Do you listen to music/songs not in English?
Mar 26, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 46
(I think you mean Pierrot, Thelonius Monk.)

I listen to a lot of Japanese music: anime OSTs, video game OSTs, J-rock and visual kei, and on occasion some J-pop. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Miyavi, Gazette, and Psycho le Cemu, who are extremely amusing and Power-Ranger-esque. Only in a good way.

I also listen to French Art rock, like Chrysalide. I speak absolutely no French at all, but they have a very cool sound to their songs. And sometimes it's nice to have lyrics you don't understand. I don't really listen to Spanish music, because I spend too much time translating lyrics in my head rather than listening. I've heard some good German and Norwegian music lately, too.

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #35 of 46
of course: NUMA NUMA
biggrin.gif

yeah its gotten old fast

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #37 of 46
I like some Melodic Metal groups like Vintersorg and FolkEarth. Rammstein is a must, I love Cowboy Bebop which I guess would be Japanese...Lacuna Coil has some songs in Italian...The Ramones are some weird branch of english, do they count?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #38 of 46
Listen to quite a bit of Japanese music.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vocals are just another instrument. I don't hear words when they're set to music, so I could care less about the language. I'm more interested in the voice itself, and the rhythm the syllables create.

Seconding this. I do appreciate good lyrics, but consider them a bonus rather than a necessity.

Oh, and I have a bunch of Japanese music, and a little French music.

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #42 of 46
I sure do!
Both in my native language and other ones (like Swedish, German, French).

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #43 of 46
To me its more about music than the language!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back