Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Aug 5, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 325
im wearing them cable up
smily_headphones1.gif

didnt notice a diff. when they were cable down but better trust you guys over my ears
i got horrible ears

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #17 of 325
Hmmm, there was a big difference for me, maybe it is just my ears, although another member told me he hears the same thing I do.

And let your ears be the judge of which way works best for you, cables up or down
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #19 of 325
Try them cable up and down. If you hear no difference then just wear them the way that is more comfortable for you. Just keep in mind that (well I'm assuming) these C710s were designed like the previous models to be worn cable down.

I own the IE8s which were designed to be worn cable up and I wear them cable down. This is just more comfortable for me and works well with the tips I use.

Aug 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #25 of 325
Excellent review, jant71. Can you comment on the speed, attack and decay of the C710 in handling fast genres i.e., trance, techno, freestyle? My frame of reference are the E500/SE530s and I'm curious to test a dynamic.

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #26 of 325
I swore off all Shure's. Too slow. I like them for a couple weeks and figure out that something is not right and it is always the speed. A step slow for me.

The Denon is tight enough and a tick faster. I can only say that they aren't slow but not sure if they are fast enough for you. Is slightly faster than the E500 enough?

I have the Technica CK10 and Victor NX55. Both have the C710 beat with a bit more speed, a bit better attack and slightly shorter decay. To be fair, the Denon has the most bass and it still keeps good speed.

Of course the Denon is thicker and slower out of the package. The bass needs time/run-in to tighten up which will improve the attack.

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #27 of 325
Thanks for the impression. I'm looking for another IEM flavor and was curious about trying a dynamic. Are balanced armatures the way to go for speed? The FX500 looks interesting for its quality bass and extension. I stumbled upon the C710 as it seems to shine in treble. So basically, I'm looking for an IEM that adds another dimension to the strong mids performance of the E500/SE530. I value clarity, detail, neutrality, speed, and don't want to sacrifice too much soundstage, isolation, and comfort. The E500 is great for jazz and vocals, and is a respectable all-rounder. Just looking for a balanced IEM that excels in the fast, large soundstage, treble-rich demands of trance and the bass extension and tightness of hip hop, without compromising too much on mids. The C710 seemed to strike a balance, but I'll look into the CK10 and NX55.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #28 of 325
I think you are on the right track for your wants with the C710 or even the FX500. An NX/FX55 probably falls a bit short on the treble presence and detail you want and the CK10 is a bit(quite a bit) bass light for hip hop.

Maybe the CKS70 is maybe another option also. You'll have to ask some owners about how fast the bass is. Worth checking out though.

Even less is known of them but the Panasonic HJE700 could be an option based on the sound of the HJE900 and other recent Panasonic offerings. More neutral, quick and detailed with an accurate tone.

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #29 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even less is known of them but the Panasonic HJE700 could be an option based on the sound of the HJE900 and other recent Panasonic offerings. More neutral, quick and detailed with an accurate tone.

The bass of the HJE900 doesn't sound like it compares to the others, the review is here. I would guess the HJE700 is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back