Diana Krall Hater's Club
Jun 16, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #121 of 144
Quote:7keys
 She has a great voice but I can't stand any of her songs.

The trick is to sit or lay down when she sings...........  
gs1000.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #123 of 144
"Stand up…for your rights" (to listen to Diana Krall) 
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #124 of 144
  Hey!....Me too........She has a great voice but I can't stand any of her songs.

Norah Jones has an incredible voice. I love relaxing while listening to her albums. (Amazing sound quality when using the 24bit files, by the way)

Diana Krall, on the other hand, is a mystery to me. Her voice is too dark and lacks emotions. But there seem to be plenty of audiophiles around here that dig her music. (I refuse to make a world play with the word dig here...) 

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #125 of 144
My favorite Norah Jones' song is "Turn Me On'. Both the lyrics and the way she sings it, turns me on.

Did you guys know that she is Ravi Shankar's daughter? What an interesting upbringing that must have been!

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #126 of 144
  I saw Diana live in a tiny club 15 years ago when her international fame was just beginning. No more than 10 people in the audience. Diana did not play that night, as she had as her guest a monster pianist, who was either Mulgrew Miller or Kirk Lightsey, I cannot remember which. The guy offered her to play several times but she simply refused. He wouldn't have proposed if she sucked. It was a great night and not going to talk to her after the show is something I regret to this day. Now you tell me she's a bad artists when such immense musicians will happily gig with her, not to mention her various touring and recording partners, invariably some of the best in the world - Ben Wolfe, Ch. McBride, Russell Malone, Dan Faenhle... Surely it wasn't all about the money. Diana Krall is great and is largely recognized as such. She has to eat with everybody else. Many jazz artists have made similar choices because the music industry game is so skewed against them, including George Benson who famously said, give me a million bucks and I'll make you the best bebop album you ever heard. And tell me if that doesn't rock

Ok, interesting to see Krall playing piano like that...I give her more kudos...

:)

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #127 of 144
I was just listening to Diana Krall, because I wanted to try out a new amp and her recordings are great, and I, as usual, ran into the situation where I couldn't make it through a single song. 
  Her voice is mediocre, her timing is tasteless, she tries to be a sex kitten all the time, most of the time it is totally inappropriate with the lyrics. She's pretty much a "performer" and not a serious musician. 
  And I find her piano improvising quite cliched and unsophisticated harmonically. I can't believe that Oscar Peterson was crazy about her piano playing... not believable. 
  Of course, mine is just one man's opinion. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #128 of 144

I get that she plays with great musicians but I just can't stand her voice; something about her voice just irritates me.  I'll take Norah Jones, Daniela Andrade, Sinead O'Conner, among others that I've been listening to recently...

L3000.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #130 of 144
I get that she plays with great musicians but I just can't stand her voice; something about her voice just irritates me.  I'll take Norah Jones, Daniela Andrade, Sinead O'Conner, among others that I've been listening to recently...

:L3000:

Funny, I feel the same way about Norah Jones...can't make it through even one song.

I do have to take "breaks" from Diana Krall - but when I get back to her, can dig it for a time.

Not so with Norah...I think it's her material too.....boooooooooooring.

:)

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #131 of 144
I dont hate the person but I do hate everything else about them. Krall, Dion, and many others.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #132 of 144
Some people just don't like good smooth music, or need a high fidelity upgrade of their system.......   perhaps......    
L3000.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #133 of 144
Some people just don't like good smooth music, or need a high fidelity upgrade of their system.......   perhaps......     :L3000:
Stealy Dan, true artist. ELP.

Oct 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #135 of 144
With so much good music out there, why waste time on stuff that's just not it for you? I listened to Krall once many years ago in my Norah Jones phase (around the time of come away with me). And decided that Krall didn't do it for me. Haven't listened to her since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back