Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Oct 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #376 of 565
Will these be my "do everything well" cans? he asked hopefully. April'10 expected purchase date!

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #377 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will these be my "do everything well" cans? he asked hopefully. April'10 expected purchase date!

I've tried them with The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC to Norah Jones and Tony Bennett ....and classical (and even Macedonian Folk music) and I have NOT found a genre that these headphones do not excel at.

They are incredibly comfortable too. While the bass is by far the best of any can I've ever heard, the highs are awesome and sweet and the mids are really smooth and not recessed at all.

Oct 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #378 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont like polls on forums personally 90% of those people who picked HD800s have probably never even heard HD800s or d7000s. and side by side way less then that even.

The point of whether or not this is a valid means of picking the best headphone is irrelevant. Many people who look at the results may view them as gospel. Many people expect $1400 phones to sound better than ones that cost $700.

After reading the HD800 hype machine, I was convinced too, until I heard both pairs for myself. Of course many who heard both prefer the Senn's, but people should have the complete story.

At any rate, 4 more people have voted for the Denon's since I've posted. Thanks!

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #379 of 565
how do denon get away with advertising the d7000's pads, as leather, if in fact (as some on here say)they are pleather??

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #380 of 565
honestly I dont know. But I hate that j-money sourced them to headroom with such limited quantities now they are backordered for god knows how long since headroom was hundreds of pairs for stock. I ordered mine over a month ago and doubt ill see them before thanksgiving
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #381 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do denon get away with advertising the d7000's pads, as leather, if in fact (as some on here say)they are pleather??

Maybe they are leather, it's difficult to tell.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #382 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they are leather, it's difficult to tell.

Yes, but thing is that many people reported the pads of all D2k/5k/7k are identical. And of course Denon advertise D7k's pads are different from pleather D2k/5k pads.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #383 of 565
I had the D5k and have the D7K now- the stock pads are the same, exactly. The Jmoney pads will win some over but not me- the sound became too U shaped (though the bass was great with them- very deep sounding vs the stock pads. The quality of construction is excellent though.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #384 of 565
a u shape so your saying it recesses the mids? I havent heard that mention yet.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #385 of 565
Finally got the D7000 and I'm listening to them straight out of my computer. They sound pretty good but I have a ASUS Essence STX on its way so I will be able to hear them amped. Somehow I don't think that will make a difference. I just can't imagine how it will improve the sound.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #387 of 565
By the way where is the bass on these things. Do you need to burn them in before you get any. Or does it need an amp?

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #388 of 565
1. if you haven't, twist the pleather earpads to fit your ears. By default they're horizontal or sth.
2. running straight from an ipod headphone out you definitely won't hear much bass, im not sure about your computer's integrated soundcard tho.
3. Never heard it, but the STX should be sufficient, some ppl uses it with D7000 and are more than happy with the combination.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #389 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmask5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way where is the bass on these things. Do you need to burn them in before you get any. Or does it need an amp?

Are you running these out of a portable or something? Yes, you absolutely need a good amp.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #390 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. if you haven't, twist the pleather earpads to fit your ears. By default they're horizontal or sth.

I had mine for a good two weeks before I realized this. Wondered why they fit kinda funny.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back