Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 9, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #602 of 3,012
Agreed. But didn't bite cuz the reviews I read mostly said sound leaked with this half in ear and I suspect that this could restrict my enjoyment of using this earphone to mostly only when I am alone ...

Leakage is minimum imo. I'm burning them in with a old smartphone at a moderately high volume with a piece of cloth over them to keep the dust away. Sitting more than a feet away, I don't really hear them in the background.

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #604 of 3,012
I've got to say that i disagree regarding the lealage, this is one of very few among the IEM's that I own that my wife always complaints about hearing when I use them in the same room as her.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #605 of 3,012
Thanks guys for reassuring me on the sound leakage thing...
Also having read thru so many reviews on this wonderful half in ear, on one review especially by Twister, based on the comments;-

[believe me, it was not loud. Funny, that's what my wife told me "turn them down, too loud and distracting" lol!!! She said she was able to distinguish a song I was playing. So, I did a reverse test, made her wear it, knowing her loudness threshold is a lot lower. And lo and behold - I was able to hear it loud and clear from outside as well]

[I just got home and got my daughter to check. She said she could hear them when she was beside me, but past 3 or 4 feet with normal background noise, not really noticeable]

And then one more post above from peter123...

I am actually more bother when the person sitting besides me get annoyed by the leakage coming from what I'm hearing :redface:

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #606 of 3,012
I'm nearby. At Southern Westchester County. B&H may not be at the Hudson Valley, but that's your best bet.

Live in Ulster, work in Orange. B&H may be a very worthwhile trip for the future. I can't say that it would be worth the trip ($40 by train round trip, then add subway) just to look at a set of $115 phones. Someone really needs to open a shop further north. Even Westchester would be a worth while trip for a lot of people in the area.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #607 of 3,012
I've got to say that i disagree regarding the lealage, this is one of very few among the IEM's that I own that my wife always complaints about hearing when I use them in the same room as her.

I'm with you on this one.  Last night my wife walked into the room and identified the song I was listening to.  It's not a problem for me as I usually do most of my listening in a room to myself, but there is certainly leakage.  Not that I'm complaining -- I still think it's a great set for the price paid.  

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #608 of 3,012

Agreed, my Girls complain as well, but they have bat ears:ear:! On the train or working out they are fine, not sure I will use mine flying though.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #609 of 3,012
I'm with you on this one.  Last night my wife walked into the room and identified the song I was listening to.  It's not a problem for me as I usually do most of my listening in a room to myself, but there is certainly leakage.  Not that I'm complaining -- I still think it's a great set for the price paid.  

Agreed, my Girls complain as well, but they have bat ears:ear:! On the train or working out they are fine, not sure I will use mine flying though.

Although I totally share your experiences here i want to be perfectly clear on the fact that I also enjoy their sound a lot.

I've actually used my pair on a two hour flight and it worked better than expected.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #611 of 3,012
Sweet H20! 

I gotta say, that the Titan1's have become my favorite "out and about" iems. Even though they don't isolate really well, they:

(a) are small
(b) are light
(c) have an awesome tangle free cable
(d) don't stick out of my ears in an imposing/scary manner
(e) are very easily driven (no brick required!)
(f) have immersive bass and immersive sound that quite effectively blocks outside noise. I find that I can even use these at the gym (which can get pretty noisy).
(g) stay in the ears incredibly well. At the gym, I can grimace all I want and these puppies never pop out!
(h) lesser isolation when that when the tunes are turned off I can actually hear what somebody is saying to me without having to take them out

and most importantly..
(i) they sound friggin' incredible.

So yeah, I'm liking me titan1's :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #612 of 3,012
Sweet H20! 

I gotta say, that the Titan1's have become my favorite "out and about" iems. Even though they don't isolate really well, they:

(a) are small
(b) are light
(f) have immersive bass and immersive sound that quite effectively blocks outside noise. I find that I can even use these at the gym (which can get pretty noisy).
(g) stay in the ears incredibly well. At the gym, I can grimace all I want and these puppies never pop out!
(h) lesser isolation when that when the tunes are turned off I can actually hear what somebody is saying to me without having to take them out

and most importantly..

Not convincing enough ...you sure you like them ......:D

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #613 of 3,012
Not convincing enough ...you sure you like them ......
biggrin.gif

Ha! And what I forgot to mention is that it goes without saying that they have become my "in and about" favorites :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #614 of 3,012
Sweet H20! 

(a) are small
(b) are light

and most importantly..

Amen, the Duozas are very good, but the burned and with the Complys, the Titans are a clear step up. Plus, no Frankenstein ears!!!

Drjazz and Wayne, thanks for leading me to these little beauties!!!!:kissing_heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back