DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #31 of 2,123
Terrific preview, Tom.  Extremely informative, as always.  This is the first universal IEM that's got my attention in a long time..

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #37 of 2,123
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #40 of 2,123
  What an amazingly great preview, tomscy2000.  Thanks! 

Super excited about these  - I`m not waiting for any impresssions and Imma get me some ASAP.  

Does anybody know what this Japan connection is?  Who are these Japan partners? Why `J`?  

Love the ribbed nozzle : for extra sensation, I assume.  

Love the 4-wire cable.   AK heaven for me.

Love the Titanium Tri-oxide Crystalline Flux Capacitor Unobtainium-fusion thingy.

Care not one iota for the comply tips, a giant whatever - pm me you can have them for free.  

The only negative I can see is  IT LOOKS LIKE DN-1000, and will inspire pity those who witness me with them in my ears, rather than  the dazzled awe I will rightfully deserve.   

Can`t Wait,

d

Yeah, that Flux Capacitor really gets me going; all the way back to the future! 
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #41 of 2,123

noticed that the midrange was more apparently recessed in the now-signature DUNU fashion

I like mid though.  Anyways, subbed  : )

That part worries me a bit as well. Anyway, if the J won't be my cup of tea, I can always fall back on my non-J.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 2,123
  Interested in cost & durability as I am in the market for not-so-expensive + comfortable IEMs for use w/ my laptop for things like watching videos.  I haven't taken the opportunity to dive into the Chinese IEMs yet, but his might be my first foray.

If you're interested I have a pair of Skullcandy Titans that seem very durable. PM me! 
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #43 of 2,123

Well, it's not like the mids are gone or anything, but they won't be warm/forward. It has better midrange presence than the Titan 1, which I thought was a bit too mid-recessed for my personal tastes. It won't affect clarity, either. The prototype I heard was similar to the current DN-2000, but with a definite speed and resolution boost, with a slight penalty toward treble brightness, which I'm sure they're working on toning down.

Hopefully it'll be ready by April.

Loved the write-up @tomscy2000 . You just have a way with words.   
PS: Apart from the RE400/600, do any other HiFiMAN IEMs use titanium on the drivers?

Thanks. The older/discontinued RE-262/272 both had titanium coatings. The upcoming RE-1000 probably has it too. The Nuforce NE-700X, I believe uses a titanium coating. Not sure what else I'm missing.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #44 of 2,123

Well, it's not like the mids are gone or anything, but they won't be warm/forward. It has better midrange presence than the Titan 1, which I thought was a bit too mid-recessed for my personal tastes. It won't affect clarity, either. The prototype I heard was similar to the current DN-2000, but with a definite speed and resolution boost, with a slight penalty toward treble brightness, which I'm sure they're working on toning down.

Hopefully it'll be ready by April.

Loved the write-up @tomscy2000 . You just have a way with words.   
PS: Apart from the RE400/600, do any other HiFiMAN IEMs use titanium on the drivers?

Thanks. The older/discontinued RE-262/272 both had titanium coatings. The upcoming RE-1000 probably has it too. The Nuforce NE-700X, I believe uses a titanium coating. Not sure what else I'm missing.

Well this certainly sounds reassuring! Thanks for keeping my/our spirits up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back