Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 25, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #242 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They met up and Skylab reported...like two hours ago.

Man I am slow.

---------------------

Alright I just caught up and read all the posts.

---------------------

On the hum thing-- yes my PR2 did experience a hum when plugged into the PSR-- but only plugged into the PSR and it never affected SQ. The hum was an issue for me so I did not sell the PSR (kept it in my drawer until this day). But I need to add -- my electricity is not the best upstairs where the amps are so I assumed it to be me-- and again it did not affect SQ or over-heat the device or anything. It was just a slight hum that could be heard when the headphones were off and the room was quiet.

----------------------

On everything else-- this is kind of sad. For those who shelled out dough and for those who are/were hoping for Larocco's fate to turn upward. (I have listened to a few portable amps and the PR2 was IMO clearly better)-- so I was hoping there would be a return to competitive play with the big boys (Headamp, Ray Samuels, etc) for Larocco.

I think businesses need to take it slow; add administrative support at the cost of gross profit; assess demand and attempt to control demand (as much as possible) to ensure a quality product can be delivered time in and out. It seems Larocco is better suited to try a pilot business model/sampling where amps are completed fully and then sent out to a few folks, let them review. From the pilot build the company can determine how many amps can be built in what time and % of returns. Then they can accurately forecast supply and *control* demand to be inline with forecasted supply-- with the forecast being much more accurate because of the pilot run.

I think while costly to do it is better for all folks.

*Soapbox not included*

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #243 of 805
I guess we need to keep tabs of how many amps were received and what the failure rate is, and if so, are the failures all the same? If they are, there might be a commonality (besides shoddy amp building) that can be fixed without having to send them back and wait until forever to get them back, working properly.

Poor Phil. He must be pissed.

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #248 of 805
Worst story? Possibly. I don't know-- the Ken-Storm DAC is pretty bad also.

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #250 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few months back I actually bought Skylab's PRII/PSR setup that had the humming issue. When I sold it, I sold it to Hans at Qables and he said he was able to fix it rather easily...so he may be a source of information if neccessary.

Hans used to be a LaRocco dealer. I believe his (*ahem*) "experiences" with Larry ultimately inspired him to develop the iQube. So if Necessity is the Mother of Invention, Frustration just might be the Dad!
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #251 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hum was due to wall wart. The battery wasn't charged. Running on the battery, there's no hum. I'm not going to post more impressions until I have a chance to spend some time with this.

Nice to know the Diablo is of such excellent design as to have a regulated charging circuit and is not prone to ground loops...........oh wait....

-Ed

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #253 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess we need to keep tabs of how many amps were received and what the failure rate is, and if so, are the failures all the same? If they are, there might be a commonality (besides shoddy amp building) that can be fixed without having to send them back and wait until forever to get them back, working properly.

Poor Phil. He must be pissed.

Exactly and as I mentioned to Sky earlier in this thread that I'm ready to order in the next round providing the go to no go ratio heavily favors the go
eek.gif

I'm waiting for Boomana's next post after a complete charge and a thorough romping on it plus I hope she takes a creative a picture as you did with your purdy green Toma (kinda partial to that one myself
tongue.gif
).

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics to this plsce with my vast IT knowledge:-0

By the way for the Diablo I think I'm into the silver finish.

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #254 of 805
I am not dissing anyone who pre-ordered

I mean who knew?

But for people considering a purchase at this point you DO realize that you are supporting the antics of the company regarless of how good this amp is it should not be on anyones x mas list!

This will only happen again in some other form and you will only have yourselfs to blame!!!!

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #255 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not didding any one who pre-ordered who knew?

But for people considering a purchase at this point you DO realize that you are supporting the antics of the company regarless of how good this amp is it should not be on anyones x mas list!

This will only happen again in some other form and you will only have yourselfs to blame!!!!

That being said, I might be selling mine rather quickly. I'm just buying it to see it in person and see what it's like. Please don't contact me if you're interested, I'll make an ad when that time comes. I've already contacted a couple people about it, and they're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back