I will try again to get a loaner, but this time for a longer time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 9post #121 of 83911/26/12 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 83912/6/12 at 10:28pm
subscribing to this thread as I am very interested in these!
are there any more measurements than the FR chart? or perhaps measurements done by the same measurer on other IEMs I might know. I haven't tried the ER4S so I can't really imagine what the treble is like. can anyone do a brief comparison to ATH-CK100 (what I have right now)?post #123 of 83912/14/12 at 10:14pmpost #124 of 83912/14/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Probably the 111 --- it'll give you a flatter presentation of classical music.
However, it does depend on what you enjoy listening to within the chamber setting, i.e. cellos, violins, etc.post #125 of 83912/15/12 at 7:03amQuote:
Thanks tomscy. The complete presentation is important but nothing beats a nice cello building out of the background. I also listen to lots of solo pieces of both instruments.post #126 of 83912/15/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Well, a 334 will give you more forward cellos, for sure, but they won't drown out the violins and/or violas (violas are usually drowned out by default, heh... poor violas, the neglected orchestral instruments). You can't really go wrong with either, but in general, if you listen to purely orchestral pieces, you'll appreciate the presentation of the 111 more. If you listen to opera in addition to orchestral music, as well as other genres with vocals, then a 334 would be more versatile. The 334 will put vocals front and center. That's not to say that the 111 doesn't do a good job with vocals; on the contrary, but the forwardness of the 334's vocals are sublime in a way that's difficult to match, because of its elevated lower midrange, giving more definition to vocal formants and fundamentals.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/15/12 at 7:09ampost #127 of 83912/15/12 at 7:27ampost #128 of 83912/15/12 at 7:57ampost #129 of 83912/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #130 of 83912/17/12 at 1:18pm
I've been wondering how they compare to the Final Audio Design Heaven VI's, the impressions I've read suggest they might be fairly close. I think the F111's will be more comfortable of the two.
Edit: Order cancelled.
Edited by Charnwood - 12/25/12 at 9:45ampost #131 of 83912/26/12 at 1:45am
hmm! really curious about these guys right now, as I have no phones whatsoever here.
does any owner feel that these at any point are fatiguing? is it possible to compare it with the HD800 treble fatigue level or less/more? I can't really picture it right now.
thanks!post #132 of 83912/28/12 at 7:53ampost #133 of 83912/30/12 at 12:32pmI got the impression that ety er4 are a tiny bit sibilant troubled... especially after hearing phonak pfe with grey filters which are supposed to sound similar. Should I expect this from the f111 too?post #134 of 83912/31/12 at 7:19amQuote:
The ER4 are not supposed to be sibilant, and neither should the F111 be, either. While it does share a similar response, the PFE can sometimes come off as sibilant if it isn't worn as deeply as possible, as would the ER4 or F111, if you don't insert it fully. Both the ER4 and F111 are designed for deep insertion fits.
BTW, people, I don't know what has been going on, but the F111 seems to have more and more bass every single time I listen to it. I'm not sure if the filters are getting clogged, and therefore the treble doesn't stand out as much, or there are tuning variations between batches that deviate from the original tuning.post #135 of 83912/31/12 at 6:34pmhmm, I used the PFE with the stock olive tips and inserted as deep as I could. seal seemed good and all. maybe not so perfect fit for me or just overly sensitive to sibilance. any clue if the tip choice might be the culprit? I don't think I can get the tips as deep as with the tri flange f.e. I really did like the tonal balance of the pfe though, just not the spikes. well you got my hopes up again, though I do want to use the olive tips rather than the flanges... so hmm.
thanksReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [Review] Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 8 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 9 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 minutes ago
- › based on the specs, which one of these computer speakers is better 13 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)