Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,776 of 5,310
Sent my impressions 9 days ago from the UK to Sweden, I would have thought they'd have arrived there is under a week, I sure hope they're not lost.

Oddly I just received an email this morning indicating he received my impressions. Which is hreat but frankly I thought it would have taken longer not just 6 days. Sorry to hear yours taking so long. I'm excited that as soon as he recieves payment for pre-fit Phil will be sending me the shells to try out.
Just received a text message from CE : "Final finishing" :bigsmile_face:
Congratulations!
Mine were shipped out early last week but Phil never sent me the tracking number so I have no idea where it is or when it will arrive. Gaaahhhh lol
Aww well congrats on almost receiving yours. You have been waiting a while too. Seems like forever ago that I happened across the cosmic ears site for the first time.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,778 of 5,310
Seems like forever ago that I happened across the cosmic ears site for the first time.

You just reminded me that I've waited almost a year to finally order BA4s. I think they were announced back in October or November 2012.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #2,779 of 5,310
Probably a late tip, but for those in the uk I would recommend using Royal Mail isf at £15 to send impressions to Ce as that gives a tracking number.

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #2,782 of 5,310
I might need to get another set if impressions taken and try that, the woman didn't give me any options but airmail so I used that and for Sweden it should be 3-5 days, its been 10 and they're waiting on my impressions to start making my CIEMS

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #2,783 of 5,310
Sent my impression 2 weeks ago and now it's in 'impression detailing' status.
It just took 2 days for them to do a quality assurance on the ear impression before moving into 'impression detailing'.
I'd say they (Cosmic Ears) do things rather quick, that of course without the prefit service.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,785 of 5,310
I made a thread regarding entering the custom IEMs market after having terrible experiences with earbuds, etc. I had so many issues that I entirely gave up on anything but headphones, but recently I wanted to try some custom IEMs to get around my previous issues.

I got pointed to Cosmic Ears and found this thread, the customer service, comfort and quality really do shine through the posts - I skimmed the entire 186 pages last night, while listening to some NIN.

So I'm (pretty much) settled on the BA4f with the pre-fit service for peace of mind.
Now I need to book the audiologist fitting and decide on the customisations (logo, colour, recessed connectors, etc). 
biggrin.gif

From a prospective buyers point of view the only negative thing I can say regarding Cosmic Ears is the limited photos of their work available on the site. Viewing the thread demonstrated a lot of creative and highly polished products that should be displayed. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #2,786 of 5,310
From a prospective buyers point of view the only negative thing I can say regarding Cosmic Ears is the limited photos of their work available on the site. Viewing the thread demonstrated a lot of creative and highly polished products that should be displayed. 

I agree with you. Their page has some cons and mainly lacks pictures how the shell colours look like (I know that there are some pictures of their facebook page).

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,787 of 5,310
They're here!!! Finally! :D
Build is decent enough - mostly smooth with very few imperfections. Shells are emptier than I expected, but maybe my ears are just on the bigger side. Cable is a lot more flexible than I expected.

They fit fine, no discomfort at all, but unfortunately I need to push them inwards to get a good seal. When I release my fingers I can tell that the seal isn't perfect because of the changes in sound. Any ideas? Will my ears adjust to them, or do they need adjusting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back