Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,748 of 5,310
This waiting list is killing me, my current in ears are on their last legs
Not sure if there really is a waiting list now. You simply send in your impressions and once cosmic receives your impressions, they will enable the shop for you and you can then order your monitors.

Well that was quick, just got a text saying my monitors moved into final finishing. :)

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #2,749 of 5,310
I'm so torn. I was set in the HY3, but there is a sale on 1964 ears that makes the V3 pretty close to the same price but without the international shipping prices and times. Sale ends today and I cant decide. It's brutal first world problem at its best.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #2,750 of 5,310
Quote:
Not sure if there really is a waiting list now. You simply send in your impressions and once cosmic receives your impressions, they will enable the shop for you and you can then order your monitors.

Well that was quick, just got a text saying my monitors moved into final finishing.
smily_headphones1.gif

I enquired about my position on the notification list and I got a reply stating there's a few weeks of customers on the list before me, but that if I send my impressions in they will enable the store for me and let me pay for the product in advance and they'll process the order ASAP. I told them I can wait and they seemed to appreciate it.

Going to go get my ears cleaned at the vet and then have the impressions done next week, can't wait for my anxious waiting to start!

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,751 of 5,310
I enquired about my position on the notification list and I got a reply stating there's a few weeks of customers on the list before me, but that if I send my impressions in they will enable the store for me and let me pay for the product in advance and they'll process the order ASAP. I told them I can wait and they seemed to appreciate it.

Going to go get my ears cleaned at the vet and then have the impressions done next week, can't wait for my anxious waiting to start!
Oh, really? My bad then, it might be because I've been in contact with Phil for months before I finally sent in my impressions and made my order.

I'm usually very impatient but I'm actually really surprised at how quickly my monitors are progressing and I didn't even pay rush order. I guess it's better when a company doesn't sell more than they can handle. I ordered reshell tf10s for my cousin from a new company a few months ago and it was a nightmare, they sold more than they could handle and she ended up waiting 2-2.5 months to finally receive them.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #2,752 of 5,310
I sent my impressions off last week, I did ask about my place in the waiting list and they said they'd check but I got no response, I'll ask again today.

I'm still undecided between the HY3 and BA4F though

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,753 of 5,310
Quote:
Oh, really? My bad then, it might be because I've been in contact with Phil for months before I finally sent in my impressions and made my order.

I'm usually very impatient but I'm actually really surprised at how quickly my monitors are progressing and I didn't even pay rush order. I guess it's better when a company doesn't sell more than they can handle. I ordered reshell tf10s for my cousin from a new company a few months ago and it was a nightmare, they sold more than they could handle and she ended up waiting 2-2.5 months to finally receive them.

Whoa that was really harsh...
Well, I am still waiting for my empty shell to be assembled... Wonder how long would it usually take...
Meditate Meditate... 

Anyway, have been looking around at DIY cable making... 
Not sure if I am able to do it though but it look really cool... Is it a confirmation that cosmic ears uses westone connector or is that just assumption?
Though it also seems like the cables must be bought in bulk... 
Wonder if there is any shop in Singapore that sells these though... or online shop that ships reasonably

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,754 of 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxpoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyway, have been looking around at DIY cable making... 
Not sure if I am able to do it though but it look really cool... Is it a confirmation that cosmic ears uses westone connector or is that just assumption?

I asked that too, I'll paste the reply here:

Quote:
The cables are the standard 2-Pin style so a Westone style cable should fit. If you look at the latest post on Facebook of the Purple HY3 it shows the cable.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,755 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm so torn. I was set in the HY3, but there is a sale on 1964 ears that makes the V3 pretty close to the same price but without the international shipping prices and times. Sale ends today and I cant decide. It's brutal first world problem at its best.

Well that's an easy one, buy both :)

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2,758 of 5,310
Quote:
Well that's an easy one, buy both :)

That's the Head-Fi spirit! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

If that's the case, then rather than a Westone connector, its a standard 2-pin connector...
which means sennheiser uses a similar connector...

Did i get my facts wrong?

Nope, Westone is the standard 2-pin connector. As far as I know Sennheiser IEMs don't even have detachable cables. If you are referring to the HD600 type connector, then nope, that is way bigger and there's no way that will fit on an IEM. The other common IEM connectors are UE style and Shure style. Shure is a round coaxial connector, and the UE can be converted into a standard Westone by trimming the sleeve around the pins, but polarity is reversed.

Quote:
Can anyone comment on Full size vs Medium shells?

Full size shells isolate better. Medium shells don't isolate as well but are a bit easier to insert. Sound is the same.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2,759 of 5,310
Quote:
Nope, Westone is the standard 2-pin connector. As far as I know Sennheiser IEMs don't even have detachable cables. If you are referring to the HD600 type connector, then nope, that is way bigger and there's no way that will fit on an IEM. The other common IEM connectors are UE style and Shure style. Shure is a round coaxial connector, and the UE can be converted into a standard Westone by trimming the sleeve around the pins, but polarity is reversed.

Sennheiser does have the below connector for the IE 8 and similar for the other top end IEMs but yeah, the Westone 2 pin is pretty much the standard socket for customs.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2,760 of 5,310
so basically 2 pins is the standard cable... great.. makes life easier.. :p

Anyway, any cable DIYer that recommend sites with good shipping prices but not in bulk?
i was reading up the cable DIY thread like:
Redco.com
sg.mouser.com (i have no idea how to surf the site LOL)

But those have to purchase at least 50 for some of the sites lol.... Don't really think that it is a good place to start for beginners...

Oh yeah, I remember someone wanted to make a switch for the cosmic ears? Wonder what is the status as well.

PS: Can beginners start such work in the first place?
Regarding the soldering equipment, I have my school labs that I can fall back upon for help.. :D

EDIT: Just realize that I need to read up on the cable to use as well...
Looks like 26-28awg seems to be the norm.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back