Dual Dynamic Comparison: Havi, TTPOD, JVC, Brainwavz
Jan 18, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #46 of 101
interesting...i've never own a soundmagic product before...
oh wow your the first i heard of that likes the look of the r3s! they do have nice soundstage, and yes i suffer from the same fit issues as you, not nearly as severe, i was able to walk around with them, but no more than that, once i start a light jog, they break seal and then all is lost! so i can see myself walking around town with them =)

those narmoo very interesting! how do you like it in comparison to the r3s? i know theres bigger fans of the t1es on these forums than me, ( but i think they easily hold their own in their price bracket!)

dammm thats more than me, i seldom use them outdoors, but cause i'm afraid of potential breakage, its a shame cause they isolate well and are very comfortable too! 

i did use them for my commutes for a while, they need more bass for those situations but otherwise very nice =)

hate to derail my own thread but if anyone knows of an earphone that takes the re400s sound but put it in a more durable package (maybe almost as small too, the r3s a quite big)

i'm all ears! :gs1000smile:

Soundmagic E30 ...got it cheap on eBay for $16 ....really good for lying on the bed ...also motorbiking ....really small footprint n fitting for me excellent though it will not beat current crop of Chinese iem like Ostry , T1E or VSD3 .

Still waiting fir me R3 ...shld be this week ...really like the design of them milk bottles ...me be the second person to like the design then ....haha...cheers

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #47 of 101
Just wanted to share a link to a very similar thread I started a while ago. I wish there was a way to combine it with this one.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694968/a-roundup-of-microdriver-iems

Needless to say, im very happy to see some more interest in dual microdrivers.

I also wanted to cross post a reply I posted on toms youtube channel in response to his video comparison:

its awesome to think about all the different driver designs and how they stack up to one another. The fxt90 and the ttpods have similar driver placement, but where JVC uses carbon and carbon nano tubes, ttpod uses bio-cell drivers. Witch could be why you referenced the gr07 in the review of the ttpod. I really want to hear those havis. The driver placement intrigues me. Do the have a carved sound tube inside?

Microdriver technology has really been gaining a lot of steam over the past few years and can currently be found in every corner of the market from cheap to flagship. The sennheiser ie800 to the ATH im50/im70. The aurisonic rockets to the Sony Mh1c. The yamaha EPH100 and the monster miles davis trumpet to the jvc fxc51 and jvc fxd80. I don't think anyone expected them to be such great performers.

If you ask me, the whole "dual driver" thing is very nice, but really, the true magic is in the Microdriver technology itself. Having the ability to "top mount" or "front mount" the driver and bypass resonance from housings and ear canals is where it all began. Now you can see trends stepping away from that and incorporating more traditional housing/placement methods and still getting good results. Large diameter drivers (13-16mm) have always held high praise when it comes to in ear headphones. Now, these ~5mm dynamics are becoming just as praised. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #49 of 101
You should add IM70 to the poll. :wink:

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #51 of 101
yeah there are actually a ton when you sit down and try to think of them all..... I wish I could demo every one haha. 

I was pretty excited to see the new fxt90's but I still have to hear the fxz200's first! How about a hybrid with Dual microdrivers and a single BA for treble.... that could be cool!

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #52 of 101
  yeah there are actually a ton when you sit down and try to think of them all..... I wish I could demo every one haha. 

I was pretty excited to see the new fxt90's but I still have to hear the fxz200's first! How about a hybrid with Dual microdrivers and a single BA for treble.... that could be cool!

But you know IM70 is the famous and well deserved one. 
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #54 of 101

I meant the FXT100 models...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739418/jvc-ha-fxt100-ha-fxt200-ha-fxt200-ltd-hi-speed/60#post_11250956
;3

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #57 of 101
I currently have Brainwavz R3 and I love their smooth balanced signature and large soundstage, but like many others here, I am getting tired of their fit and tree thick cable.

I am looking for another dynamic driver IEM and am willing to pay up to ~$200.

I am mainly considering HiFiMAN RE-600 or the ATH-CKR 9/10... I am afraid the Havi B3 would be a step down from the R3 sound wise. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #60 of 101
  I am specifically looking for dynamic driver IEMs. Have you heard the B3,R3,RE-600 or CKR9/10?

I have only heard B3 and R3. I'd suggest waiting the new B6 which is coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back