DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Feb 16, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 2,123
An upgrade for an already upgraded and perfect earphones...what in the world would that be? Godly earphones?

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 2,123
  I don't need analysis, just the iem in my ears :laughing:

Well, you may not be aware but you can always block the members who are - or try to be - analytical (or anything else you don't like) All you have to do is click the member name and then select "Block member". It works really well, I just tried it!

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #18 of 2,123
  I guess you're referring to the 2000J, but I didn't read anywhere it had been released, at least not to ordinary mortals like me. Anyway, does anyone know who will be first to have the 2000J in stock or where it can be pre-ordered? Thanks!

Vivian said that their engineers decided on a last minute tuning adjustment.  They won't get the review samples out until after Chinese New Year. So they should be getting first samples around 1st week in March.  She hasn't mentioned when they are likely to be available for sale though.  I'll ask - but may not get an answer for a couple of days.

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #20 of 2,123

I guess you're referring to the 2000J, but I didn't read anywhere it had been released, at least not to ordinary mortals like me. Anyway, does anyone know who will be first to have the 2000J in stock or where it can be pre-ordered? Thanks!

Vivian said that their engineers decided on a last minute tuning adjustment.  They won't get the review samples out until after Chinese New Year. So they should be getting first samples around 1st week in March.  She hasn't mentioned when they are likely to be available for sale though.  I'll ask - but may not get an answer for a couple of days.

Thanks Brooko, much appreciated! I'll be hoping for the 2nd week in March! 
wink.gif

EDIT: In the meantime, we mustn't forget to keep giving our love to our DN-2000s in the DN-2000 thread here
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #22 of 2,123
What an amazingly great preview, tomscy2000.  Thanks! 

Super excited about these  - I`m not waiting for any impresssions and Imma get me some ASAP.  

Does anybody know what this Japan connection is?  Who are these Japan partners? Why `J`?  

Love the ribbed nozzle : for extra sensation, I assume.  

Love the 4-wire cable.   AK heaven for me.

Love the Titanium Tri-oxide Crystalline Flux Capacitor Unobtainium-fusion thingy.

Care not one iota for the comply tips, a giant whatever - pm me you can have them for free.  

The only negative I can see is  IT LOOKS LIKE DN-1000, and will inspire pity those who witness me with them in my ears, rather than  the dazzled awe I will rightfully deserve.   

Can`t Wait,

d

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #23 of 2,123
Interested in cost & durability as I am in the market for not-so-expensive + comfortable IEMs for use w/ my laptop for things like watching videos.  I haven't taken the opportunity to dive into the Chinese IEMs yet, but his might be my first foray.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #24 of 2,123
  Love the ribbed nozzle : for her pleasure, I assume.  

FTFY. 
tongue.gif

It may look like the DN1k, but it still retains the form factor of the Dn2k, especially those wingtips. I really like the rubber guard for the back -- very clever. I don't know why other companies haven't come up with the little things like this -- I mean, the inbuilt cable tie on the Titan 1 is useful as hell. Now DUNU patented it, and we won't ever see it again (unless it's from DUNU)...
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #25 of 2,123
Looks promising. 

All other hybrids besides the K3003 seem poorly designed outside of the Dunus, save the 1plus2 for sound but the build looks horrendous. Not even Sony has stepped up to the plate, their newer hybrids seem only marginally better than the old H3. DN1000 seems to be the best 3 way for the lowest price you can buy, DN2000 steps it up a notch. I do wish they would release a mic version considering so many are mobile users, or better yet, removable cables, that seems to the only piece missing here.  

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #26 of 2,123
  FTFY. 
tongue.gif

It may look like the DN1k, but it still retains the form factor of the Dn2k, especially those wingtips. I really like the rubber guard for the back -- very clever. I don't know why other companies haven't come up with the little things like this -- I mean, the inbuilt cable tie on the Titan 1 is useful as hell. Now DUNU patented it, and we won't ever see it again (unless it's from DUNU)...
frown.gif

Just stick a piece of velcro on a cable and you're good to go.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #27 of 2,123
Looks promising. 

All other hybrids besides the K3003 seem poorly designed outside of the Dunus, save the 1plus2 for sound but the build looks horrendous. Not even Sony has stepped up to the plate, their newer hybrids seem only marginally better than the old H3. DN1000 seems to be the best 3 way for the lowest price you can buy, DN2000 steps it up a notch. I do wish they would release a mic version considering so many are mobile users, or better yet, removable cables, that seems to the only piece missing here.  

+1
Really hoping for a detachable version as that's the only thing that has stopped me from taking the plunge and buying a dn2000. The fidue a83 had the build and detachable cable, but sound sig wasn't my cup of tea. Still liking what I'm seeing from Dunu as a company however.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #28 of 2,123
Hmm.... interesting. 

Just kiddin' you know I love you Tom. Great stuff man, less stuffed shirt, more ramble is nice for  a change. You had my interest when I saw you post that they were a legit poor man's K3K. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #29 of 2,123
Interesting product - I'm wondering what the premium will be in the price versus the original 2K. That seal of High-Res approval had to cost something...

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #30 of 2,123
  One of the features I love seeing is the knurling on the nozzle.  If it does have the effect of keeping tips in place, then I'm sold.  Really looking forward to trying it when Dunu get back from their New Year break.

Certainly, the knurled nozzle is an excellent idea, one which should eliminate problems.

And I'm just loving the Evolution of Hi-Res concept.. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back