Dual Dynamic Comparison: Havi, TTPOD, JVC, Brainwavz
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #31 of 101
Nice thread, this is how I rank my DD:
CKR10=B3 Pro1>IM70>Brainwavz R3>T1E>B3 Pro2>Brainwavz R1>Samsung HS330>Narmoo S1

The CKR10's and B3 Pro1's really are polar opposites but I could easily live with the two as my only two IEM's.

Nice stackup....btw,surprised to see S1 @ the tail end especially R1 pushing them....and quick question tho, between R3 and B3, while weighing overall, may I assume that B3 took the lead in ss and imaging department? (if they sound almost/near identical to R3) And hope amping/non-amping also considered,rite?....

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #32 of 101
Nice stackup....btw,surprised to see S1 @ the tail end especially R1 pushing them....and quick question tho, between R3 and B3, while weighing overall, may I assume that B3 took the lead in ss and imaging department? (if they sound almost/near identical to R3) And hope amping/non-amping also considered,rite?....

The ranking is based on pure music enjoyment for my personal preference.

The S1 is too bassy for my liking, even the CKR10 goes over the top basswise occasionally for me.

I don't find the B3 and R3 particularly similar, both have excellent reproduction of voices, both lack in the subbass and both need an amp to be fully enjoyable but that's about it. Apart from this is find the B3 superior in everything but bass impact (as usual, that's why I got the CKR10's :wink:)

I really don't care if I need an amp or not since it's stacked to my X3 anyway :wink:

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #33 of 101
The ranking is based on pure music enjoyment for my personal preference.

The S1 is too bassy for my liking, even the CKR10 goes over the top basswise occasionally for me.

I don't find the B3 and R3 particularly similar, both have excellent reproduction of voices, both lack in the subbass and both need an amp to be fully enjoyable but that's about it. Apart from this is find the B3 superior in everything but bass impact (as usual, that's why I got the CKR10's :wink:)

I really don't care if I need an amp or not since it's stacked to my X3 anyway :wink:

Gotcha......ty for clarifying......yeah X3 a nicely carved beast by FiiO.
:beerchug:

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #34 of 101

Nice thread, this is how I rank my DD:
CKR10=B3 Pro1>IM70>Brainwavz R3>T1E>B3 Pro2>Brainwavz R1>Samsung HS330>Narmoo S1

The CKR10's and B3 Pro1's really are polar opposites but I could easily live with the two as my only two IEM's.

haha thanks! i'm interested in those IM70s!

oh you have the b3 pro 2 on that list too?!

I don't think that the Havi are much of an improvement over your re-400. Save the money and go for the Duoza imo.

haha all this hype for the duoza! whats going on! i need to check this out now!

i think the re400s are fantastic too, not a fan of the build though, (been babying my since day 1) they felt kinda cheap even when i unboxed them =(
In my head there's always PARTY
wink.gif

haha invite me!

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #35 of 101
i think the re400s are fantastic too, not a fan of the build though, (been babying my since day 1) they felt kinda cheap even when i unboxed them =(

Yeah,the strain reliefs (especially the jack end) are the worst besides the cables from y splitter to the ear-pieces.....

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #36 of 101
Gotcha......ty for clarifying......yeah X3 a nicely carved beast by FiiO.
:beerchug:

No probelm:) Yeah I really like the X3, especially the line out.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #38 of 101
haha invite me!

&
Yeah,the strain reliefs (especially the jack end) are the worst besides the cables from y splitter to the ear-pieces.....

So far I'm on my fourth pair of RE-400s.  I originally bought a pair from Amazon along with a FiiO e11, to use with my 5th generation iPod.  Then while breaking the Waterlines in I discovered iBasso's DX90 and made the decision to buy it.  About that time, one channel suddenly died so I sent the pair back to Amazon for a replacement.  The replacement arrived DOA, straight out of the box!  I canceled the order entirely, returned the FiiO amp as well, and put the refunds toward the DX90.  (Best decision I've ever made for my portable audio rig!)

Five pairs of IEMs later I still wanted RE-400s because I loved their signature and I heard the build quality had been improved.  I ordered a new pair from Amazon which arrived in working condition, but after less than 48 hours the left channel suddenly cut its volume by at least 85%, resulting in extremely imbalanced sound.  The issue magically straightened itself back out the next morning but I exchanged them to be safe.  My fourth pair has worked fine so far but my experience doesn't leave much room for optimism.

I've absolutely babied all four pairs from the get go.  None of my other IEMs require such delicate treatment, and half of them are made of plastic! There was a long time when I was hovering on the edge of buying RE-600 Songbirds but until HiFiMan can prove their products' reliability to me there is no way I'm pulling that trigger.

Ball's in your court, Dr. Bian!

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #39 of 101
haha all this hype for the duoza! whats going on! i need to check this out now!

haha invite me!

That is why ....me never buy iem that require extreme babyiing ....especially when me used when riding motorbike ...snagged a few while taking out my helmet off ....for example Tenore......had a go at it ...really love the sound sig ....but the built quality really dont inspire confidence ......cheers.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #40 of 101
That is why ....me never buy iem that require extreme babyiing ....especially when me used when riding motorbike ...snagged a few while taking out my helmet off ....for example Tenore......had a go at it ...really love the sound sig ....but the built quality really dont inspire confidence ......cheers.

yes it gets frustrating,  i freak out even when unraveling the re400s afraid of kinking the cable.... but alas the sound is great. i wouldn't get a second pair thats for sure... just need to look for something similar sounding but with better build (in this case the brainwavz r3, is the closest i heard to the re400 so far)

wow you ride listening to earphones? thats scary! 

but the ttpods t1es fit you while wearing your helmet? they stick out quite a bit

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #41 of 101
yes it gets frustrating,  i freak out even when unraveling the re400s afraid of kinking the cable.... but alas the sound is great. i wouldn't get a second pair thats for sure... just need to look for something similar sounding but with better build (in this case the brainwavz r3, is the closest i heard to the re400 so far)

wow you ride listening to earphones? thats scary! 

but the ttpods t1es fit you while wearing your helmet? they stick out quite a bit

Sweet...R3 has the closest sound sig...yeah but listen to them at very very low volume while riding...don't use T1E but Soundmagic E30...one of me fav...balanced and fitting is excellent

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #42 of 101
I have the T1E and R3 and I use neither anymore. The T1E's bass sounds bloated and treble too harsh for my liking. The R3 I like because of its looks and it has great soundstage but I found its fit to be frustrating for mobile use. I could never get a good seal to stay. I do however use it at home from time to time. My favorite dual driver IEM is the Narmoo S1. The bass is awesome and treble is just right to my ears.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #43 of 101
&
So far I'm on my fourth pair of RE-400s.  I originally bought a pair from Amazon along with a FiiO e11, to use with my 5th generation iPod.  Then while breaking the Waterlines in I discovered iBasso's DX90 and made the decision to buy it.  About that time, one channel suddenly died so I sent the pair back to Amazon for a replacement.  The replacement arrived DOA, straight out of the box!  I canceled the order entirely, returned the FiiO amp as well, and put the refunds toward the DX90.  (Best decision I've ever made for my portable audio rig!)

Five pairs of IEMs later I still wanted RE-400s because I loved their signature and I heard the build quality had been improved.  I ordered a new pair from Amazon which arrived in working condition, but after less than 48 hours the left channel suddenly cut its volume by at least 85%, resulting in extremely imbalanced sound.  The issue magically straightened itself back out the next morning but I exchanged them to be safe.  My fourth pair has worked fine so far but my experience doesn't leave much room for optimism.

I've absolutely babied all four pairs from the get go.  None of my other IEMs require such delicate treatment, and half of them are made of plastic! There was a long time when I was hovering on the edge of buying RE-600 Songbirds but until HiFiMan can prove their products' reliability to me there is no way I'm pulling that trigger.

Ball's in your court, Dr. Bian!

hmm,sorry to hear that..........yeah, I actually double baby them. :frowning2: and I never use them outdoor activities just indoors......

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #44 of 101
Sweet...R3 has the closest sound sig...yeah but listen to them at very very low volume while riding...don't use T1E but Soundmagic E30...one of me fav...balanced and fitting is excellent

interesting...i've never own a soundmagic product before...
  I have the T1E and R3 and I use neither anymore. The T1E's bass sounds bloated and treble too harsh for my liking. The R3 I like because of its looks and it has great soundstage but I found its fit to be frustrating for mobile use. I could never get a good seal to stay. I do however use it at home from time to time. My favorite dual driver IEM is the Narmoo S1. The bass is awesome and treble is just right to my ears.

oh wow your the first i heard of that likes the look of the r3s! they do have nice soundstage, and yes i suffer from the same fit issues as you, not nearly as severe, i was able to walk around with them, but no more than that, once i start a light jog, they break seal and then all is lost! so i can see myself walking around town with them =)

those narmoo very interesting! how do you like it in comparison to the r3s? i know theres bigger fans of the t1es on these forums than me, ( but i think they easily hold their own in their price bracket!)
hmm,sorry to hear that..........yeah, I actually double baby them. :frowning2: and I never use them outdoor activities just indoors......

dammm thats more than me, i seldom use them outdoors, but cause i'm afraid of potential breakage, its a shame cause they isolate well and are very comfortable too! 

i did use them for my commutes for a while, they need more bass for those situations but otherwise very nice =)

hate to derail my own thread but if anyone knows of an earphone that takes the re400s sound but put it in a more durable package (maybe almost as small too, the r3s a quite big)

i'm all ears! 
gs1000.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #45 of 101
I think the Narmoo S1 and R3 are very different from each other despite both having dual drivers. The S1 has better isolation,way more bass and are easy to drive. The bass is great for noisey environments. The R3 needs an amp to sound good to my ears. Without one it sounds underpowered and boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back