DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Jan 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,171 of 2,125
Did anybody compare with Latoo Paw Gold ?

Somebodies say Lotoo is better.But,I didn't listen it yet.

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #1,173 of 2,125
I did, they sound comparably good. Lotoo had a bit more depth and power and very slightly less clarity. Quite neutral too.

Hmm.You mean,they are in same class,right?

If you get these impressions with stock 240,I can think RWAK should be better or same quality with Lotoo.

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #1,180 of 2,125
Jan 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,182 of 2,125
Paw Gold has better resolution than both 901 and Rwak240. The problem with Paw is that it is dark and a bit bassy sounding dap with a bit narrow stage.

I don't have my AK240 as it's being repaired/replaced. I listened extensively between the Paw Gold and 901 (with Angel card mostly and sometimes with balanced). I didn't find the Paw dark or bassy at all. To me the HM-901 had more bass bloom compread to the Paw Gold. As for the soundstage, I thought it was great but not at the Flow or Hugo level. It's a pity I had to return the Paw before I got my AK240 back.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,183 of 2,125
I don't have my AK240 as it's being repaired/replaced. I listened extensively between the Paw Gold and 901 (with Angel card mostly and sometimes with balanced). I didn't find the Paw dark or bassy at all. To me the HM-901 had more bass bloom compread to the Paw Gold. As for the soundstage, I thought it was great but not at the Flow or Hugo level. It's a pity I had to return the Paw before I got my AK240 back.

Perhaps they have same same punch power, but mid bass section is different in my opinion. Paw locates mid bass presentation more forward, 901 locates it a bit back compared to Paw Gold. Also, balanced card has more mid bass body compared to Minibox. I haven't heard Angel, so that I can't share my impressions about it.

Paw has a bit darkish and perhaps blacker sound, for example h8p would suit better than Se5 with Paw.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,184 of 2,125
Perhaps they have same same punch power, but mid bass section is different in my opinion. Paw locates mid bass presentation more forward, 901 locates it a bit back compared to Paw Gold. Also, balanced card has more mid bass body compared to Minibox. I haven't heard Angel, so that I can't share my impressions about it.

Paw has a bit darkish and perhaps blacker sound, for example h8p would suit better than Se5 with Paw.

Here's what I I wrote in my review of the Paw vs the HM-901 :-

"Compared to the HM-901, it feels somewhat more sterile but by no means no less musical. The HM-901 has a more warmer, mature and meatier sense of grasp of the music tracks but lacks the clarity and transparency in the trebles of the Paw Gold. As such the Paw Gold also feels somewhat fresh with a sense snap crispness giving it more air and spaciousness over the HM-901. The HM-901 felt more intimate with greater sense of depth due to it's warmer bass but the Paw Gold seems to have the edge of headroom."

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #1,185 of 2,125
Here's what I I wrote in my review of the Paw vs the HM-901 :-

"[COLOR=3B3B3B]Compared to the HM-901, it feels somewhat more sterile but by no means no less musical. The HM-901 has a more warmer, mature and meatier sense of grasp of the music tracks but lacks the clarity and transparency in the trebles of the Paw Gold. As such the Paw Gold also feels somewhat fresh with a sense snap crispness giving it more air and spaciousness over the HM-901. The HM-901 felt more intimate with greater sense of depth due to it's warmer bass but the Paw Gold seems to have the edge of headroom."[/COLOR]

And of the 3 (+AK240) Sean, which one gets 1st place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back