Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #61 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick note on the 710s. Two days ago, after a 150+ hour burn-in, the right channel went out. Sure it's an anomaly, but I shipped it back to Denon in NJ and they have the phones, and I expect to hear if they are repaired or new ones are coming by Friday. First time that has ever happened to me, in such a short time period. Again, sure it's just an odd occurence, but worth noting. I did find the Denons started to really level off on the highs after burn-in, but now I may have to start all over again - if I decide to keep them (the UM3X came yesterday, and I can't take them off).

tsarn06 this is like deja vu because the same problem happened to me before but that was with the denon c700 quite some time ago. Am not sure how many hours I had on it but I was experimenting with wearing them "over the ear" and all of a sudden the right channel just went out. It's really a bummer after having already put that amount of hours on them.

Aug 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #62 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mark2410

Thanks for passing along the review. Can you ask her or if anyone can comment on hiss levels for the following combos:

a) S9-C710
b) S9-FX500

@jant71

Thanks for complicating my contender list with the CK10!
wink.gif
So it's safe to say the CK10 stomps the C710 in the treble region (transparency, extension, imaging)? Or does the C710 put up a good fight?

i cant tell you about hiss levels with an s9, but with my ipod touch there is noticeable hiss... only when theres no music playing (pause, etc)... not noticeable with the volume up tho

i doubt this matters but just saying

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #63 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tsarn06 this is like deja vu because the same problem happened to me before but that was with the denon c700 quite some time ago. Am not sure how many hours I had on it but I was experimenting with wearing them "over the ear" and all of a sudden the right channel just went out. It's really a bummer after having already put that amount of hours on them.

How did Denon respond? I hope they just send me a new pair, and not fix the ones I sent in. It was just gone, no warning, no idea why. First time it's ever happened to me, as usually there is some off/on sound or something. When I get them, the new ones, I am just going to hook them up to my extra notebook for a week.

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #64 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberchickenmx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cant tell you about hiss levels with an s9, but with my ipod touch there is noticeable hiss... only when theres no music playing (pause, etc)... not noticeable with the volume up tho

i doubt this matters but just saying

Thanks rubberchickenmx. Do you have the touch 2g? The touch 2g is quieter than the S9 so if there's noticeable hiss, then the C710 would be more prone to hiss than the E500/SE530.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #65 of 325
yes i have the 2g
actually though, shortly after posting that post, i went over and did a test
you only hear a hiss once you type, but it goes away really quickly

since i have a lock, if i have the screen turned off but music still playing, and the music stops, and i turn it on and i put in my pass, i can hear a little hiss.
it goes away once im in the springboard (menu)

its not even noticeable, dont worry..

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #67 of 325
Perhaps I am not that treble happy but I don't like the way this phone processes the high treble..sounds too sharp to my ear...is this being natural or unrestrictively piercing? also sound stage is not too big.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #68 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I am not that treble happy but I don't like the way this phone processes the high treble..sounds too sharp to my ear...is this being natural or unrestrictively piercing? also sound stage is not too big.

i actually didnt like the treble that much
it sounds too muffled and like 'far away'
i EQ'd it to treble booster

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #69 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any burn in? While the C710 is still brighter than my other IEMs, I think the treble has really mellowed out over time. Not that I think it is perfect, but not bad to me. Plus I think wearing them cables over the ear smooths the treble out a little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberchickenmx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually didnt like the treble that much
it sounds too muffled and like 'far away'
i EQ'd it to treble booster

Sounds like a tip/fit issue as you are the first I have heard that thinks the treble is muffled.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #70 of 325
I used these on a bus/train trip and a flight (got them on Tuesday). They sound quite nice.

I am feeling like the soundstage isn't quite what some are reporting (to my ears). I thought it was opening up at one point, but it just doesn't seem to be that spacious. What type of tips are you (all) using, in finding a good soundstage? I am using the included medium silicone tips.

I am trying to take into consideration that these are IEMs (these are my first decent set), but would like to improve on it, if possible.

Thanks...

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #71 of 325
I am using foam under silicon (see pic link in my sig). In comparison to the IE8, the soundstage is very close, closer than anything else I have heard except the UE11 universal fit. It is better than all my other IEMs except the IE8.

Aug 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #72 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a tip/fit issue as you are the first I have heard that thinks the treble is muffled.

yeah i think so, i cant get a decent fit at all
i think im putting them in wrong. and its not that the treble is muffled, its just that when i compare treble booster to no EQ, treble booster just sounds better.... more detailed

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #73 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using foam under silicon (see pic link in my sig). In comparison to the IE8, the soundstage is very close, closer than anything else I have heard except the UE11 universal fit. It is better than all my other IEMs except the IE8.

Thanks, Joe! I will give it a shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back