Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 6, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #573 of 3,012
I how you're just joking, because if anything, my available triple-flange ear tips will only make the sound more V-shaped.

Really?  With my triple flanges, it flattens the tonal balance of Titan 1, no more boosted bass and treble like with the stock tips :)

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #575 of 3,012
I'll concur on the V shape comments. And for those who mentioned these are "bass light" or in the side of neutral, I'll definitely say they're dependent on the source and recordings. Now listening to Mat Kearney's Young Love album and oohhhh bump bump bump that freakin sub-bass! 
L3000.gif

DUNU has got to be really pissing off these other companies charging 2-3X the cost for equal sound.

True!

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #576 of 3,012

is it as balanced like the DN1000 with FXD tips?

Yes, but in slightly different way. With triple flanges, the bass is reduced, to the level of neutral, slightly less bass than DN-1000 with JVC tips.
But best thing is, the metallic treble peak is totally gone, treble is smooth, flat, and extended.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #577 of 3,012
Mar 6, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #579 of 3,012
I see there are many reviews and much praising for Titan, however I don't see detailed comparisons to other headphones. Can anyone compare these to vsd5, gr07ce or any other popular choices at similar price range?

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #580 of 3,012

Yes. I use large size triple flanges.

Awesome. I do hope those Amazon ones will fit. I'll give them a spin soon although I'm loving the ones I'm using now. Single flange but slightly taller than the ones that came with the Titans. I think these were from my Audio Technica CK10 from years ago. The sub-bass may be present but they don't bleed into the mids. Same goes with the Treble. Everything's just well defined. Hugh soundstage yet the mids are intimate when they need to be. Must be my source (iQube/FLAC).

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #581 of 3,012
I see there are many reviews and much praising for Titan, however I don't see detailed comparisons to other headphones. Can anyone compare these to vsd5, gr07ce or any other popular choices at similar price range?

Recheck my review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12309 - I included quick comparisons to other IEMs toward the end

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #583 of 3,012
Just received mine 3 days ago and I must say bass is definitely enhanced and there seems to be accentuated around  6kHz - 8kHz region. It has an unmistakable V shaped sound signature. Oh btw, I'm on the large Spiral Dot tips. Other than that, the Titan 1 performs pretty well for the price but I wouldn't call it a game changer though
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #584 of 3,012
Yes. I use large size triple flanges.

I have both the large triple flanges and the comply tx200s, both are excellent, but do think the Complys improve bass dramatically, while lower the treble emphasis a couple notches.

Yes, @beatsguy, if I want neutral I listen to my HE560's or new Alclair RSM's, but try the complies, then let us know how the crow tastes :wink:...

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #585 of 3,012

Funny.. the titan1's have instantly made me a dunu fanboy, yet they are so friggin' awesome that I don't feel in any rush to get a TOTL dunu. Later yes, but for now I'm just very happy and satisfied.

I demo'ed the DN-2000 at Kingsound before buying the Titan 1.  I was not a Dunu fanboy until hearing the 2 products. If money was no object, I would own them both. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back