Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Oct 23, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #361 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmask5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'm still expecting to have my mind blown. I mean cans are cans and IEMs are IEMs. Apples and oranges.

I generally agree, but your Westone 3s are better than most cans I've heard/owned.

IMO, they bested my DT880s and SRH840s. I absolutely love mine!

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #362 of 565
I would expect that too. The 840s are sub $200 headphones. The d7000s are a flagship model. I would probably put the d2000 and the Westone 3 on the same level.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #363 of 565
Quote:

I would expect that too. The 840s are sub $200 headphones. The d7000s are a flagship model. I would probably put the d2000 and the Westone 3 on the same level.

You might be surprised on just how well the W3s hold up next to the D7000s.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #364 of 565
Are you speculating or have you heard both side by side? Also were the d7000s not fully burnt in? Don't get me wrong I love the Westone 3s are awesome but the D7000s cost more, way more depending on where you bought them from. So i am expecting them to be worth their money. If I can get a similar sound to westone 3 with Everything done better I will be happy. If its a Can version of Westone 3 I will be dissapointed.

Oct 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #365 of 565
Quote:

Are you speculating or have you heard both side by side? Also were the d7000s not fully burnt in? Don't get me wrong I love the Westone 3s are awesome but the D7000s cost more, way more depending on where you bought them from. So i am expecting them to be worth their money. If I can get a similar sound to westone 3 with Everything done better I will be happy. If its a Can version of Westone 3 I will be dissapointed.

I've been just listening to the AH-D7000s for about 30 minutes and I can't believe what I'm hearing! The bass is by far the best of any I've heard (comparing to RS1/SR325is/HD650/DT880/K701..not saying much I know/Ultrasone Edition 8).

I have just a side by side with Rush's Tom Sawyer with my RS1s and I can't get over just how full bodied and smooth these cans are. The bass is unbelievable because something this good usually comes at the cost of recessed mids and/or rolled off highs, but not here.

I really love the Grado sound (and the RS1s to me, are the best example of that), but these things are quick, punchy, with the best bass I've ever heard. I can tell after only 30 minutes that these are keepers!

I can't wait until I get a 100 hours or so on them.

I would describe them as the full sized can of the W3s (with less colouration...sorry for the Canadian spelling) in terms of best in class bass (not bloated and very, very well controlled) great mids and smooth highs.

The instrument separation I think is actually better than the Grados (I'm still in shock over this). And for a closed headphone the soundstage is very impressive (not as expansive as the K701s, but still pretty good).

They are beauties to behold! The workmanship and quality of materials used are the best I've seen. Just a work of art (not to mention the case they come in!).

As comfort goes, they are very comfortable...as comfortable as I've found actually.

I should have some further comments after I've had a chance to burn them in a bit (I'm still shocked just how good they sound right out of the box) and listen some more. Put me down as incredibly impressed. So impressed that my HD800 desires have subsided.

Now back to Rush's Moving Pictures....a great album by a great Toronto rock band (and a crying shame that they're not in the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame...6th highest selling band of all time...crying shame).

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #366 of 565
Well reading this has got me excited for sure. Unfortunately I got screwed by UPS today. The tracker said they'd deliver today but the package was stuck in Mississauga all day and nothing came. So I have to go through the weekend without them. On the bright side now I am looking forward to monday which never happens.

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #367 of 565
To the newer inductees to the D7000 club, these are one of the best sounding cans you will hear. Enjoy! I have had these cans for a few months now and even though I'm on the prowl for a pair of good B&W speakers and the sale of these can easily fund a purchase I will definitely not sell the D7000 for a B&W. these are absolutely keepers for life.

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #369 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys will want to buy j$ ear pads they improve the sound also might want to try out markl mod you can always remove it if you don't like.

How did the j$ pads improve the sound in your opinion? $65 bucks for earpads seems a bit pricey?

Thanks

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #370 of 565
The earpads I may get but the markl mod seems kind of useless. Its supposed to fix the base and soundstage issues but I hear that both those things are fine with the stock phones. Plus if I get the J$s that should improve the soundstage.

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #371 of 565
I have the Markl D5000, and did not care for the pad stuffing that was done. I removed the stuffing and preferred the less than perfect stock pads.

Then I got the 7000's. The same cheap stock pleather pads never sat well around my ears. I'd routinely mess with positioning while listening. The Jmoney's are true hi-grade leather that better match the workmanship on the 7000's. A bargain in my opinion. I no longer have to mess with positioning any longer. However, most importantly, it further refines bass control resulting in increased clarity.

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #372 of 565
Oct 24, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #373 of 565
the j pads dont get positive feedback on all the threads on here.
its more of a gamble for me, as uk shipping and customs are a pain.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #375 of 565
Just a quick update. I think I lost a tooth filing listening to Thunderstruck by AC/DC with these things!

Wow...what bass (deep, tight and well controlled)....wow!

If you have these cans, I strongly recommend you try them with this song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back