Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
May 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #616 of 1,242
Quote:
Quote:
clieos, i ve just checked your profile and saw you listened to the xba3 and have the xba1 (which i assume you bought) in preview for review.
i 'd like to ask your impressions of the xba3
and i MUST know your opinion of the xba1 
thank you

For short, XBA-1 is really good as a single driver and for its price bucket. It has a mid centric sound and overall the SQ is close to the level of EX600. It is one of the best sounding single BA under $100 I have ever heard.

XBA-3 definitely belongs to the upper end of IEM world, close to or among top-tier. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but the presentation reminds me of the new CK100 Pro, just isn't quite as impressive. I was hoping to listen to other XBA model, but the store I visited didn't have others for demo.

thank you a lot! close to the ex600 seems a great achievement. and looks more comfortable and easy to fit
can it compete with the SBA-03? or 012 (with one of the filters) ?

May 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #617 of 1,242
thank you a lot! close to the ex600 seems a great achievement. and looks more comfortable and easy to fit

SBA-03 is technically not a sub-$100 IEM. Regardless, I think SBA-03 only slightly better than XBA-1. Same for PFE022.

May 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #619 of 1,242
Quote:
  SBA-03 is technically not a sub-$100 IEM. Regardless, I think SBA-03 only slightly better than XBA-1. Same for PFE022.

So what's with all the raving about the A161? Do you think they made any real changes to the SBA-03 (other than the cable)? Isn't the XBA-1 a nice little thing, though? At $70, it's a decent deal. If not for the annoying J-cord, I would've kept it.

May 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #620 of 1,242
Hi ClieOS,

What do you think regarding to the TDK BA100s?
Which IEMs are simillar to them?

BA100 is pretty decent for the current sub$100 price tag, but I won't pay for its MSRP. I haven't had time to do a very detail comparison on it yet, so I am not going to say which other IEM share similar sound. However, BA100 does give me the feeling of a warm mix between Shure and Westone UM series.

So what's with all the raving about the A161? Do you think they made any real changes to the SBA-03 (other than the cable)? Isn't the XBA-1 a nice little thing, though? At $70, it's a decent deal. If not for the annoying J-cord, I would've kept it.

Doubt it. A161 probably going to sound real similar to SBA-03, but then again, I haven't heard it.

May 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #621 of 1,242
Quote:

thank you, clieos. again. 

Quote:

oh yes, forgot that ... maybe the s65 then...?

May 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #623 of 1,242
Quote:
  Doubt it. A161 probably going to sound real similar to SBA-03, but then again, I haven't heard it.

Yeah, I have my doubts too. It would've at most been a filter change, anyway. Now, if they had spec'ed out the A161 to be similar to the ER4P, that would've been an interesting thing to hear.

Quote:

The S65 has a traditional Y-cord and so does the XBA-1iP... the S65 is pretty comfortable, but it has an odd fit style. If you use an iPhone/iPod pretty often, I suggest you go with the XBA-1iP.

May 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #624 of 1,242
Quote:

Quote:

The S65 has a traditional Y-cord and so does the XBA-1iP... the S65 is pretty comfortable, but it has an odd fit style. If you use an iPhone/iPod pretty often, I suggest you go with the XBA-1iP.

what is sony thinking? the 1 j-cord and the 1ip y-cord? doesnt makes sense...
no i use a clip+, so no mic-iem for me.

the J-cord is really dissapointing 
frown.gif

May 21, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #625 of 1,242
coming from the SE215 how will the RE262 fair for electronic, dubstep, Hip Hop, Jazz, Acoustic, and general Vocals. 
songs like these
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Never+Let+Me+Down/1Xl2dY?src=5
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/I+Wonder/nhMTY?src=5
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Fly+Me+To+The+Moon+In+Other+Words/3DbLko?src=5
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Stranger+In+Paradise/4clNqZ?src=5
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Blood+Red/3Wr4xD?src=5

and sorry about the low bit rate, idk what it is, but its not too high :D

oh btw I will be using a Digizoid z02, so I'd also love to know how they pair up with that :D

May 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #626 of 1,242

the J-cord is really dissapointing :frowning2:

J-cord is basically invented by Sony, so to speak, and it is still a popular cable style in Japan, so you can't blame the Japanese engineer wanting to incorporate the design on to their IEM.

coming from the SE215 how will the RE262 fair for electronic, dubstep, Hip Hop, Jazz, Acoustic, and general Vocals. 
and sorry about the low bit rate, idk what it is, but its not too high :D

oh btw I will be using a Digizoid z02, so I'd also love to know how they pair up with that :D

ZO2 is an okay amp, I won't say it is particular great with RE262 unless bass is your priority. RE262 is mainly a vocal IEM, so I don't think it is suited for electronic or dubstep.Hip-hop and Acoustic is a maybe, but Jazz and general vocal should be fine. Not to say RE262 will sound bad for the first few but it might not have enough bass (guess that is where your ZO2 comes in).

May 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #628 of 1,242
May 22, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #630 of 1,242
Quote:
Quote:

the J-cord is really dissapointing 
frown.gif

J-cord is basically invented by Sony, so to speak, and it is still a popular cable style in Japan, so you can't blame the Japanese engineer wanting to incorporate the design on to their IEM.

ha, so i know who to blame from now on 
evil_smiley.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back