Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #586 of 1,242
ClieOS, do you have any news about the GR08 that you can share? 
wink.gif

Thanks.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #587 of 1,242
So you recommend I get 2 of them? For both my friends?

Sure, why not? GR02 Bass can work well with all genre, including Rock. Unless you don't like one of your friends as much and rather give him/her the cheaper GR99 :wink:

ClieOS, do you have any news about the GR08 that you can share? :wink:

Official press image of GR08 will be released on May 1st., priced at around US$320.

There will also be another dynamic+BA model called OXOO, but it is going to be a limited edition and priced at around US$1600 (Yes, you are reading it right: One-Six-Zero-Zero). Actually this one is not intended for sale, and most likely going to be a showroom model for auditioning tour or promotional purpose, probably a prototype of concept / capability proving (like how Orpheus is to Sennheiser). A small quantity might go on sale, but it doesn't seem like VSONIC wants it to be a regular mass production product (hence the high price tag). That's all I know for now.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #588 of 1,242

Quote:
Official press image of GR08 will be released on May 1st., priced at around US$320.
There will also be another dynamic+BA model called OXOO, but it is going to be a limited edition and priced at around US$1600 (Yes, you are reading it right: One-Six-Zero-Zero). Actually this one is not intended for sale, and most likely going to be a showroom model for auditioning tour or promotional purpose, probably a prototype of concept / capability proving (like how Orpheus is to Sennheiser). A small quantity might go on sale, but it doesn't seem like VSONIC wants it to be a regular mass production product (hence the high price tag). That's all I know for now.

Whaaaatttt!!!!! Not so soon! I have to pay my tuition :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #589 of 1,242

Quote:

Whaaaatttt!!!!! Not so soon! I have to pay my tuition :frowning2:

Yes!! And No!!!

Yes: right below my spending comfort level :D
No: right below my spending comfort level :frowning2:

Tuition: Me too...

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #591 of 1,242
Thanks a lot :D

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #592 of 1,242
Hi clieOS, have you heard meizu ep-40? Is it worth $50?

Yes, I have and will review it in short future. It has a sound signature between bassy and balanced, slightly boomy and fun to listen to. Overall, it is a decent IEM for $50 but it isn't a giant killer. I would imagine it is tuned mostly for smart phone (and probably for Meizu's own MX and M9). I listen to it on my Samsung Android phone and find it decent as both headset for communication and headphone for music, plus it is very light (in weight) and easy to use. But it won't replace any of my good IEM anytime soon. You can think of it as a sub-$50 headset with decent SQ rather than a sub-$50 great sounding IEM that comes with mic.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #594 of 1,242
I have quite a few that I really like. If I have one single favorite IEM, I'll probably quit the hobby a long time ago. I can tell you I consider myself an analytical listener, so analytical IEM (i.e. ER4S, RE0, Phonak PFE) are generally my preference. However, I usually don't stick to any one particular IEM for a long time and listen to non analytical IEM almost just as much. To me, it is the journey that counts, not the destination. In short, I have a taste for good sounding IEM, but don't have one 'favorite IEM', so to speak.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #595 of 1,242

Quote:
I have quite a few that I really like. If I have one single favorite IEM, I'll probably quit the hobby a long time ago. I can tell you I consider myself an analytical listener, so analytical IEM (i.e. ER4S, RE0, Phonak PFE) are generally my preference. However, I usually don't stick to any one particular IEM for a long time and listen to non analytical IEM almost just as much. To me, it is the journey that counts, not the destination. In short, I have a taste for good sounding IEM, but don't have one 'favorite IEM', so to speak.

What if you were trapped on an island and... haha I'm just kidding 
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #596 of 1,242

Quote:

Thanks for the update! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #597 of 1,242
I've been following some of your amp comments on other threads, ClieOS. I may have fallen in love with the RE272. What is your favorite amp with the RE272? Either portable (E11, JDS CMOY, C421, UHA4) or transportable like the O2? (Or anything else...)

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #599 of 1,242

Quote:
Do you know where I can find the ECCI 401s now? Lendmeurears doesn't stock them anymore.

????????????
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECCI-PR401-/320723265391?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4aac98a76f

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #600 of 1,242
I've been following some of your amp comments on other threads, ClieOS. I may have fallen in love with the RE272. What is your favorite amp with the RE272? Either portable (E11, JDS CMOY, C421, UHA4) or transportable like the O2? (Or anything else...)

Without a doubt I prefer RE272 with either balanced or active-ground-balanced amp, like the balanced amp module on HM801 or StepDance. T5 isn't bad as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back