Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #2,731 of 5,310
On the site there is an option to convert tye price to USD and the shipping page shows the worlswide rate.

Doesn't make sense for him to not ship to the USA.
I also agree. It would seem irregular for ones site to portray details explaining how much something would cost beforehand so you know and in the end make it unavailable to you.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #2,732 of 5,310
Oh thanks! Yea im thinking about the BA2. You really think the mids and highs would be better? Have you tried both? Beause my assumption was that they wouldn't be but oh well ill wait for more posts. But thank you so much for responding though It was relatively quick! And that's good that they ship to the US and Canada. I heard from someone that they didn't but that was probably a long time ago. Tell me if customs screws u over or not :)

I haven't heard the BA2, but according to Phil (the owner of Cosmic Ears) the mids and treble are quite similar between the BA2 and HY3. The HY3 has way better mids than the GR07, so if the BA2 is so similar then it should also be better. The treble is smooth, not sparkly like the GR07 but very competent.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2,733 of 5,310
Well I sent my impressions off.  Hopefully they arrive alright since I didn't send with tracking.  Looking forward to HY3's.

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2,735 of 5,310
Quote:
Just wondering, if you have pre-fit service, then does it get stuck in Shell detailing? or will there be another update?

thanks..

I didn't get any status updates during the pre-fit. After they received the shells back, they enabled the store for me.

Btw, getting really impatient here. Why does it take a freaking week for my package to go from the netherlands to sweden D:
At this point the mailing of the shells is the main bottleneck. What's even worse, after they get my shells, they'll have to send the corrected ones to me, which will take another week. Then I'll have to send those back, another week, and after the cIEM is finished, delivery will be a bit faster, but I'll have to pay for it. So it's atleast 4 weeks of waiting, just to get the package at the right place. Those cIEMs better turn out freaking orgasmic. At the end, I've paid over €100 just for the shipping costs. Ah well, if I bought cIEMs outside EU, I would've paid more for just the import taxes.

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,736 of 5,310
Quote:
I didn't get any status updates during the pre-fit. After they received the shells back, they enabled the store for me.

Btw, getting really impatient here. Why does it take a freaking week for my package to go from the netherlands to sweden D:
At this point the mailing of the shells is the main bottleneck. What's even worse, after they get my shells, they'll have to send the corrected ones to me, which will take another week. Then I'll have to send those back, another week, and after the cIEM is finished, delivery will be a bit faster, but I'll have to pay for it. So it's atleast 4 weeks of waiting, just to get the package at the right place. Those cIEMs better turn out freaking orgasmic. At the end, I've paid over €100 just for the shipping costs. Ah well, if I bought cIEMs outside EU, I would've paid more for just the import taxes.

But why 100 euros(if i did not mistook the sign?)? How much did you pay for just sending the ear impressions?

Anyway, I think hoping for it to be freaking orgasmic is kinda too much i think, especially if you are only counting on people's reviews and not from your own experiences from previous models...

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #2,737 of 5,310
Quote:

But why 100 euros(if i did not mistook the sign?)? How much did you pay for just sending the ear impressions?

Anyway, I think hoping for it to be freaking orgasmic is kinda too much i think, especially if you are only counting on people's reviews and not from your own experiences from previous models...

Those are the shipping costs in total, when I'm completely done with the sending, I have sent impressions and shells 4 times to sweden, which is about €14 per go. When my latest model is done (and I assume I have to pay for its shipment too), I have paid twice for the fast shipment for the monitors which is 25 GBP. That's €58 + 4 x €14 = €114. Adds up quick doesn't it :frowning2:

About them being 'freaking orgasmic', I don't think they'll be just that. In the end it has taken a lot of hassle for something I don't even have yet. However, I have learned a lot, and I think this will safe me time with any future cIEM. 
My opinion on the sound quality might change drastically when I get the new monitors though. Bigger bore size, and a different model might make all the difference.
It was also very hard for me to judge the SQ when I disliked the sound signature so much. But when properly EQ-ed, I really did like the SQ. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,738 of 5,310
Regarding dac/amp combos, I'm looking into audio GD. This product looks really good for its price: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB15.32/NFB15.32EN.htm

Dual dac, and a headphone output impedance of 2 ohms, Which should be low enough for cIEMs.

For those who don't have cosmic ears on facebook: 

Cosmic Ears

Email issues. We experienced some email issues over the last 24 hours, our ISP had some problems which have now been resolved. If you sent an email to us in the last 24 hours and you either had it "bounced" or no reply, please resend.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2,740 of 5,310
Aug 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #2,741 of 5,310
At 40.00 USD, I would hope so!
Unfortunately I believe that is no. But it really depends on your shipping method I also paid that much but according to the lady that helped me send its a priority mail international shipment that has a tracking number bit when you try and check it it comes up as untrackable. If you were to use the fed-ex international it has a workable tracking number but for a whopping 130 USD which seems really unreasonable... sooo I went with the more affordable option and ground myself to staying as patient as possible since it will still be quite a while before I see some genuine progress.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2,743 of 5,310
Yay! Just got a text, my ba4s moved into shell assembly. Should be finished soon based on the description on their site. Can't wait!

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,745 of 5,310
Quote:
So I had a dream this morning that I received them, and when I tried them on the fit was perfect. But being a dream, of course after a while they started getting loose and falling out lol. In real life I should be receiving them next week.

Hahahaha XD

Well good luck with them next week. I'll probably receive the new shells, and the demo models for the BA4s in about one or two weeks. I really can't wait for those demo models! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back