Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 353
Wow i wasnt aware they come with an iphone case too! Or does your iphone case just blend so well with it it looks like its connected together... hahaha 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #33 of 353
great to see venturecraft coming up with these clever products :) 

they look easier to use than something like the vamp

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #34 of 353
  I'm still burning it. First impression is that background noise is much lower than my current Rx Mk3_B (that will be gone soon). It's much better paring with my sensitive Fitear MH335DW.

Does it have a background hiss at all w/ your Fitears, or is it just quieter/fainter/less bothersome than the background hiss on the Rx Mk3-B?

Also, can you keep the micro-USB charger plugged into the amp while in use?  Does it fit into the micro-USB charger jack w/ all the back-end "portable interconnect" cables coming from your DAC?

Nice impressions + pics so far! :) Thanks.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #35 of 353

Does it have a background hiss at all w/ your Fitears, or is it just quieter/fainter/less bothersome than the background hiss on the Rx Mk3-B?

Also, can you keep the micro-USB charger plugged into the amp while in use?  Does it fit into the micro-USB charger jack w/ all the back-end "portable interconnect" cables coming from your DAC?

Nice impressions + pics so far! :) Thanks.

The background noise is still there but much quieter than Mk3-B. It use standard micro-USB port and yes it can be use while micro-USB is plugged. Don't know it's charging or not but the charging led light up.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #36 of 353
I can't say there is any background noise with my ciems. No hiss, no channel imbalance at low volumes either. Very dark background, good bass and midrange body

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #37 of 353
The background noise is still there but much quieter than Mk3-B. It use standard micro-USB port and yes it can be use while micro-USB is plugged. Don't know it's charging or not but the charging led light up.

I can't say there is any background noise with my ciems. No hiss, no channel imbalance at low volumes either. Very dark background, good bass and midrange body

Congrats for yours new Duet

According from mithefirst , that Duet power is not bigger than ALO Rx 3 B
Is that equal with the power from Theorem ?

I need amp , that has more power than my Ali Rx 3 B , if not bigger
I must think again ,should I buy or not ?

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #38 of 353
You have the wagnus you don't need another one :D

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #39 of 353

Funny, I thought the Duet was more powerful than the Theorem. I'll check with Cypherlabs. I found the Duet to be quite neutral in it's way of presentation. Didn't seem to lean towards either end of the FR.

I'm guessing you need more power than the Rx Mk3 for your Abyss. Really though I think you should look at driving that kinda headphone with a proper desktop amp. It's more than just raw power that'll make such a headphone shine.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #40 of 353

Funny, I thought the Duet was more powerful than the Theorem. I'll check with Cypherlabs. I found the Duet to be quite neutral in it's way of presentation. Didn't seem to lean towards either end of the FR.

I'm guessing you need more power than the Rx Mk3 for your Abyss. Really though I think you should look at driving that kinda headphone with a proper desktop amp. It's more than just raw power that'll make such a headphone shine.

I got those number from Cypher Labs website and compare it with Rx Mk3_B+ number but I feel that, at low gain, it's more powerful than my Mk3_B.

On Cypher Labs site, it said that balanced output is 70mW @ 32Ω while ALO is 640mW @ 32Ω. It might be a typo on cypher labs (may be 700mW). For the reference, Theorem output is 205mW @ 32Ω. 

On low gain, I can turn the volume of my Mk3_B to 100% and be able to listen with it but it will blow my ear aways with Duet.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #41 of 353
  I got those number from Cypher Labs website and compare it with Rx Mk3_B+ number but I feel that, at low gain, it's more powerful than my Mk3_B.

On Cypher Labs site, it said that balanced output is 70mW @ 32Ω while ALO is 640mW @ 32Ω. It might be a typo on cypher labs (may be 700mW). For the reference, Theorem output is 205mW @ 32Ω. 

On low gain, I can turn the volume of my Mk3_B to 100% and be able to listen with it but it will blow my ear aways with Duet.

Let's check with David. 70mW is less than the original Go-DAP X :wink:.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #42 of 353

Let's check with David. 70mW is less than the original Go-DAP X :wink:.

Here are the number from Cypher Labs.

Balanced output power with both channels driven:
• 70mW into 32Ω
• 100mW into 50Ω
• 240mW into 300Ω
• 120mW into 600Ω

Unbalanced output power with both channels driven:
• 70mW into 32Ω
• 100mW into 50Ω
• 60mW into 300Ω
• 30mW into 600Ω

Here are for the Mk3_B

Power output, balanced mode: 
• 640mW into 32 Ohms 
• 630 mW into 50 Ohms
• 150 mW into 300 Ohms
• 80 mW into 600 Ohms
Power output, unbalanced (single-ended) mode:
• 320 mW into 32 Ohms
• 220 mW into 50 Ohms
• 40 mW into 300 Ohms
• 20 mW into 600 Ohms

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #43 of 353
  Here are the number from Cypher Labs.

Balanced output power with both channels driven:
• 70mW into 32Ω
• 100mW into 50Ω
• 240mW into 300Ω
• 120mW into 600Ω

Unbalanced output power with both channels driven:
• 70mW into 32Ω
• 100mW into 50Ω
• 60mW into 300Ω
• 30mW into 600Ω

Here are for the Mk3_B

Power output, balanced mode: 
• 640mW into 32 Ohms 
• 630 mW into 50 Ohms
• 150 mW into 300 Ohms
• 80 mW into 600 Ohms
Power output, unbalanced (single-ended) mode:
• 320 mW into 32 Ohms
• 220 mW into 50 Ohms
• 40 mW into 300 Ohms
• 20 mW into 600 Ohms

I know. I've seen the web page too. I'm agreeing that it may be a typo as such asking you to reach out to Dave to doublecheck the figures he put up.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #44 of 353

Thank you Sean
With my ALO RX 3 B is very good in term of sound quality and power
Like i meet Sid from Singapore , I brought my portable set up , he like my portable set up for Abyss
After heard my set up 4 friends bought. abyss , before nobody want buy , because expensive
And with the set up at Jaben store was not good synergy to Abyss.

I have interest if Duet has more power than my ALO RX 3 B
If less than I don't want buy duet

For home use I have my tube amp from T+A. p 10.2
International has big power but the SQ is a bit harsh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back