Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #227 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Diablo's are Surfacing?

Ok, everyone, calm down. I saw a movie about this once. Basically, you need this old key full of blood, and you use it to put a drop on each door and window. That should keep the nasty things out of your house.

Thats your Assessment of the movie? where's the Climax? thumbs down dude...thumbs way down.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #228 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Diablo's are Surfacing?

Ok, everyone, calm down. I saw a movie about this once. Basically, you need this old key full of blood, and you use it to put a drop on each door and window. That should keep the nasty things out of your house.

What about garlic?

Ooops sorry wrong monster.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #229 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They met up and Skylab reported...like two hours ago.

Yeah, and the Diablo pulled a Diablo and didn't show.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #230 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, and the Diablo pulled a Diablo and didn't show.

devil.png

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #231 of 805
This was posted a little while ago on ipastudio by Boomana.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I've got to charge it some more, but I want everyone to know that everything works perfectly. I like it best so far with the Etys (I'm using the S cable), and the bass contour fills out their sound. I forgot for a minute I'm trying to evaluate an amp, and just started listening to the music.

On high gain, they drive the HD600s, but as some of you know, I'm rather prejudiced about portables' ability to pull out the Senn sound, so I'll only say that it's as good as I've heard any portable. I have the 8620 PRII, and I like it better, but how much of that is because I know that sound, and how much is lack of burn in on the Diablo? I don't know. Something a little funky in the upper mids with the Senns, but could be me. Too early for any real impressions. Compared to the the PRII, the Diablo has a bit more punch, but lacks the sense of space the PRII gives.

Please note that these are hurried, very first impressions on an amp that has yet to be fully charged even once. I just wanted to put something out there for those who are waiting. I don't want to post from my excitement of actually receiving one, but rather from some good listening sessions. So far, I like it very much.

It needs to charge now, and I have to go to work, so I won't be adding more until the Florida meet, which starts tomorrow night and runs through Sunday morning. If I can find the little cable that connects my camera to my computer, I will post pics to prove it exists, but they won't be as nice as Duncan's.

Oh, and as for size, it's bigger than a Hornet, but thinner. It fits nicely under my 5g imod.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #232 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The title of this thread is changing faster than Michael Jackson's nose! It's getting hard to keep tabs on.

Thinking same thing -- hard to tell if another thread, or same one.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #234 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I do not have a Diablo, and now I am pretty convinced that at least I personally never will. I have no confidence that they can be produced reliably.

Holy cow....

GAD

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #235 of 805
What a community! Great fun! Listening to Queen on a iRiver 120 to a Xin Reverence (reverence for sound).

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #237 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a community! Great fun! Listening to Queen on a iRiver 120 to a Xin Reverence (reverence for sound).

Indeed jamato8, it appears the Diablo is all show and no go or get depending on who you are
frown.gif

I was having such high hopes that Skylab was going singing praises especially for those who have put out and waited
blink.gif

What in the devil production line does not have the testers at the end before boxing and shipping
eek.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #238 of 805
I was actually STUNNED that they didn't work. Very depressing actually. Duncan drove 1/2 hour to meet me at Heathrow. But the Diablo curse remained very much alive for us. Nice to hear that Vicki's is working, although my PRII and LISAIII both exhibited that "hums when the AC adapter is plugged in issue", so methinks that is just a hallmark of sorts of Phil Larocco's designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back