DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jan 24, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #467 of 678
That's a firmware change, not a UI mod. Fiio already fixed this for X5. I imagine they'll implement the fix for X3 sooner or later.

Thanks for the info. I hope they do implement that in the next firmware update. It would make the display cleaner, IMO.

That's hard coded into the fw, and there is no way to mod that unfortunately. Hopefully Fiio will fix that - the current firmware has an option to show file or title name, but doesn't seem to work properly at the moment, along with the unknown artist bug.

Maybe somebody could contact @JamesFiiO
 about taking over this thread. That way the first post could be updated to include links to all the mods, like on the x5 mod thread. I'm too lazy, and clueless to do it myself (re: not updating my themes):wink: , hopefully somebody else will step up.

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #470 of 678
  As far as I can tell, all the file/title option for the x3 does is decide whether the file extension is displayed or not. I hope this isn't the intended result.

+1
The title attribute is not read from the ID3 tag as it should have been.
Infact, even the momentary label that comes up when a new track is played has this botched up in FW3.3 ("Unknown Artist" problem).

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #472 of 678
- Will this work on my X1?
- is it easy to create my own theme?

It DOES work with X1, just edit the batch files from X3 to X1.
I've done it last weekend to increase readability.
Success points - increased most of fonts except of one responsible of playing song position and song length
Could not change so far: make battery image a bit bigger without changing the size of the image (20x22 px)
PS: Used not stable firmware but 1.22beta

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #474 of 678
PS: Used not stable firmware but 1.22beta> right now im using 1.22beta... should i be using the 1.10 FW?

not sure if you just made a typo, but if you're still using the 1.xx series, you are way out of date. Or posting x1 questions in a x3 forum
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #476 of 678
not sure if you just made a typo, but if you're still using the 1.xx series, you are way out of date. Or posting x1 questions in a x3 forum
tongue.gif

my 1st question was

Quote:
Originally Posted by naldsais View Post

- is it easy to create my own theme? (SORRY IF ITS OT)

but some answere my question:

Success points - increased most of fonts except of one responsible of playing song position and song length

Could not change so far: make battery image a bit bigger without changing the size of the image (20x22 px)

-------
so i asked if i need to use FW 1.10 - so telling me if my FW is out of date, come on! try reading the previous post first.... telling me if i posted x1 question to this forum, ok yes. im sorry if its an OT question....

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #477 of 678
tongue.gif

my 1st question was

Quote:
Originally Posted by naldsais View Post

- is it easy to create my own theme? (SORRY IF ITS OT)

but some answere my question:

-------
so i asked if i need to use FW 1.10 - so telling me if my FW is out of date, come on! try reading the previous post first.... telling me if i posted x1 question to this forum, ok yes. im sorry if its an OT question....

Chill man .....just pulling yr legs .... :rolleyes:

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #480 of 678

Love it ... I think we need a good list theme. And this is looking good.

@McDown & @sandman1990 both have some decent list themes. This one is based of a pic of the Lexus LFA instrument panel. Also trying to wrap my brain around Inkscape for this theme, so it could be a bit before I'm done (as well as trying to finalize the music op., and update older themes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back