Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #2,792 of 5,310
That really is nice! So, how do you like the sound? :)

Mids have very nice clarity, and bass is good when I can get a good seal, but I still have trouble getting a good seal, and treble seems very subdued. I have to EQ up the entire treble 6-8 dB to get anything close to neutrality. Maybe they need some burn in, but I thought BA drivers don't need burn in?

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,795 of 5,310
You say 3 way but they have 2 bores? I thought that number of bores equals the number of "ways".

Nope, not always. "Ways" means the number of bands the frequency spectrum is split into. A three-way design means the frequency band is split into three bands (e.g. bass, mids, treble) using two crossovers. The upcoming BA6 will be a four-way design (bass, lower mids, upper mids, treble) with three crossovers. More than one driver can be used for the same frequency band, for example the BA4 uses two drivers for bass, and the JH16 has four bass drivers. More than driver, whether or not they play the same frequency band, can share the same sound bore. It's very difficult to put four or five sound bores into the canal, but that doesn't mean four-way or five-way designs can't be made.
On a side note, I'm becoming more accustomed to the sound of the HY3. My ears are too used to the HD600 which sounds very different. I'll wait a few days before posting sound impressions and/or review.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #2,796 of 5,310
They're here!!! Finally!
biggrin.gif

Build is decent enough - mostly smooth with very few imperfections. Shells are emptier than I expected, but maybe my ears are just on the bigger side. Cable is a lot more flexible than I expected.

They fit fine, no discomfort at all, but unfortunately I need to push them inwards to get a good seal. When I release my fingers I can tell that the seal isn't perfect because of the changes in sound. Any ideas? Will my ears adjust to them, or do they need adjusting?

This post is worthless without pictures!
biggrin.gif

Give it a little bit of time, they might fit better. It should fit more snug once you build up some ear oil on them or you can also try to move it around a little, sometimes it just isn't positioned at the best spot.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2,797 of 5,310

That really is nice! So, how do you like the sound?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mids have very nice clarity, and bass is good when I can get a good seal, but I still have trouble getting a good seal, and treble seems very subdued. I have to EQ up the entire treble 6-8 dB to get anything close to neutrality. Maybe they need some burn in, but I thought BA drivers don't need burn in?

I don't think the drivers need burn in. If you're not getting a good seal, I'm afraid you're going to have to send them back. Maybe with better impressions this time? About the treble, that's pretty much how I felt about the BA4fs :0 the mids and treble were way overpowered by the bass.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2,798 of 5,310
This post is worthless without pictures! :D

Give it a little bit of time, they might fit better. It should fit more snug once you build up some ear oil on them or you can also try to move it around a little, sometimes it just isn't positioned at the best spot.
I must agree I would love to see your beauties :)

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,800 of 5,310
Can you please help me in ordering Cosmic Ears CIEMs? I've registered on their page. However, when I'm in the shop and I choose a particular CIEM and all the options necessary I can't see any button similar to "add to cart"/"purchase". There is only information saying that I should click on the Product Required Page and when I do this (and chose the CIEM which I'm interested in) nothing happens. Should I wait for some notification from them or like?

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #2,804 of 5,310
This post is worthless without pictures!
biggrin.gif

I'll upload the pictures when I get home tonight. The left side seems to seal better now, but my right ear still doesn't seal properly. I've tried moving it around a bit but the seal is still incomplete unless I keep pushing it in. I'll give it a few days for my ears to adjust, and if it still doesn't seal I might try thickening the canals with a bit of nail polish or something.

I don't think the drivers need burn in. If you're not getting a good seal, I'm afraid you're going to have to send them back. Maybe with better impressions this time? About the treble, that's pretty much how I felt about the BA4fs :0 the mids and treble were way overpowered by the bass.

The bass doesn't overwhelm on pair though. The bass and mids are quite balanced. It's just that the upper treble is subdued, making everything sound dark/muffled/veiled. "S" consonants and cymbals seem to be missing.

Can you please help me in ordering Cosmic Ears CIEMs? I've registered on their page. However, when I'm in the shop and I choose a particular CIEM and all the options necessary I can't see any button similar to "add to cart"/"purchase". There is only information saying that I should click on the Product Required Page and when I do this (and chose the CIEM which I'm interested in) nothing happens. Should I wait for some notification from them or like?

Did you register yet? http://www.cosmicears.com/my-account/
After you register, go to the product page and request for them to enable the store.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2,805 of 5,310
Yes. I've registered myself, went to shop and chosen BA4R and all required options, then went to Product Required Page and clicked at BA4 as product which I want to be enabled for me; up to date nothing happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back