Cool Album Covers ?
Mar 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered Tool's 10,000 days and was suprised by the Album art. It came with an attached pair of 3d glasses and several 3d pictures. Super cool stuff

I can think of a few other album covers that have stood out;

Rolling Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Requests" Original album came with a holographic image on the cover

Every "Yes" album contained superb art work

What about you guys anything that really stood out and impressed you?

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 49
Jethro Tull original pressing of Stand Up has a nice pup up with stylised images of the band members inside the gatefold package...

jeth_tull_stand_up_2.jpg

Thick As A brick had a sleeve shaped as a fake newspaper full of nonsensical humorous articles.

The original die-cut sleeve of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti is also nice and unique.

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 49
yup I remember physiacl Graffit. Lateralus oddly enough is my curent favorite album, unfortately I purchased it used and it did not come with the art. ARRRGGG

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 49
So many.......But how about "EAT A PEACH" with Its Inside "MUSHROOM ART" covering both sides!! BUT, I got to say (it's an age thing) for me "Sgt.Peppers" is right up there on my list, with it being the 1st LP to have all the lyrics printed on the rear cover, much less the unreal photo on its cover......

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 49
Menomena - Friend or Foe is not only an awesome album but has an awesome case.

menomena-friend-and-foe.jpg

The album art has holes in the front so you can see down to some of the art on the CD. It's different depending on which way you twist the CD and which way you have the inner sleeve. Very unique.

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #15 of 49
Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures was voted as the most iconic album cover of all time (2008 poll)

641548346_307218a4cb.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always thought a coffee table book with only album art in the original LP size would be a great idea.

like these?

Roger Dean's book is 12.1"x12.1"

this one is 8"x8"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back