Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Feb 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 565

wovenhand

1000+ Head-Fier
I know there's about 6458493144 D7000 threads floating around right now, but we really need a gathered forum for worship of this marvelous can.

A thread to snuggle up against when the impression threads have subsided.

Also, this reporter feels someone graphic savvy should do a good deed and create a D7000 smiley.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 565
Love mine, feel that I could sell off the rest of my headphones and live with just the D7000

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 565
Dito.
Btw, has anyone experienced any difference with burn-in..? I have a hard time believing they get even better with time. They're perfection straight out of the box.
smile.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 565
My latest jaw dropping moment with the D7000's was listening to The Mars Volta "cygnus... vismund cygnus" off the album frances the mute. I never EVER heard the water effects used in the beginning of the track until the D7000's

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 565
Nice to see you're digging some The Mars Volta. That reminds me that I need to spin that album right now. Haven't listened to it in a while. New album was a bit disappointing though. They do what they're supposed to do, but I'm missing the fire & passion. Album before that was even worse though, so I shouldn't complain. De-loused + Frances = Excellent, however.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 565
Yep, I really dig 'em.

If I fell on hard financial times and was allowed to keep only one pair of phones and had to sell the rest, the D7000s would stay and the rest would go, and I would live happily ever after with that choice. Yep, even my coveted AKG K-1000s would go before the D7000s. As wonderful as the K-1000s are, they simply aren't as practical as the D7000s for long listening sessions, nor do they provide that wonderfully tight low end "oomph" and palpable Bass that the D7000s so effortlessly pull off.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 565
We are the D7K appreciation society
God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety.
We are the Desperate Dan Apreciation Society.
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties.

Okay, maybe I'm a blasphemer, considering I'm getting W5000's instead :p

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #9 of 565
im really really loving mine! just amazing synergy through my balanced max! these phones have the best quality bass out of any phones ive heard to date! recabled also makes them more transparent.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #10 of 565
These phones have an uncanny ability to separate instruments and layers inside various recordings. You hear details and layers that other phones seem to miss. I'm impressed with the detail, especially after living with ATH-W5000 for many months.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 565
Does anyone perhaps have a comparison photo between this and the D5000, specifically in terms of the headband size? The D5k's cups sat too low (and there was a generally loose fit) which is where hesitation comes into play with the D7k.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 565
It's a worthy cause, Wovenhand, and a noble and edifying one too!
biggrin.gif
Are non-fanboys, completely objective and merciless critics accepted at the D7000 Appreciation Society? Good! Sign me up! And make it a lifetime membership, please.

Indeed, interest in the other D7000 impression threads may subside, particularly those titled "Silly Denon D7000..."!
darthsmile.gif

Cheers

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundinista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a worthy cause, Wovenhand, and a noble and edifying one too!
biggrin.gif
Are non-fanboys, completely objective and merciless critics accepted at the D7000 Appreciation Society? Good! Sign me up! And make it a lifetime membership, please.

Indeed, interest in the other D7000 impression threads may subside, particularly those titled "Silly Denon D7000..."!
darthsmile.gif

Cheers

Well thank you! I too found it a noble cause and put it upon myself to.. "erect".. such a thread.

Non-fanboys are very welcome, however, everything you say and do is subject to the utmost scrutiny. ;D

Haha, yeah, that "Silly..." thread took on a life of it's own. It was really just a question about the plastic film, but everybodys enthusiasm of the D7000 just got the better of them. But I don't complain, I'll happily participate in any discussion including the D7000. It's good stuff I tells ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back