Do you listen to music/songs not in English?
Feb 7, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 46
Vocals are just another instrument. I don't hear words when they're set to music, so I could care less about the language. I'm more interested in the voice itself, and the rhythm the syllables create.

To answer a little more directly, I have some Spanish, French and Japanese lyrics in my collection, plus a tiny smattering of Hindi and African (no idea which language).

Feb 7, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 46
Alot of Chinese, some Japanese, some integrated Frech into those songs. I might as well add southern rap as I hardly understand what they're saying anyway. =]

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #19 of 46
I'd assume that a lot of people here listen to J-rock, J-pop, that kind of stuff. I do listen to a bit of that, but I do enjoy Dungen - Ta Det Lungt. I don't even know what language it's in (Norwegian?) but it's a very cool album.

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatsudaMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CAN YOU SAY OPERA?

x2. It's quite new, so maybe you haven't heard of it.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #21 of 46
A coworker introduced me to a French progressive band called "Ange"

They find their beginnings in the early 70s and I believe they're still working together. I'm not used to the French voice/lyrics, but the music is gorgeous.
580smile.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 46
I listen to lots of bands from central-eastern Europe and they're not just good they're different. Examples:Električni Orgazam, Kult, Ewa Braun, Gothart. Hey, and they don't sing in English nor German, it's a great music.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #27 of 46
not too often, but...
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is amazing. The collaboration with Michael Brooks, 'Nightsong' , is maybe not the most authentic qawalli (Pakastani spiritual vocalized ritual) but it's pretty great to listen to.

Ghost and 00i00...Japanese and some made-up vocals

Os Mutantes, Caetano Velosa, Tom Ze - mostly all in Portugese

Bulgarian Women's Choir - Vox de Bulgaries

oh yea, Fela Ransome Anikulpa Kuti - kinda in English, but kinda pigeon Nigerian really...

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaiks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to lots of bands from central-eastern Europe and they're not just good they're different. Examples:Električni Orgazam, Kult, Ewa Braun, Gothart. Hey, and they don't sing in English nor German, it's a great music.

yeah, they're polski
wink.gif
@Hey, Kult, Ewa Braun

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #30 of 46
X-Japan
Parriot (or Parriott? Perriot? Perriott??)

sometimes RHCP sounds like it's in another language. like my favorite part of Soul to Squeeze:

it's bitter baby
and it's very sweet
i'm on a rollercoaster
but I'm on my feet
take me to the river
let me on your shore.
i'll be coming back baby
i'll be coming back for more
doo doo doo doo dingle zing a dong bone
ba-di ba-da.. ba-zumba? crunga cong gone bad!!!

yeah man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back