

That's an option but then I'd need more micro sd cards - each sd card a random playlist. M3U playlist support would be better. And if Fiio's software engineers were - with one year delay - able to program it, Ibasso's developers should be able to do this as well.. Perhaps hire a developer from Fiio or copy some code from the rockbox source files.

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #13,161 of 14,084
I tried deleting the audio_data and force rescan it. But the issue of audio fading in and out for a faint few second only happen on the first 5 min of usage. After that it is all smooth. I tried playing the audio file I have which is 24/96-24/192khz. Most seems to have a lot of clipping sound. But when I use my laptop and play it in foobar. The file does not seems to have this issue even when I am using a DAC (UD120) or without it.

Will there be a future update for DX90 which will change the Native DSD to fully native instead of PCM?

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #13,162 of 14,084
  I tried deleting the audio_data and force rescan it. But the issue of audio fading in and out for a faint few second only happen on the first 5 min of usage. After that it is all smooth. I tried playing the audio file I have which is 24/96-24/192khz. Most seems to have a lot of clipping sound. But when I use my laptop and play it in foobar. The file does not seems to have this issue even when I am using a DAC (UD120) or without it.

Will there be a future update for DX90 which will change the Native DSD to fully native instead of PCM?

From what I have read it doesn't have the capability to do that. I would contact iBasso with the issues you are having with your DX90. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #13,163 of 14,084

From what I have read it doesn't have the capability to do that. I would contact iBasso with the issues you are having with your DX90. 

My warranty period just a month ago. Btw, Thanks mate!
redface.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #13,164 of 14,084

Could this issue of fading in/fading out have yo do with the micro sd card issue which lurker described and gave a solution to in post#9032 of this thread? I'd try his solution or a different micro sd card first before sending it in for warranty...

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #13,165 of 14,084
  My warranty period just a month ago. Btw, Thanks mate!
redface.gif

It is always frustrating to have something go wrong right after the warranty period. We always charge a very minimal fee for repairs. If you have a PC you can try the batch tool on the first page of this thread to load the FW. The batch tool cleans everything out of the memory and you start totally new on the DX90.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #13,166 of 14,084
Could this issue of fading in/fading out have yo do with the micro sd card issue which lurker described and gave a solution to in post#9032 of this thread? I'd try his solution or a different micro sd card first before sending it in for warranty...

I Will report back soon. Will see how it goes. But the thing is my card is like 1 month old and it is Samsung Evo Pro Class 10 64GB.

It is always frustrating to have something go wrong right after the warranty period. We always charge a very minimal fee for repairs. If you have a PC you can try the batch tool on the first page of this thread to load the FW. The batch tool cleans everything out of the memory and you start totally new on the DX90.

Well.. It happen before the warranty ended though.. I thought I have a bad audio file. But I was busy with my stuff until recently i settle down and try out. That's when i notice it's too late. Back before the warranty ended I have tried reflashing via the batch tool. But the result is still the same. So ya.. Sometimes it shut down itself. Not sure for why though.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #13,167 of 14,084
  I Will report back soon. Will see how it goes. But the thing is my card is like 1 month old and it is Samsung Evo Pro Class 10 64GB.
Well.. It happen before the warranty ended though.. I thought I have a bad audio file. But I was busy with my stuff until recently i settle down and try out. That's when i notice it's too late. Back before the warranty ended I have tried reflashing via the batch tool. But the result is still the same. So ya.. Sometimes it shut down itself. Not sure for why though.

Did this happen before your new card? You may have answer this but did you try a different card and format to fat32?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back