Could someone identify these IEM's?
Mar 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:
Those have been around for the past week or so. Do you live in Japan? If you don't, you won't be able to buy them directly. You could find someone to buy for you.

However, these are the custom MH334's which use the FitEar proprietary connector. In other words only FitEar can re-shell them for you (unless you're willing to ditch the cables & go for a more conventional re-sheller & standard UE/Westone cable connector). By that time the signature may be quite different from a 334 already.

I use a proxy buying service. I'd rather not have them molded when I am in tokyo. I'm sure it's pricey too. I guess I should just save up and get the 334 if it really is better than the 111.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 26
I use a proxy buying service. I'd rather not have them molded when I am in tokyo. I'm sure it's pricey too. I guess I should just save up and get the 334 if it really is better than the 111.
Then expect the signature to change from the original 334 if you're using a 3rd party re-sheller & 3rd party connector.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #19 of 26
So would you recommend the 334's or 111's? From what I've read it's only a difference in musicality, and that a 700 dollar price difference is not justified.
I guess the question is recommend for what? They both have different signatures & catered for different tastes. It's really not like one is better than the other. Personally for me I like the 334 (and even then the TO GO! 334 sounds a little different from the MH334). I like somewhat more the warm signatures of the 334, but for some others here of HF, it's too warm for them.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
I guess the question is recommend for what? They both have different signatures & catered for different tastes. It's really not like one is better than the other. Personally for me I like the 334 (and even then the TO GO! 334 sounds a little different from the MH334). I like somewhat more the warm signatures of the 334, but for some others here of HF, it's too warm for them.

I am not understanding why one is 600 dollars and one is 1300 dollars if they are both in the same league. I've heard that the 334 to go is colored and the f111 is true to the recording and can sometimes be on the harsh side. There must be a difference in build quality or something to justify that 700 dollar difference. Am I making sense?

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #21 of 26
You may want to read the F111 thread. Price isn't always a good indicator of "something is better". It could be more complex engineering, and R&D but doesn't always necessarily always mean that a more expensive IEM is better than a cheaper one. Nor did I say they were in the same league. They're just different.

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 26
This is amusing. I'll let you handle this one, AnakChan...
regular_smile .gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
This is amusing. I'll let you handle this one, AnakChan...
regular_smile .gif

I was actually referring to your post in the F111 thread as an example actually :wink: although admittedly that's only a portion of the story. For tankteh, it's really kind of what you like to listen to, and what kind of signatures do you like.

Maybe I should quote the Ultrasone Signature DJ/Pro vs Edition 8 vs Edition 10 example and their respective prices!! But that may get a few Ultrasone fans unhappy.

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

I was actually referring to your post in the F111 thread as an example actually :wink: although admittedly that's only a portion of the story. For tankteh, it's really kind of what you like to listen to, and what kind of signatures do you like.

Maybe I should quote the Ultrasone Signature DJ/Pro vs Edition 8 vs Edition 10 example and their respective prices!! But that may get a few Ultrasone fans unhappy.

whats the story of the ultrasone? i like to hear it lol, all i know is the edition 10 is really expensive and some people think its really overrated

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #25 of 26
according to the cables i can say that the second ciem is a 1964 ears. since 1964ears cables are the only one with a weird nob on the 2 pin conector.
not shure which of the 3. (v3,q,v6)
but overal v3 (which i own.) is a warm colored sounding iem with a slight emphasis on the bass.
q's a tad warm but alot of bass.
on the v6 everything has been focus on soundstage and to sound as really (studio like) as possible.
as comparisation i add a picture of my own v3.
the second i don't recall don't recognize anything.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
according to the cables i can say that the second ciem is a 1964 ears. since 1964ears cables are the only one with a weird nob on the 2 pin conector.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not true. Lots of manufacturers use the same type of 2-pin connector, "weird nob" and all... they most likely all get these cables from 1 or 2 different manufacturers, and they look mostly identical, save for a few minor differences that are essentially OEM options for manufacturers to choose from (such as the style of 3.5mm plug, length of memory wire and tubing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back