Denon AH-D7000
Dec 31, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #2,511 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
Surprising that you find the D7000 has less bass than the LCD-2 - I thought people found it to be the other way around, might be an amp-issue?

The LCD-2 has better deeper bass, but I always found that the D7000s had more thump and impact.

I agree very much... LCD-2 has deeper, or more linear at any rate...and "higher quality" if you will... and the D7000 thumped and bumped much harder while still very honourable bass.

Guess we all hear differently...

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #2,512 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
The LCD2 is at least two classes above the Denon. 

*orders of magnitude in price
>fix'd.  The LCD2 are a whole different monster than the Denon, so a comparison is unfair.  Although they're both flagship headphones, they're a different type (planar dynamic vs. dynamic) and in different classes.  With that extra class comes a bigger price tag for a smaller return.
Edit: Well don't I feel foolish?  It appears you can get a pair of LCD-2s for $945 from Audeze (with a month-long wait time, however).
Also, my pair of D7000s are coming on Tuesday.  So excited!

For the price difference, the LCD-2 is a very significant leap over any headphone, including the D7000. People have paid FAR more for FAR less on these forums than a 300$ price bump for (imho) the best headphone out there.

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #2,513 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
if anyone out there can recommend a 6.3mm --> 3.5mm adapter, I'd greatly appreciate it.

obviously u did not go through previous pages....i bought qables 6.3mm-3.5mm cable

you really should have paypalled me half the money, and gotten the Grado one instead.

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #2,514 of 7,464
So now that I am fully happy with my headphones I just bought a Little Dot Dac 1 in preparation to upgrade to a balanced amp sometime down the road. The funny thing is I spent two years chasing the perfect headphone and never really worried about the rest. Now that my search is over I get to focus on the rest of my chain :).

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #2,515 of 7,464

Quote:
dweaver said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

So now that I am fully happy with my headphones I just bought a Little Dot Dac 1 in preparation to upgrade to a balanced amp sometime down the road. The funny thing is I spent two years chasing the perfect headphone and never really worried about the rest. Now that my search is over I get to focus on the rest of my chain :).

I just balanced my d7000 about 2 weeks ago, and I think they're the second biggest improvement I've seen in a headphone going from SE to balanced.

Quote:

I think this is a little exaggerated. LCD2 are definitely FOTM (or I should say FOTY). The LCD-2 are very natural sounding, but I reach more often for my d700 for casual listening. They have a fun sound signature, and they are very very comfortable. Something that the LCD-2 doesn't match for me.

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #2,516 of 7,464
Dec 31, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #2,517 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*orders of magnitude in price
>fix'd.  The LCD2 are a whole different monster than the Denon, so a comparison is unfair.  Although they're both flagship headphones, they're a different type (planar dynamic vs. dynamic) and in different classes.  With that extra class comes a bigger price tag for a smaller return.
Edit: Well don't I feel foolish?  It appears you can get a pair of LCD-2s for $945 from Audeze (with a month-long wait time, however).
Also, my pair of D7000s are coming on Tuesday.  So excited!

For the price difference, the LCD-2 is a very significant leap over any headphone, including the D7000. People have paid FAR more for FAR less on these forums than a 300$ price bump for (imho) the best headphone out there.

So far i have not order the D7000, still deciding. Does LCD-2 really needs good desktop amp? can it drive by portable amp?

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #2,518 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
if anyone out there can recommend a 6.3mm --> 3.5mm adapter, I'd greatly appreciate it.

obviously u did not go through previous pages....i bought qables 6.3mm-3.5mm cable

dude, tell me you didn't really spend $80 on this.  

tell me you didn't.

Also, what's this nonsense about the LCD-2 being only a $300 upgrade over the D7000?  they're a $400+ upgrade from my purview, as I paid under $600 for my D7000s.  For me, the LCD-2 is about 65% more.  Quite the jump.  Is there really 65% more sound to be heard there?  or just different sound?

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #2,519 of 7,464
Dec 31, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #2,520 of 7,464
baller.

let me borrow a dollar. :)

well...I hope its awesome for you, man.  I tend to shy away from high prices for cables...I always tend to get that Monster Cables overpriced feeling.  Anyway, I bought one of the small adapters from Amazon.  If that's not to my liking, I'll order the Grado one.  It's out of stock most places, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back