Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
Feb 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #91 of 353
wow... makes me appreciate my Duet that much more 
blink.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #94 of 353
  That is a great option but you lose the quick support you get when you order from Japan, and you may have to pay somewhat hefty import fees. Early adopters do that, but the vast majority would prefer to buy here.

Quite often too makers (who are also online sellers) may not want to offend their local distributors. Afterall the local distributors who are putting in the effort in advertising and promoting the products at shows and events, having access to put the products on bricks 'n mortar stores on display, etc.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #97 of 353
  I've been using it with my iBasso DX50 and the two is a really strong pairing 
rolleyes.gif

Not only that, but because the DX50 is of such high fidelity, you need to match it to a very good amp in order to get anywhere. And the DUET does it. Totally.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #98 of 353
  Not only that, but because the DX50 is of such high fidelity, you need to match it to a very good amp in order to get anywhere. And the DUET does it. Totally.

So to use with Parterre (used mostly) and HD600, would you have a preference between Duet and Pure II?

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #99 of 353

Agreed! The pairing gets a super clean and natural sound! I havent gotten a chance to try and extremely high end dacs, but the pairing is the cleanest sound ive been able to make for myself 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #101 of 353
Knowing the prices for other Cypher Labs stuff, I can imagine it will be around 1000$ or 100.000¥.

Existing CL stuff ¥ pricing still has saving over £ pricing, though not nearly as much as earphones. The SE846 is about 40% less!. AT usual suspect. Might pick up ES700 just because it's less than half UK rate!

Looking forward to seeing what's what when Easter Tokyo visit comes around :cool:

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #102 of 353
Depends on what you are using them with. The theorem has hiss with high sensitivity low impedance phones. From what I have read the duet does not. If you are using high sensitivity low impedance phones I would go with the solo db and duet. With this combo you also get more options for connection instead of just USB.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #104 of 353

So to use with Parterre (used mostly) and HD600, would you have a preference between Duet and Pure II?

What a question... DUET II's gain stage is less usable over a larger portion of the volume throw but DUET, does in some ways, outperform the PURE II. PURE II is smaller, which is a big plus to me, and easier ergonomics for pocket use. I can't comment for you, but for me, PURE II is an easier, better interface for earphones, than is the DUET. DUET is a do-all and makes certain ergonomic concessions because of it. But are keepers. For primary IEM use, PURE II is my go. But it has less power than DUET for headphones, though far more than is necessary.

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #105 of 353
  Have on order iPod touch 64GB and lightning to 30pin adapter.. I know some of you have iPod touches and the Duet, any experience using the lightning to 30 pin LOD with the Duet?

Also, still on the lookout for a quality portable DAC to use with the iPod touch. One of the issues I'm struggling with is finding info on the line out VRMS values. Anyone know what what kind of power the -dB, -R and GoDAP are putting down at their line outs? Basically I'm trying to find the lowest VRMS in a sad attempt to get more volume control with the SE846. As it stands the amount of volume pot travel, even on low gain, is like a couple of millimeters at best.

I'm really starting to appreciate the Duet's sound more and more as I'm learning to look past the response characteristics of the iPhone 4s LOD and focus in on the superb liquid texture, layering, and detail of the Duet. The Duet and the SE846 together produce some stunning acoustic bass notes... 

Edit:
Found a source that indicated:
iPhone 4s line out is .4v
iPod touch 5 is .5v via lightning to 30pin

But another guy claims that the iPod touch 5 is not as loud as previous gen...

I'm reading that CLAS have a massive 2.25 VRMS on the line out. Anyone, confirm or deny?

Which CLAS? the original CLAS, CLAS -R or CLAS -dB? Note that early released of CLAS -dB were 1.2V and were subsequently revised to 1.69V, but CLAS -dBs you get off the shelf now are 2V. I've not heard of a 2.25V but I can check with Cypherlabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back