Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #631 of 3,012
  I just encountered an odd problem --- I accidentally dropped the Titan 1 about 6 inches (~15 cm for the international folk) on my table and now the left earpiece sounds weird. It's not a serious drop, so I don't know why it's acting strange --- it's not like it fell on the floor, I was merely untangling the cable and the earpieces fell on the table. It's still making sound, so the wires aren't broken, but everything just sounds off, like a damper fell out of place or something. Will talk to DUNU about it.

Good luck with it Tom.  Would be interested to know if they are easy to get into if similar happens to someone else.  I just checked mine out - and they are so well made, its almost seamless! 

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #632 of 3,012
  I just encountered an odd problem --- I accidentally dropped the Titan 1 about 6 inches (~15 cm for the international folk) on my table and now the left earpiece sounds weird. It's not a serious drop, so I don't know why it's acting strange --- it's not like it fell on the floor, I was merely untangling the cable and the earpieces fell on the table. It's still making sound, so the wires aren't broken, but everything just sounds off, like a damper fell out of place or something. Will talk to DUNU about it.

Sad to hear this... Please keep us updated with the progress.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #633 of 3,012
Listening to Titan 1 for a long time, and they continue to surprise me. If you like their sounding with a little bit forward approach, they have almost no limits in growing with the level of source

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #634 of 3,012
After 100 hours of burn in and some quality listening time Im just flabbergasted at how great these sound. I really can't fault them in ANY way at all. I love them and am surprising myself with giving them a 100% rating. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #638 of 3,012

Sad to hear this... Please keep us updated with the progress.

Had something similar happen to my Brainwavz S5 but not even 6 inches and more like set them down just a little harder than normal on the counter top. Started sounding a little thin and later noticed something loose or rattling inside the left housing. Still sound coming from both earpieces but bass has dropped off dramatically. Would love to check out the Titan but I'm worried about lack of isolation as that's the main reason I use IEM's. :frowning2:

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #641 of 3,012
  Looking forward to it! All the positive comments have been really tempting so far. A few more positive reviews and I might pull the trigger. 

Buy now!!!  Get on the hype train. 

I actually give my Titans the day off today (took the T1E's) but they are outstanding.  The only bad thing I can say about them is they are a single dynamic driver.  And not that that really matters in terms of terrific sound quality but it would be more cool if the Titans were a mega-hybrid like the DN1000/2000.  But the huge soundstage, fast response, great fit (not tight or otherwise annoying at all) and fun sound make the Titans my go-to pair.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #642 of 3,012
Buy now!!!  Get on the hype train. 

I actually give my Titans the day off today (took the T1E's) but they are outstanding.  The only bad thing I can say about them is they are a single dynamic driver.  And not that that really matters in terms of terrific sound quality but it would be more cool if the Titans were a mega-hybrid like the DN1000/2000.  But the huge soundstage, fast response, great fit (not tight or otherwise annoying at all) and fun sound make the Titans my go-to pair.

Haha, not hyped but a real deal though if you dig this kind of sound signature. Takes it off the burn station and can't stop listening to it the whole night. Helps to ease my worries after having tender my job resignation due to unforeseen circumstances. Have to ease off with new gears for now but fortunately already had the Titan 1 in the bag.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #643 of 3,012
  Looking forward to it! All the positive comments have been really tempting so far. A few more positive reviews and I might pull the trigger. 

Next to my SE846, the Dunu Titan-1 is my favorite, and that's irrespective of price -- well worth what they're selling for. (Does that count as another positive review?).

Don't wait until everyone is out of stock.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #645 of 3,012

Next to my SE846, the Dunu Titan-1 is my favorite, and that's irrespective of price -- well worth what they're selling for. (Does that count as another positive review?).

Don't wait until everyone is out of stock.

Wow that is some praise. Dunu is on a roll - the TITAN1 seems to be a giant killer while the DN2000j early impressions also seem to be overwhelmingly positive. 

Anybody using the TITAN1 with the DX90? How do they pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back