DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 2, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #5,687 of 16,312
My latest cable is actually a re-cable. Here I re-cabled (and modded) my Grado SR-80i. They need to get polished (as they now love finger prints).
27bdbf27.jpg

May 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #5,693 of 16,312
@ WalkGood

WOW. I love it. That's got to win some low-profile, minimalist award. For want of a better phrase, way to think outside the box. It never occurred to me to do one sans sleeves/barrels. I y'am h'yaving cable envy.

May 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #5,694 of 16,312
@ WalkGood

WOW. I love it. That's got to win some low-profile, minimalist award. For want of a better phrase, way to think outside the box. It never occurred to me to do one sans sleeves/barrels. I y'am h'yaving cable envy.

(Sorry for the double post folks. Apparently, I'm e-tarded and can't figure out out how to delete it.)

May 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #5,695 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes and the sheath is supposed to be clear but looks white :/

Nah, it looks nice and shimmery.

May 4, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #5,696 of 16,312
Hi, I'm a new member looking for some suggestions. Joining this site has inspired me to fix some old headphones (and purposely purchase a broken pair for the purpose of fixing). I have no problem soldering wires, but I was wondering what you would suggest for covering the solder points. For a couple pairs of headphones I simply borrowed the mini plug from a throwaway pair of headphones as a replacement for the broken miniplug on some ink'd and Altec headphones. The issue being that I used heat shrink to cover the solder points which leaves an ugly point in the wiring. My question for you is what could/ should I do to cover or fix this blemish? I was thinking maybe I could put some regular wire covering under the heat shrink which would hide the soldered wire... but would still leave an asymmetric point in the wiring.

May 4, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #5,700 of 16,312
my 1st set of DIY

allch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back