Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #46 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mark2410

Thanks for passing along the review. Can you ask her or if anyone can comment on hiss levels for the following combos:

a) S9-C710
b) S9-FX500

@jant71

Thanks for complicating my contender list with the CK10!
wink.gif
So it's safe to say the CK10 stomps the C710 in the treble region (transparency, extension, imaging)? Or does the C710 put up a good fight?

i do believe he should be able to comment himself shortly and the she who has yet to comment on them

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #47 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@jant71

Thanks for complicating my contender list with the CK10!
wink.gif
So it's safe to say the CK10 stomps the C710 in the treble region (transparency, extension, imaging)? Or does the C710 put up a good fight?

The C710 puts up a good fight. The CK10 is more open, extended, and accurate on the high end.

There is probably more difference in presentation than in quality. The Denon is more consumer sounding while the CK10 is more accurate. Listening to the Denon more will make the CK10 treble sound off once you have adjusted to the Denon tone/tibre/imaging. Using the CK10 then adjusting to the Denon is when the clarity and transparency difference is really noticeable.

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #48 of 325
Just a quick note on the 710s. Two days ago, after a 150+ hour burn-in, the right channel went out. Sure it's an anomaly, but I shipped it back to Denon in NJ and they have the phones, and I expect to hear if they are repaired or new ones are coming by Friday. First time that has ever happened to me, in such a short time period. Again, sure it's just an odd occurence, but worth noting. I did find the Denons started to really level off on the highs after burn-in, but now I may have to start all over again - if I decide to keep them (the UM3X came yesterday, and I can't take them off).

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #49 of 325
Thanks for the info, guys.

@jant71

You've really piqued my curiosity on the CK10. The CK10 is going for US$239 (SEYO-shop), while the C710 are US$100. Unless there's a lower price elsewhere, I'm wondering if the performance is justifiable by over 2x.

@tsarn06

Thanks for bringing up this matter. Keep us posted on how Denon resolves the problem. Hopefully, it's just a one-off and not a sign of poor QC.

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #50 of 325
The C710's midrange is way WAY better than the C700, and the soundstage is bigger and deeper.

Shame the cable sucks balls though
frown.gif

What happened to the magical elves who made the C700 cable? Did they get banned????

Chris, excellent comparison!! I agree with most of it, but I think the C710 overall sound is much much smoother than the C700. The C700 vocals in particular sounded harder and further away. But I remember thinking they sounded smooth and upfront when I reviewed them lol!!

My ears have matured like a good cheddar
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #52 of 325
Thanks Julie-

Having both side by side, it's stunning what a difference there is. The mids truly improved by leaps and bounds. They do have a certain completeness to the sound, no? That's kinda funny you're so miffed about the lack of the magic cables from the 700's. Seems as though the elves have been permanently banned. Heh. I definitely liked the C700 cables better, but these don't bother me too much. They're nicely devoid of microphonics entirely. How do you wear them, down, or over the ears? If you can get that chin slider separated and up the cable, and wear them up, I think you may not despise them so badly.
wink.gif

I agree about your ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
Mine are maybe a slightly aged gouda. Ha ha.....

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #53 of 325
Aug 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #55 of 325
That would be a crazy good deal if that seller is legit....

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #58 of 325

Users who are viewing this thread

Back