I will try again to get a loaner, but this time for a longer time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 4/25/15 at 3:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 9post #121 of 84611/26/12 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 84612/6/12 at 10:28pm
subscribing to this thread as I am very interested in these!
are there any more measurements than the FR chart? or perhaps measurements done by the same measurer on other IEMs I might know. I haven't tried the ER4S so I can't really imagine what the treble is like. can anyone do a brief comparison to ATH-CK100 (what I have right now)?post #123 of 84612/14/12 at 10:14pmpost #124 of 84612/14/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Probably the 111 --- it'll give you a flatter presentation of classical music.
However, it does depend on what you enjoy listening to within the chamber setting, i.e. cellos, violins, etc.post #125 of 84612/15/12 at 7:03amQuote:
Thanks tomscy. The complete presentation is important but nothing beats a nice cello building out of the background. I also listen to lots of solo pieces of both instruments.post #126 of 84612/15/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Well, a 334 will give you more forward cellos, for sure, but they won't drown out the violins and/or violas (violas are usually drowned out by default, heh... poor violas, the neglected orchestral instruments). You can't really go wrong with either, but in general, if you listen to purely orchestral pieces, you'll appreciate the presentation of the 111 more. If you listen to opera in addition to orchestral music, as well as other genres with vocals, then a 334 would be more versatile. The 334 will put vocals front and center. That's not to say that the 111 doesn't do a good job with vocals; on the contrary, but the forwardness of the 334's vocals are sublime in a way that's difficult to match, because of its elevated lower midrange, giving more definition to vocal formants and fundamentals.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/15/12 at 7:09ampost #127 of 84612/15/12 at 7:27ampost #128 of 84612/15/12 at 7:57ampost #129 of 84612/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #130 of 84612/17/12 at 1:18pm
I've been wondering how they compare to the Final Audio Design Heaven VI's, the impressions I've read suggest they might be fairly close. I think the F111's will be more comfortable of the two.
Edit: Order cancelled.
Edited by Charnwood - 12/25/12 at 9:45ampost #131 of 84612/26/12 at 1:45am
hmm! really curious about these guys right now, as I have no phones whatsoever here.
does any owner feel that these at any point are fatiguing? is it possible to compare it with the HD800 treble fatigue level or less/more? I can't really picture it right now.
thanks!post #132 of 84612/28/12 at 7:53ampost #133 of 84612/30/12 at 12:32pmI got the impression that ety er4 are a tiny bit sibilant troubled... especially after hearing phonak pfe with grey filters which are supposed to sound similar. Should I expect this from the f111 too?post #134 of 84612/31/12 at 7:19amQuote:
The ER4 are not supposed to be sibilant, and neither should the F111 be, either. While it does share a similar response, the PFE can sometimes come off as sibilant if it isn't worn as deeply as possible, as would the ER4 or F111, if you don't insert it fully. Both the ER4 and F111 are designed for deep insertion fits.
BTW, people, I don't know what has been going on, but the F111 seems to have more and more bass every single time I listen to it. I'm not sure if the filters are getting clogged, and therefore the treble doesn't stand out as much, or there are tuning variations between batches that deviate from the original tuning.post #135 of 84612/31/12 at 6:34pmhmm, I used the PFE with the stock olive tips and inserted as deep as I could. seal seemed good and all. maybe not so perfect fit for me or just overly sensitive to sibilance. any clue if the tip choice might be the culprit? I don't think I can get the tips as deep as with the tri flange f.e. I really did like the tonal balance of the pfe though, just not the spikes. well you got my hopes up again, though I do want to use the olive tips rather than the flanges... so hmm.
thanksReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The world of car accidents 49 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 59 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost, Uber Analog and USB Gen 2 Input 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2