I will try again to get a loaner, but this time for a longer time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 9post #121 of 84011/26/12 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 84012/6/12 at 10:28pm
subscribing to this thread as I am very interested in these!
are there any more measurements than the FR chart? or perhaps measurements done by the same measurer on other IEMs I might know. I haven't tried the ER4S so I can't really imagine what the treble is like. can anyone do a brief comparison to ATH-CK100 (what I have right now)?post #123 of 84012/14/12 at 10:14pmpost #124 of 84012/14/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Probably the 111 --- it'll give you a flatter presentation of classical music.
However, it does depend on what you enjoy listening to within the chamber setting, i.e. cellos, violins, etc.post #125 of 84012/15/12 at 7:03amQuote:
Thanks tomscy. The complete presentation is important but nothing beats a nice cello building out of the background. I also listen to lots of solo pieces of both instruments.post #126 of 84012/15/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Well, a 334 will give you more forward cellos, for sure, but they won't drown out the violins and/or violas (violas are usually drowned out by default, heh... poor violas, the neglected orchestral instruments). You can't really go wrong with either, but in general, if you listen to purely orchestral pieces, you'll appreciate the presentation of the 111 more. If you listen to opera in addition to orchestral music, as well as other genres with vocals, then a 334 would be more versatile. The 334 will put vocals front and center. That's not to say that the 111 doesn't do a good job with vocals; on the contrary, but the forwardness of the 334's vocals are sublime in a way that's difficult to match, because of its elevated lower midrange, giving more definition to vocal formants and fundamentals.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/15/12 at 7:09ampost #127 of 84012/15/12 at 7:27ampost #128 of 84012/15/12 at 7:57ampost #129 of 84012/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #130 of 84012/17/12 at 1:18pm
I've been wondering how they compare to the Final Audio Design Heaven VI's, the impressions I've read suggest they might be fairly close. I think the F111's will be more comfortable of the two.
Edit: Order cancelled.
Edited by Charnwood - 12/25/12 at 9:45ampost #131 of 84012/26/12 at 1:45am
hmm! really curious about these guys right now, as I have no phones whatsoever here.
does any owner feel that these at any point are fatiguing? is it possible to compare it with the HD800 treble fatigue level or less/more? I can't really picture it right now.
thanks!post #132 of 84012/28/12 at 7:53ampost #133 of 84012/30/12 at 12:32pmI got the impression that ety er4 are a tiny bit sibilant troubled... especially after hearing phonak pfe with grey filters which are supposed to sound similar. Should I expect this from the f111 too?post #134 of 84012/31/12 at 7:19amQuote:
The ER4 are not supposed to be sibilant, and neither should the F111 be, either. While it does share a similar response, the PFE can sometimes come off as sibilant if it isn't worn as deeply as possible, as would the ER4 or F111, if you don't insert it fully. Both the ER4 and F111 are designed for deep insertion fits.
BTW, people, I don't know what has been going on, but the F111 seems to have more and more bass every single time I listen to it. I'm not sure if the filters are getting clogged, and therefore the treble doesn't stand out as much, or there are tuning variations between batches that deviate from the original tuning.post #135 of 84012/31/12 at 6:34pmhmm, I used the PFE with the stock olive tips and inserted as deep as I could. seal seemed good and all. maybe not so perfect fit for me or just overly sensitive to sibilance. any clue if the tip choice might be the culprit? I don't think I can get the tips as deep as with the tri flange f.e. I really did like the tonal balance of the pfe though, just not the spikes. well you got my hopes up again, though I do want to use the olive tips rather than the flanges... so hmm.
thanksReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fischer Audio Old Skool 33 1/3 RPM, Old Skool '70 2 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Albania +91- 9950620150 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Switzerland +91- 9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)