Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #31 of 156
Hi
I can make the meet any weekend preferably in Denver. Problem is I won't have a source, don't want to haul my 27" iMac

Cans: Hd800 modded by Stefan Audio Art
DAC: Yggy
Amp: Studio 6

Other: Yellowtec PUC Lite
           USB Disrupter and DaBigGenius USB cable

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 156
Maybe we can find someone with a spare source ... I sadly only have one laptop available

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #33 of 156
  Does anyone have an AKG K712 I could listen to. I am still using my AKG KXX for the past 2 years and need to move up. The headphones will be plugged into a hauptwerk digital organ where clarity of voicing is important.

I would be interested in hearing a K712 myself, if anyone has a set. Though if you can bring the AKG KXX I would be interested in hearing that as well. Hopefully someone can help you with a ride to Denver should we decide to hold the meet there. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #34 of 156
Maybe we can find someone with a spare source ... I sadly only have one laptop available

I have a spare OLD laptop that could be used with a USB key or my X5II coax out setup.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #35 of 156
I can make most weekend dates right now in either the Denver or Boulder areas (preference for Denver just based on distance).

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #40 of 156
The meeting room has been booked for 9am - 4pm on the 27th of August at the Sam Gary Branch Library

The cost of the room was $70. I will be asking for any attendees that can contribute towards making up the cost, do so. If everyone who attends chips in $5, that should cover it. If you can't chip in at all, you are still welcome to attend! 

They have 20 tables that we can setup, so we should be able to accomodate anyone that brings gear. Should we get a very large number of attendees, we will announce a cutoff for bringing gear like amps that would require a table. They have a guest WiFi at the library which we will be able to use. 

For anyone who has never been to a meet; This is a great opportunity to figure out what direction you want to take your system, what flavor to try next, or just talk and bs around with other members of the community. 

A few ground rules - 

Please handle other people's equipment with both hands. 

Feel free to crank up your system as loud as you like, but please refrain from going past 2 o'clock on other peoples gear (amps and headphones). I know this will vary by equipment, the point is that nobody wants to hear their system being played so loud that they can hear it from other side of the room. If anything, please just ask the person who owns the equipment. 

Bring any power cords and ac strips that you may need. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!! 

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #41 of 156
Great

*opens calender to mark that day*

I will contact my friend and ask if he wants to bring his stuff ... I guess we could share a table if space is too limited in the end.

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #42 of 156
Great

*opens calender to mark that day*

I will contact my friend and ask if he wants to bring his stuff ... I guess we could share a table if space is too limited in the end.

There were "not enough" tables last time we were there, but the notified attendance was 3-4x more then currently scheduled as well.

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #43 of 156

He is in!

He will also contact some more people he knows.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #44 of 156
Is there anyone coming who could bring an AKG/Massdrop K7xx and/or one of the upper mid-range Beyerdynamics (DT990, T-70, T-90 or similar)?

I would like to listen to those as a possible future addition to my system.

THANKS!!!

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #45 of 156
  Is there anyone coming who could bring an AKG/Massdrop K7xx and/or one of the upper mid-range Beyerdynamics (DT990, T-70, T-90 or similar)?

I would like to listen to those as a possible future addition to my system.

THANKS!!!

I can bring a beyer T1 gen 1. The T90 sounds a lot like the T1, but not as good :)
I also have a DT770 my wife uses for TV watching. Let me know if you have any interest in either of these. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back