Dual Dynamic Comparison: Havi, TTPOD, JVC, Brainwavz
Jan 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

Tom22

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sure most of us here are familiar with dynamic driver earphones, and all the organic bass they provide, but then what does TWO dynamic drivers bring to the table?  Adding an extra driver is certainly going to take up a bit more space in the housing itself, but then why is it that all of these earphones look so different? 

I decided to start this thread to kind of generate discussion from other users of these earphones and pick their brains a bit too, as to why they like it Well I'm going to be comparing  4 dual dynamic driver earphones all with varying different price ranges and very different sound signatures and see how they fare up against each other. 

What do you guys think? Which would sounds good to you and why?

Part 1:

Part 2: 

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 101
Dang, I'd love to chime in and all, but I only have the Brainwavz R3...
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 101
Atm ....only have Havi and T1E and R3 only next week ..still waiting for package from MP4 Nation ...

Havi Is still me fav bcuz of the amazing 3 D like imaging .....separation and as far as the bass is concerned ( really happy with the punch and texture ......more than enuf for me now that me using JVC Spiral Dot tip ) ....in term of fitting and seal ...also very happy with them due to spiral tips as well......so with regard to needing an amp to get its full potential ..using Fiio X3 is more than sufficient but then stacking an amp on X3 .....with Havi is always welcome cuz they be hungry power .....

The many member reporting Havi to be cold sounding could be a point of contention ...personally imho .....me find them very suitable for most of me genre of music and they rock my boat and still is one of me best iem bought ...dont mind getting another pair for back up if ever the price goes down ..haha

T1E ....what can I say ....easily one the best buy out there in the market with the current price ...."FUN" factor is numero uno ......fitting is not much a problem for me ...currentlyusing foam tips from Havi .....Before was using wide bore tip which pump out lotsa bass but the bass do bleed into mid ....and also no longer basshead ...so no need to feed that addiction and music genre that me listen dont need that " alll about the bass ...its all about the bass " ....also it does pretty well in term of treble and soundstage for its price ....though personally would like more clarity and details ....but its very important that management of expectation considering the price ....happy camper.

As for R3 ....yeah ..read the review ...balanced smooth buttery sound ..tick all the right box and me being kooky ...the design of the MILK BOTTLE .....YIPPEEEE....

Also thatBeatsguy. .......love yr review on them MILKY goodness...cheers

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 101
great review...how about adding the Narmoo S1 from USA? 

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 101
Was abt to pull the trigger on R3 but then dropped due to its +/- SS of gr07 and went for waterlines.....if Narmoo is picked up will there be a slot for meelec MDuo? And moe SS01....

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #8 of 101
Okay, moral dilemma time.  Head-Fi, help me do the right audiophile thing!

I own JVC HA-FXT90s, RHA MA-750s, and RE-400s—each of which I love (although since I got my Sleek Audio SA7s and NuForce Primo 8s the MA750s have fallen out of my rotation).  I didn't think I'd ever see a sub-$100 IEM that held a candle to the HiFiMans; especially not one that offers an out-of-head sound stage and stunning 3D imaging.  But I'd never heard of the Havi B3 Pro 1s before this thread.

I see them on Amazon right now, and I can have a pair at my doorstep by Monday, but I've already spent well over $300 on IEMs this month alone (which is exactly why I need to stay the hell away from this wonderful, wonderful site).  But the devil on my shoulder is so eloquent, and he knows me so very well!

What do you guys think: (A) Pull the trigger now and beg for the wife's forgiveness in the morning; or (B) pretend I could ever be happy with "only" six sets of IEMs.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Please say "A".

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 101
Djinnenjous...me time in headfi...the unwritten law is...most of the time...the "Devil" reigns supreme...and start cooking up your forgiveness speech for the missus...haha

Hope that helps...muahahaha...cheers

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #10 of 101
(C) zero audio douza

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 101
But . . . there's another consideration here.  I have $104 to spend on anything I want, but that's all my play money until my birthday in late May.  Between now and then Bloodborne launches for PS4—as do The Order: 1886, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, and Mortal Kombat X.  (I'm pretty sure there's something else big on the horizon, too!)  Moreover, Welicoruss—a Russian black metal band I love—drops a long-awaited album on the 31st of January and I can't justify not owning a copy on day one.  I still don't own enough Amon Amarth, and I'm trying to expand into neofolk so I have to leave something open for an impulse purchase!

"But why is the money gone!?"  [peers into wallet in pain and desperation]

(C) zero audio douza

Please don't do this to me right now.  I just can't deal with that tonight.  XD

[Looks anyway]

From Wokei's signature:

"Wokei is me name and I'm recovering IEM shopaholic .....have been sober since 13th January 2015"

This, I love.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #12 of 101
But . . . there's another consideration here.  I have $104 to spend on anything I want, but that's all my play money until my birthday in late May.  Between now and then Bloodborne launches for PS4—as do The Order: 1886, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, and Mortal Kombat X.  (I'm pretty sure there's something else big on the horizon, too!)  Moreover, Welicoruss—a Russian black metal band I love—drops a long-awaited album on the 31st of January and I can't justify not owning a copy on day one.  I still don't own enough Amon Amarth, and I'm trying to expand into neofolk so I have to leave something open for an impulse purchase!

"But why is the money gone!?"  [peers into wallet in pain and desperation]

Why...why...bcuz you're in Headfi...you should know by now...haha

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #13 of 101
Please don't do this to me right now.  I just can't deal with that tonight.  XD

Just trying to do you a favour... I don't have them yet, but a lot of respected front running folks are comparing them somewhat favourably to iems like the fx850's and ckr9/10's... which cost mucho more. And the hype is just starting. Just sayin'!

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #14 of 101
What is it you people say around here?  "Sorry about your wallet."

damn.  This place is at least twice as bad for me as crack cocaine would be.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #15 of 101
What is it you people say around here?  "Sorry about your wallet."

damn.  This place is at least twice as bad for me as crack cocaine would be.

Yeah, sorry for your wallet for sure! After a while and after your wallet has been chronically abused, you try to help out a brother so that at least the pain will be worth it - hence the douza tip. Having said that, /everyone/ should have a b3 in their collection... so very sorry for your wallet lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back