I will try again to get a loaner, but this time for a longer time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 5/2/15 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 9post #121 of 84711/26/12 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 84712/6/12 at 10:28pm
subscribing to this thread as I am very interested in these!
are there any more measurements than the FR chart? or perhaps measurements done by the same measurer on other IEMs I might know. I haven't tried the ER4S so I can't really imagine what the treble is like. can anyone do a brief comparison to ATH-CK100 (what I have right now)?post #123 of 84712/14/12 at 10:14pmpost #124 of 84712/14/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Probably the 111 --- it'll give you a flatter presentation of classical music.
However, it does depend on what you enjoy listening to within the chamber setting, i.e. cellos, violins, etc.post #125 of 84712/15/12 at 7:03amQuote:
Thanks tomscy. The complete presentation is important but nothing beats a nice cello building out of the background. I also listen to lots of solo pieces of both instruments.post #126 of 84712/15/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Well, a 334 will give you more forward cellos, for sure, but they won't drown out the violins and/or violas (violas are usually drowned out by default, heh... poor violas, the neglected orchestral instruments). You can't really go wrong with either, but in general, if you listen to purely orchestral pieces, you'll appreciate the presentation of the 111 more. If you listen to opera in addition to orchestral music, as well as other genres with vocals, then a 334 would be more versatile. The 334 will put vocals front and center. That's not to say that the 111 doesn't do a good job with vocals; on the contrary, but the forwardness of the 334's vocals are sublime in a way that's difficult to match, because of its elevated lower midrange, giving more definition to vocal formants and fundamentals.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/15/12 at 7:09ampost #127 of 84712/15/12 at 7:27ampost #128 of 84712/15/12 at 7:57ampost #129 of 84712/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #130 of 84712/17/12 at 1:18pm
I've been wondering how they compare to the Final Audio Design Heaven VI's, the impressions I've read suggest they might be fairly close. I think the F111's will be more comfortable of the two.
Edit: Order cancelled.
Edited by Charnwood - 12/25/12 at 9:45ampost #131 of 84712/26/12 at 1:45am
hmm! really curious about these guys right now, as I have no phones whatsoever here.
does any owner feel that these at any point are fatiguing? is it possible to compare it with the HD800 treble fatigue level or less/more? I can't really picture it right now.
thanks!post #132 of 84712/28/12 at 7:53ampost #133 of 84712/30/12 at 12:32pmI got the impression that ety er4 are a tiny bit sibilant troubled... especially after hearing phonak pfe with grey filters which are supposed to sound similar. Should I expect this from the f111 too?post #134 of 84712/31/12 at 7:19amQuote:
The ER4 are not supposed to be sibilant, and neither should the F111 be, either. While it does share a similar response, the PFE can sometimes come off as sibilant if it isn't worn as deeply as possible, as would the ER4 or F111, if you don't insert it fully. Both the ER4 and F111 are designed for deep insertion fits.
BTW, people, I don't know what has been going on, but the F111 seems to have more and more bass every single time I listen to it. I'm not sure if the filters are getting clogged, and therefore the treble doesn't stand out as much, or there are tuning variations between batches that deviate from the original tuning.post #135 of 84712/31/12 at 6:34pmhmm, I used the PFE with the stock olive tips and inserted as deep as I could. seal seemed good and all. maybe not so perfect fit for me or just overly sensitive to sibilance. any clue if the tip choice might be the culprit? I don't think I can get the tips as deep as with the tri flange f.e. I really did like the tonal balance of the pfe though, just not the spikes. well you got my hopes up again, though I do want to use the olive tips rather than the flanges... so hmm.
thanksReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › My decision : HD 800 + HDVA 600 + CH 800 (XLR)....but what DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 11 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 11 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2